Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just got back and oh how Pattaya has changed...or how the girls have changed, I should say. Never a time I could stroll down WS without getting my arms torn off by cute "Young" girls. Im a couple years into my 50's, no gut and can pass for late 40's easy. But that means very little on WS when there are 20 somethings fit guys willing to spend 5 thousand baht on a young hottie for LT. I had known for a long time Phuket was full of jaded girls but now Pattaya. I'm not saying it's no longer possible to find a willing 20 something but it not fish in a barrel either. LKM, Soi Honey etc are still fun but WS can really make a guy feel like he looks like George Burns. Im happy to report, with the exception of SOI COWBOY that BKK is still the same. Japanese own Soi Cowboy and every white skin 20 year old with hair color not black. Good for them.

Also had a chance to look see a condo in Jomtien area. Very nice ocean view. I don't remember streets as I just saw a for sale and popped in. Don't think Ill buy as I plan to retire at 60 and I just assume pay the monthly as opposed to owning but not really owning. 16000 baht a month is very doable. Here in the States that would get me a cardboard box on the street near the San Diego sports arena lol.

OHHH when did LBs start believing they're real Ladies? Walked out one morning looking for breakfast at the Game and LB says, " My room or your room. Up to you". I said I'm getting something to eat. On the way back, same LB said, " Ok I go with you now?" I said I have a lady im my room already. LB replied, " OK FUCK YOU DON'T COME BACK". Really? Because I don't have a fancy for dick, I can't walk down the street LOL.

Edited by Al_Davis
  • Upvote 2

Pattaya is no longer the dirt cheap bargain it once was. It is still an incredible place to play, overall infrastructure good. Hotels remain the best bargain of mongering areas.

For those of us in the US, Central and South America make a lot of sense. Greatly reduced travel times. Minimal time change. Medellin, Columbia is the hot place right now. In the mountains, does not get too hot, minimal humidity. $30-40 will get you a very attractive babe. $70 gets an absolute stunner!

Edited by BigusDicus
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I think if I was in the US I wouldnt bother with the long, expensive haul to Thailand, particularly if you dont get a long vacation break. Like many others I have noticed a lot of changes in the last ten years or so, not all for the better.

Yes, I think if I was in the US I wouldnt bother with the long, expensive haul to Thailand, particularly if you dont get a long vacation break. Like many others I have noticed a lot of changes in the last ten years or so, not all for the better.

I'm in the US and I'm not so sure traveling to Central or South America would save you all that much time or money. One way or the other, you're wasting an entire day traveling, and the cost isn't all that different in either case. Of course, there's the time zone problem to contend with when traveling to Thailand. You're right about the length of the vacation break, though. People with only a week or two for vacation are screwed.

oh dear i knew i should have booked my holiday with saga and not took the advice of my friends after a night on the jack d and booked my 60th in pattaya to celebrate both my 60th and divorce coming through so if any one knows of any oap trips please feel free to get in touch ....555

Just got back and oh how Pattaya has changed...or how the girls have changed, I should say. Never a time I could stroll down WS without getting my arms torn off by cute "Young" girls. Im a couple years into my 50's, no gut and can pass for late 40's easy. But that means very little on WS when there are 20 somethings fit guys willing to spend 5 thousand baht on a young hottie for LT. I had known for a long time Phuket was full of jaded girls but now Pattaya. I'm not saying it's no longer possible to find a willing 20 something but it not fish in a barrel either. LKM, Soi Honey etc are still fun but WS can really make a guy feel like he looks like George Burns. Im happy to report, with the exception of SOI COWBOY that BKK is still the same. Japanese own Soi Cowboy and every white skin 20 year old with hair color not black. Good for them.

Also had a chance to look see a condo in Jomtien area. Very nice ocean view. I don't remember streets as I just saw a for sale and popped in. Don't think Ill buy as I plan to retire at 60 and I just assume pay the monthly as opposed to owning but not really owning. 16000 baht a month is very doable. Here in the States that would get me a cardboard box on the street near the San Diego sports arena lol.

OHHH when did LBs start believing they're real Ladies? Walked out one morning looking for breakfast at the Game and LB says, " My room or your room. Up to you". I said I'm getting something to eat. On the way back, same LB said, " Ok I go with you now?" I said I have a lady im my room already. LB replied, " OK FUCK YOU DON'T COME BACK". Really? Because I don't have a fancy for dick, I can't walk down the street LOL.

Even 20 year old farang guys with 6 packs and money in their pocket don't stand much of a chance against a 40 year old Korean in a GoGo bar when it comes to attention and the girls around him.

• Upvote 1

Interesting observation Pattaya is expensive but if your willing to buy LD's and sling around some baht your still a handsome man to any age girl in Pattaya.

Yep I wondered why studly pumped guys were wasting time in a brothel like Pattaya as you would think they could get laid anywhere but I think they like the attention and find allot of girls who will give it up for free.

To me the Thailand bars are fun and have more of a buzz of excitement than similar venues in other countries.

I will say that the top shelf hotties in Pattaya can be a bit stuck up and sometimes I move along to another bar as that attitude can fuck up the entire Bar chemistry regardless if it is just 1 or 2 girls.

I recommend Curacao as Campo Allergro is a boys town full of fat slappers from all over Central and South America but your still out $50-70 and if you find a girl in a Disco or Club you'll be lucky to get out for less than $100.

During a Curacao trip I met a Chica from Cartagena and we had a four year romance so I got familiar with Cartagena and surrounding area's and yeah there are some smoking hot girls looking for husbands so it's a great place to meet girls but I grew tired of it and was ready to return to Pattaya.

Beware because it is easy to get the Chicas in Columbia a tourist Visa so you can bring her over for a visit and believe me after a couple of years of that you'll be ready for your girl to be on the other side of the world.

If your looking for discount airfare to Columbia the layovers are brutal (6-8 hours in Miami) I always paid the $1,000 and flew American non stop DFW to Bogota and it took 5.5 hours which is the same price of a KAL ticket from DFW to BKK.

Since i'm semi retired and do not have to worry about hustling back home to go to work Pattaya is back on my radar and I love the freelance action in Bangkok and Pattaya. Getting a girl to fuck in Pattaya is easier and guicker than finding a Big Mac.

Even 20 year old farang guys with 6 packs and money in their pocket don't stand much of a chance against a 40 year old Korean in a GoGo bar when it comes to attention and the girls around him.

Perhaps that is the case in one or two GGBs where the clientelle are Korean and a reputation has developed that The Western guy is unlikely to be generous. I don't need a pack of scrounging girls around me, but am certainly capable of getting the odd one for company. I am neither Korean, 20 yo, and the six-pack is likely sloshing around. Buy them drinks and they will come, if you seem to be ignored someplace, move on. I see them swarm the odd Oriental in a feeeding frenzy, but it doesn't seem to last.

Pattaya is no longer the dirt cheap bargain it once was. It is still an incredible place to play, overall infrastructure good. Hotels remain the best bargain of mongering areas.

For those of us in the US, Central and South America make a lot of sense. Greatly reduced travel times. Minimal time change. Medellin, Columbia is the hot place right now. In the mountains, does not get too hot, minimal humidity. $30-40 will get you a very attractive babe. $70 gets an absolute stunner!

Do you have any recent first hand experience in Medellin that you can share?

In 20 years, they'll be talking just like we are today: "Remember 2018? Those were the best of times!"

Thank Buddha for a common sense reply.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi,

London women are ruthless, but I still find some non P2P ladies to attend to even though they are a lot younger than me. Some women like older guys, and thats true in LOS as anywhere else. Dont have a negative attitude.

I was 50 when I first landed in BKK ........I'm very glad I wasn't younger. I went crazy enough as it was. I'm very weak where temptation's involved.

I get what the OP is saying......but a young guy coming here could easily formulate a very skewed creed that would be hard to ever recover from.

Edited by atlas2

I haven't been in Thailand in about seven years, so it'll be interesting to see what I think after that interval. My guess is that it hasn't changed all that much. Bars have come and gone, no doubt, and there are new hotels and condos everywhere, but I can't imagine it's all that different.

As for the girls, we'll see. I always found the girls in Pattaya to be every bit as mercenary as the girls in Bangkok. maybe more so. And I spent the least amount of money in Phuket, for some reason. The only thing that was more expensive there was the transportation.