Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I fancy using the Fasttrack service with Buggy for arrival and maybe Fasttrack and lounge for departure, any recommendations?

TIA

Biz Class and book assistance?

I have yet to find who gets to use the buggy, other than VIPs! I travel 1st most of the time now, and it is never an option with the airlines I use. I did a couple of trips where I needed assistance (leg in cast), but that was wheelchair; I did ask at the time about the buggies, but the "wheelchair driver" said that the only "mode of transport" for the infirm was by manual wheelchair, and the electronic walkways were also out of bounds to them.

I have yet to find who gets to use the buggy, other than VIPs! I travel 1st most of the time now, and it is never an option with the airlines I use. I did a couple of trips where I needed assistance (leg in cast), but that was wheelchair; I did ask at the time about the buggies, but the "wheelchair driver" said that the only "mode of transport" for the infirm was by manual wheelchair, and the electronic walkways were also out of bounds to them.

The buggy on arrival is for Thai Airways Royal First class. You are also assigned a baggage girl to pull your bags off the carousel and push your cart to your driver.

Business class you need to walk with all the other peons

This is my ride through Swampy...

The buggy on arrival is for Thai Airways Royal First class. You are also assigned a baggage girl to pull your bags off the carousel and push your cart to your driver.

Business class you need to walk with all the other peons

Hi, Mike!

Yup, the few times I flew Royal First with Thai I got the buggy ride. Once when I had three heavy bags, they assigned me a strong-looking young guy to collect my bags and push the cart to the curb. My driver was a bit delayed and Thai Airways guy stayed with me until the van arrived, then insisted on loading the bags into the van himself. He also declined a tip.

On a recent short-haul Asian flight, I booked Fast Track service because the flight arrived late afternoon, when the immigration lines can be brutal. The girl met me with a buggy, even though I hadn't ordered it. I assume it was a time-saving measure for her, as the arrival gate was about as far as possible from immigration control.

Another time when flying biz, there wasn't a gate open for a nose-in arrival and we had to use the air stairs, then board a bus to the terminal. The entrance we used was very close to the Premium immigration lane and an elderly couple who had booked a buggy were miffed to find the ride was only 50 meters.

Evil

:devil

When I was using the Thai Royal First ticket, they assigned me a Thai guy who drove like a typical Thai, prepared to run over pedestrians and honking his horn to get them out of the way.

When we got to the boarding area, the descending stairway to the main floor where the final check in occurred was full of waiting passengers. He just shoved them out of the way while I followed as he loudly proclaimed VIP VIP. A couple of huge Africans were forced to step to the side, and they gave me a couple of very dirty looks, and I was hoping they didn't catch me alone somewhere on the way.

It was sort of intimidating and quite rude on the part of the Thai employee, but I found it somewhat comical to be treated as someone "special". I had paid a grand total of (I think) $51 for the ticket, since it was using frequent flyer miles.

Due to the recent renovations at swampy near the EVA arrival gate meant that buggy service was unavailable on my last trip in May because it couldn't get between the areas that had been shut off (gate 11 I think), so I had to walk with the peasants from the "economy section"?? (not sure what that is) which was not nice because they had a peculiar odour and were poor.

Actually, the truth is, I was told that by a friend who works at the airport and gets me through the fastrack if I (well, Mrs Butch) sends her an email in time. Although I don't get the buggy, it is a godsend not to have to stand in line shuffling along every few seconds.

Edited by Butch

I have used it once before and it got through passport control fast I shall arrive at 14:30 with EVA from Amsterdam and will get the 16:00 bell bus so will definitely use it because if there are big lines I may not make the bus.

When I flew in First with Emirates I didn't get no buggy.

I could have done with one though, straight to the bathroom as I was stuffed with JW Blue label and Stilton!

I could have done with one though, straight to the bathroom as I was stuffed with JW Blue label and Stilton!

off topic from the buggy ride, but i gotta say Jacko:

Johnny Walker Blue is one of life's greatest pleasures.

:D

Looks like it's only Thai for the buggy, not an airline I ever use nowadays! So I'm assuming it is the same at Heathrow, only for BA 1st flights… another "boycotted" carrier!

This is going to be slightly TF'ing, never tried JW blue but I have had Glenmorangie 25 year old once. It was absolutely incredible and even though I'm not a lover of Whiskey , it was like nothing I've ever tasted before.

Also, I always bring my friend some Stilton on each trip, I usually get 1/2 kg from Waitrose but bloody hell, it needs some serious packing cos it bloody stinks. Tastes awesome though.

I have been having a look around the www and Bangkokflightservices offer a buggy and fastrack for 1600thb, sounds OK to me.

For departure it is 1600 for fastrack and lounge, again seems a decent deal.

• Upvote 1