Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Friend of mine has booked us in , none of us been to this hotel before - he saw it on a blog -pool area looks nice I know the location as I ate in the Devonshire on a previous trip , is it guest friendly etc ?

Any more useful info etc would be welcome - Cheers 

I've got a pal who loves it. Would not stay anywhere else and you do not have to pay to take birds back.

And it's just round the corner from where all the action is in LKM.

19 hours ago, capdagde said:

TG yelling and door slamming on my stay a few years ago.

Was Teelack there at the time?

Edited by jacko
sp
  • Haha 1

I have not stayed here myself, but have looked at the hotel. Apart from the location, I could not find anything to recommend it. There are better hotels, abeit slightly more expensive, in this area.

Reviews on Trip Advisor (always read with caution) are not that positive.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Blackwell said:

I have not stayed here myself, but have looked at the hotel. Apart from the location, I could not find anything to recommend it. There are better hotels, abeit slightly more expensive, in this area.

I would say what he says with the on exception and that is that it is a great location for a holiday but other than that...

5 hours ago, Blackwell said:

People often give negative reviews on the internet. So as you say it's indeed wise to read with caution.

If someone gets satisfaction with a purchase that's the end of it. If they do not they are more inclined to mention it. And then some folk are never happy unless they're complaining and the internet is the perfect vehicle for such an indulgence.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

People often give negative reviews on the internet. So as you say it's indeed wise to read with caution.

If someone gets satisfaction with a purchase that's the end of it. If they do not they are more inclined to mention it. And then some folk are never happy unless they're complaining and the internet is the perfect vehicle for such an indulgence.

If I make a booking via Agoda or Expedia they solicit my review, even Google seems to follow me around asking for them. I give good review and bad too. Certainly true someone with an axe to grind is more likely to do it!

49 minutes ago, accyboy said:

J&P sounds interesting, are you speaking from experience?The noisey floors at Opey  May well put me off as I’m not always out late at nights ?

It's likely that all hotels have tiled floors that will all be equally noisy unless you stay in a really expensive which may possibly be carpeted but even the swankiest hotels are more likely to be tiled.

Noise levels can only be determined by the guests who will be there at the same time as yourself. There might be screaming kids and noisy punters and their girls there at the time and there might be none, luck of the draw

I dunno if JP has a pool but ODP definitely does.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I agree with yogi100. This is true with the addition that, if somebody is in full-time work, they may be too busy to give a good review, but will certainly make time to give a bad review to a place that made their precious holiday time less than perfect.

Soi Lengkee is a great base for a holiday.  Great food options, a short walk to the (now) too loud LK Metro, both-ways baht bus links on Soi Buakhao, with the wibbly-wobbly-Billy-Connolly-return-from-Walking-Street walk the length of Soi Diana at some ungodly hour (motorbike taxi from Cherry Bar to Retox Lengkee avoids this - true). La Poste, ahhh, La Poste......

BUT, a room facing the street is noisy, a back room probably faces a wall, so choosing Opey de Place (back room facing pool* - which I didn't have), is a GOOD option.     

*As I remember, the pool-facing rooms are accessed by an open-to-the-air gangway = no ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO

Edited by capdagde
On 2/6/2019 at 7:24 AM, accyboy said:

J&P sounds interesting, are you speaking from experience?The noisey floors at Opey  May well put me off as I’m not always out late at nights ?

On 2/6/2019 at 8:26 AM, yogi100 said:

It's likely that all hotels have tiled floors that will all be equally noisy unless you stay in a really expensive which may possibly be carpeted but even the swankiest hotels are more likely to be tiled.

Noise levels can only be determined by the guests who will be there at the same time as yourself. There might be screaming kids and noisy punters and their girls there at the time and there might be none, luck of the draw

I dunno if JP has a pool but ODP definitely does.

They are extremely similar hotels with a swimming pool in the same place. Wouldn't be surprised if the same architect was involved or someone stole the plans from whichever was built first.

Might be four or five years since I stayed in either but thought at the time that J&P was slightly better maintained.

As for noise I can't remember suffering at either place but as said a lot depends on the current people staying.

• 1 month later...

for what its worth bud, met 2 guys last week in Gambia that had been staying there in january. they said no problems. hope that helps 

• 4 weeks later...