Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

A few pics of other buildings in the area around Penthouse.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

Thought about making a "Guess Where Was I?" post with this pic, but then figured for many BM's it'd be too easy. :D
DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

Be careful out there... after a bit of a hiatus, they are back at work. Apparently picking on the tourists on 3rd Rd.

20230709_103545.jpg

There was an even bigger effort a little to the South, catching the miscreants heading North in front of the old Excite area. They even had a couple of officers hanging around on soi Pothole.. to catch those taking a sudden detour. One of them the fattest cop I ever did see.

Talking  of Soi Pothole... many a 'Health Massage' sign slightly obscured by Bar signs... looks like a 1980's memory of Walking St.

20230709_104208.jpg

20230709_104055.jpg

Edited by jacko
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The cops will be on 3rd road near Excite site most Tuesdays and Fridays, Buakaow market days. Usually between 10a and 12.30p or so

Edited by biggles
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
20 hours ago, biggles said:

The cops will be on 3rd road near Excite site most Tuesdays and Fridays, Buakaow market days. Usually between 10a and 12.30p or so

Well this was a Sunday morning at about 11am..... I remember being further North heading South thinking how many Thais could ride around there without their helmets.... then saw Police at the bottom of soi Excite and with just Western 'customers'.....

Numerous signs that extended over WS have been removed. WS entrance from this morning.
P7160004.jpg

By chance I took this picture from the same spot one year ago.
P7160004.1.jpg

Unfortunately the Le Pub sign was a casualty of the clean up.
P7160007.jpg

And a thank you to @misteregg for his recent video that clued me into the sign removal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nice video. something else pointed out to me by some returning mates is now tour busses can drive thru

no more pesky flags. 🚩

1 hour ago, aj said:

nice video. something else pointed out to me by some returning mates is now tour busses can drive thru

no more pesky flags. 🚩

I hope you are wrong! 

8 hours ago, aj said:

no more pesky flags. 🚩

Even in the late evenings?

Good point and now I see the reasoning!

Edited by jacko

I just read that the Bua Khao end of Soi 15 has been properly dug up now. Perhaps @forcebwithu you can get us some pics and let us know if bike passable... I might take a look Sunday.

55 minutes ago, jacko said:

I just read that the Bua Khao end of Soi 15 has been properly dug up now. Perhaps @forcebwithu you can get us some pics and let us know if bike passable... I might take a look Sunday.

No time today as I'll be heading out shortly for a hash run in the jungle. Perhaps now that @blue_flag is back in Pattaya he can amble by Soi 15 and take a few pics.

2 hours ago, jacko said:

I managed to walk down there this morning and I'm not exaggerating to say that it was dangerous. You could possibly carry your bike through the difficult bits.

The worst point for me was where the back hoe completely blocked off the road and you had to time your "run" passed with the operator not checking as the cab was spinning round and there were no "spotters". A very good possibility you'll get crushed!

I arrived at the Post Office at 09:30 to give some sort of indication of the time.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

No time today as I'll be heading out shortly for a hash run in the jungle. Perhaps now that @blue_flag is back in Pattaya he can amble by Soi 15 and take a few pics.

Certainly tomorrow.  Only just picked this one up.

Pics from yesterday's hash run. To say it was a wet trail would be an understatement. So when the heavy rains came it didn't do much to dampen our spirits. Of course, Eskys full of beer helped too. 👣:default_cheers:

P7220021.jpg

P7220023.jpg

P7220025.jpg

P7220049.jpg

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Pics from yesterday's hash run. To say it was a wet trail would be an understatement. So when the heavy rains came it didn't do much to dampen our spirits. Of course, Eskys full of beer helped too. 👣:default_cheers:

P7220021.jpg

P7220023.jpg

P7220025.jpg

P7220049.jpg

Fuck me mate, there are portions of that Hash route not dissimilar to my jungle training back in '75 !!

I noticed a couple of you chaps in Traveller's Rest Friday night.. Absolutely brilliant band.. somewhere to take the missus !!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

Fuck me mate, there are portions of that Hash route not dissimilar to my jungle training back in '75 !!

I noticed a couple of you chaps in Traveller's Rest Friday night.. Absolutely brilliant band.. somewhere to take the missus !!!

Never in my wildest imagination of where I would end up during my retirement years did I imagine I'd be having fun slogging through the jungles of SEA. But here I am and mostly enjoying every minute of my retirement here.

• Upvote 2