Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

On 5/14/2023 at 1:17 PM, jacko said:

Today is a no alcohol until 6pm day, due to elections. So a good day to get a small job done on a bar. But is it a quick modification, a full upgrade, or a repurpose at King's Club?

20230514_102127.jpg

20230514_102109.jpg

I was at King's Club for the b'day party last night. Great time as usual. Asked about the work being done and was told it will be a new privacy alcove like the one to the right as you enter the club.

• Thanks 3
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

They're putting in beach showers across from Soi 5.
P5210001.jpg

P5210002.jpg

Didn't know they had beach games going on this weekend. They picked one of the hottest weekends of the year to host the games. I pity the competitors.
P5210007.jpg

P5210008.jpg

The beach footpath destruction extends to Hard Rock.
P5210005.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 3

Gave my ankle a twist today on the famous pavements...put me in a bad mood. This place doesn't deserve tourists. It's mostly decrepit. 

They may have liberalized the access to weed with all the shops and cafes.. but the shops themselves are not so liberal. More rules than a primary schoolyard. 

20230528_094732.jpg

Edited by jacko
  • Haha 1
On 5/25/2023 at 11:54 AM, forcebwithu said:

Across from Nirun work is slowly progressing on what looks to be some type of market.
P5250001.jpg

P5250005.jpg

P5250007.jpg

Where's the tumble weed?

Don't know how long they've been in place, but first time I noticed the rubbish bins on the north end of the beach footpath.
P6010001.jpg

Hope there are no breaks in the electric wire insulation. If they get any lower someone is going to get clotheslined if not paying attention while walking.
P6010002.jpg

Wonder if they'll finish the new showers before the next cycle of ripping up the footpath begins.
P6010005.jpg

Surprised they're using the blue pvc pipe instead of the much more durable black pipe you see used in high stress environments.
P6010007.jpg

P6010009.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Surprised they're using the blue pvc pipe instead of the much more durable black pipe you see used in high stress environments.

They will be ripping it up in the near future so better to use the cheap stuff. 

It never ceases to amaze me what I stumble across in this city. Met some friends at a Thai restaurant round near the Land office tucked up on the small Soi’s. The restaurant is full of all sorts of stuff pretty amazing god knows where they got it all from. The food wasn’t bad either but a bit slow because it’s busy.

IMG_2473.jpeg

IMG_2472.jpeg

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The squirrel roasters will soon be a thing of the past.

Is the plan to move any transformers? They cant' go underground! All that has been relocated is utility voltage ie 220vAC..... and as I said elsewhere, they weren't the main component of the tangles, that was coms cables, TV, Internet, old telephone. Have they buried the HV side or are they still up there at the top, looks like they are?

55 minutes ago, jacko said:

Is the plan to move any transformers? They cant' go underground! All that has been relocated is utility voltage ie 220vAC..... and as I said elsewhere, they weren't the main component of the tangles, that was coms cables, TV, Internet, old telephone. Have they buried the HV side or are they still up there at the top, looks like they are?

The high voltage electric was buried. The news article mentioned the electric poles will be removed next month.

Zooming in on one of the pics you can see the overhead HV lines are no longer active as the breakers are pulled and the feeds to where a transformer once sat are cut.

P6140017.JPG

The beige colored boxes are new, so I expect they'll still be there after the transformer above is removed.
P6140012.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
On 5/28/2023 at 7:01 AM, jacko said:

Gave my ankle a twist today on the famous pavements...put me in a bad mood. This place doesn't deserve tourists. It's mostly decrepit. 

They may have liberalized the access to weed with all the shops and cafes.. but the shops themselves are not so liberal. More rules than a primary schoolyard. 

20230528_094732.jpg

So has the dreaded weed  been at last removed from the naughty list in Pattaya ?.

12 hours ago, sinbinjack said:

So has the dreaded weed  been at last removed from the naughty list in Pattaya ?.

Well yes, I believe so. And we have a lot of cannabis cafes all over town. I believe a lot of rules still about selling it are still in force. Not something I use so can't really be informative.... like many things here, the situation is 'confused'.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, sinbinjack said:

I am currently back in the USA.  I spent Jan-March in Pattaya and at that time buying weed was the same as buying a bottle of beer in the stores.  No issues.  BUT in theory and it seems practice it isn't legal to smoke it in a bar or public.  I never saw people smoking it in public.

• Upvote 1

2nd Rd end of Soi 15 is passable only for those on two wheels or two feet.
P6170007.jpg

P6170009.jpg

P6170011.jpg

Hope this excavator operator is better than the last and stays clear of the utility lines.
P6170013.jpg

Building construction next to the Amethyst Hotel.
P6170015.jpg

P6170016.jpg

• Like 1