Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

If you've cancelled this year, what plans do you have for next?.

Danger , where in the US?   I am in cold Annapolis    Here April and March can be a bit hot.  Dont fear coming in summer if things open. Few tourists and yes a tad hot and the rain lasts for a short period each day.

1 hour ago, DangerRuss said:

...normally I don’t come during the hotter months, but it seems that by the time vaccine makes it’s rounds and thai govt eases the quarantine/# of days, it may be summer.  Plans are to come back to LOS as soon that happens, so assuming/hopefully sometime during summer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The International Date Line is what sponsors use in their home country to phone their thai girlfriend up on isn't it ???

I had a couple of trips to LoS in the second half of 2019, so not missing it as badly as some seem to be. In fact, I've enjoyed the last few months of 'lockdown' in the UK, as it has allowed me time a

I suppose the existence of  Eastern and Western Hemispheres has been overlooked. ?

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

I know one thing I'm never staying in this shithole UK again at Christmas. Anywhere but here.

I'm whiter than a snowman I look postively ill compared to normal lol

Indeed , first time ive had Xmas day in uk for around 10year be it Thai or Goa Or last year was Portugal !

Do t think I shall see a return to Thailand through this and other  plans untill 2022 

36 minutes ago, accyboy said:

Indeed , first time ive had Xmas day in uk for around 10year be it Thai or Goa Or last year was Portugal !

Do t think I shall see a return to Thailand through this and other  plans untill 2022 

Don't hold your breath! So far there is the UK variant,the south African variant and a Nigerian one.I am hoping for February 2022 but there is no planning involved.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I know one thing I'm never staying in this shithole UK again at Christmas. Anywhere but here.

I'm whiter than a snowman I look postively ill compared to normal lol

Agreed, I think a lot of Brits will be leaving at the first opportunity, never to return.  You don't want to be in any sort of lockdown during a British winter. 

I'd already advertised a lot of stuff for sale on gumtree, but the three week lockdown has put the blockers on that. 

21 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Danger , where in the US?   I am in cold Annapolis    Here April and March can be a bit hot.  Dont fear coming in summer if things open. Few tourists and yes a tad hot and the rain lasts for a short period each day.

...waiting out my days here in Seattle, lol. I’m ready and waiting as many others are too.  I’m in the “group of people” waiting to return to LOS, when required quarantine days are eliminated or drastically reduced. I prefer not to go through the 14 day quarantine requirements/all the other hoops.  
...now, it’s hard to figure out, but a few people think that sometime in summer will probably be the time tourists will be allowed to return...so if that is the case, I’ll return then.  I’d rather come earlier/next summer than have to wait till the end of the year/next high season, hopefully.   

35 minutes ago, DangerRuss said:

...waiting out my days here in Seattle, lol. I’m ready and waiting as many others are too.  I’m in the “group of people” waiting to return to LOS, when required quarantine days are eliminated or drastically reduced. I prefer not to go through the 14 day quarantine requirements/all the other hoops.  
...now, it’s hard to figure out, but a few people think that sometime in summer will probably be the time tourists will be allowed to return...so if that is the case, I’ll return then.  I’d rather come earlier/next summer than have to wait till the end of the year/next high season, hopefully.   

Worked with a Lawyer turned RN from Seattle. He made a small stakes bet that Seattle had less rain per year than Baltimore. I of course took the bet and of course lost.    Give a yell when you make it back.

7 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Seattle had less rain per year than Baltimore. I of course took the bet and of course lost. 

I grew up in Seattle and it would rain 24/7 for a week and the total would be way less than an inch of rain. It would be just a constant drizzle and overcast.

Very depressing...

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...
On 12/27/2020 at 8:06 AM, MrMango said:

I grew up in Seattle and it would rain 24/7 for a week and the total would be way less than an inch of rain. It would be just a constant drizzle and overcast.

Very depressing...

I am down on the Columbia river and winters here are similar in the sense that it is day after day after day of light rain...very few deluges. I expected heavier rain before I moved up here. The heaviest rains I have experienced here in two plus years are summer thunderstorms. There were even a couple of small tornados my first summer. Beats arid California.