Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

London Bangkok Nov 1st 2021

On the basis there "may" be a possibility of flying into Thailand later in the year I did a search on Travel Trolley my preferred agent and was pleasantly surprised not to see obvious price gouging

Course whether the flight actually goes is another matter but worth viewing the prices. Nov 1st outbound and inbound 30th November....random dates selected. Missed out the cheapest Gulf Air at £390 as long inbound sectors albeit that Singapore selection does as well....rest are standard transits etc

Thai and BA no fares but Eva was £657.....only about 20% of what you normally expect to be listed was there albeit no surprise

I was expecting much higher prices....

Screenshot_2021-02-13 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Screenshot_2021-02-13 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result(1).png

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderator post.   Guys, we're moving right off topic here. this is a thread in the 'airline discussion' forum - can we keep it on track please?   thanks 

I checked for around 15dec to 15 January,but the prices were were starting at around €1500,I only want to fly direct.Add on the peak season prices for accomodation and stuff in general.But you know it

Off on a tangent but it gave me some hope. I should have my shots by May /June. No rush really as there are no flights out. It was however announced over the weekend that the Australian government wer

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

On the basis there "may" be a possibility of flying into Thailand later in the year I did a search on Travel Trolley my preferred agent and was pleasantly surprised not to see obvious price gouging

Course whether the flight actually goes is another matter but worth viewing the prices. Nov 1st outbound and inbound 30th November....random dates selected. Missed out the cheapest Gulf Air at £390 as long inbound sectors albeit that Singapore selection does as well....rest are standard transits etc

Thai and BA no fares but Eva was £657.....only about 20% of what you normally expect to be listed was there albeit no surprise

I was expecting much higher prices....

Screenshot_2021-02-13 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

Screenshot_2021-02-13 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result(1).png

Thanks Mate! I've sent the details to my sons ..

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Broughton said:

Just a note of caution with Travel Trolley read their small print in case of airline cancellation basically they have no liability. Voice of experience. 

Enormous experience with TT and by far the best agent have ever dealt with. Went out of their way twice to help me (and did) ....Never once have I had an eticket not issued within an hour and never once any price change bullshit

No idea how many I've had from them must be 20 plus return tickets maybe more

If airlines cancel a flight its up to the airline to hotel you or re route you not the agent itself. Some say you'll get more assistance if you book direct with an airline via own website no experience on that point though

Enormous experience with TT and by far the best agent have ever dealt with. Went out of their way twice to help me (and did) ....Never once have I had an eticket not issued within an hour and never once any price change bullshit
No idea how many I've had from them must be 20 plus return tickets maybe more
If airlines cancel a flight its up to the airline to hotel you or re route you not the agent itself. Some say you'll get more assistance if you book direct with an airline via own website no experience on that point though

As an airline person told me, "When you deal direct with the airline you become your own travel agent". It might work out OK but it can also cause a lot of heartache!

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, teelack said:

As an airline person told me, "When you deal direct with the airline you become your own travel agent". It might work out OK but it can also cause a lot of heartache!

Just not my experience with agents. Notwithstanding that invariably they're cheaper.

I told my experience of getting offloaded in 2015 here on PT before on Oman when I went to check in 24 hours before wheels up and pop up box came up please call this Bangkok number when inputting booking reference.

As it was an early morning flight the next day I waited an hour before a travel agent opened near Arcadia Mansion and got them to ring the number instead, In short Oman had received an activation of a group of 43 people who were on open full fare tickets. In short Oman offloaded 43 single travellers. They offered me (via this local travel agent)  Sri Lanka but no talk of compo.

I told them I would call them back later. I rang Travel Trolley back in London later that day about 4pm Thai time so 9am back in London. Told them the story and told them to put a rocket up Omans arse and call me back on my Thai number.....65 minutes later they did exactly that all reinstated sir and apologies for the inconvenience

The other time with TT I had to (or wanted to cant remember which)  to change the outbound date on a non refundable/changeable ticket. Often you can change inbound for a fee but rarely outbound.

Guy at TT said thats one non changeable (which I knew) but he said leave it with me. Rang me back the next day and said they could change it for £180 plus £24 fare difference. On the basis I had written the complete ticket off it was a right result

I like TT....

Edited by Rawhide2
1 hour ago, Rawhide2 said:

Just not my experience with agents. Notwithstanding that invariably they're cheaper.

I told my experience of getting offloaded in 2015 here on PT before on Oman when I went to check in 24 hours before wheels up and pop up box came up please call this Bangkok number when inputting booking reference.

As it was an early morning flight the next day I waited an hour before a travel agent opened near Arcadia Mansion and got them to ring the number instead, In short Oman had received an activation of a group of 43 people who were on open full fare tickets. In short Oman offloaded 43 single travellers. They offered me (via this local travel agent)  Sri Lanka but no talk of compo.

I told them I would call them back later. I rang Travel Trolley back in London later that day about 4pm Thai time so 9am back in London. Told them the story and told them to put a rocket up Omans arse and call me back on my Thai number.....65 minutes later they did exactly that all reinstated sir and apologies for the inconvenience

The other time with TT I had to (or wanted to cant remember which)  to change the outbound date on a non refundable/changeable ticket. Often you can change inbound for a fee but rarely outbound.

Guy at TT said thats one non changeable (which I knew) but he said leave it with me. Rang me back the next day and said they could change it for £180 plus £24 fare difference. On the basis I had written the complete ticket off it was a right result

I like TT....

I dont think that you quite understand what I wrote. I was actually agreeing with you that a good travel agent is indeed worth having whereas doing it all on your own puts you personally in the position as an untrained and unconnected travel agent. 

• Upvote 1

Some off topic and replies removed.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Sometime I just shake my head when I read about perceptions regarding airlines and travel agencies. But I guess 32 years dealing with passengers at a major US airline gives me a different perspective, even though I left 15 years ago. I was about to post about how we handle passengers during an irregular operation/IROP but I didn't want to get into a discussion about policies and the 1 off or 2 off experiences here because they differ between carriers and of course, agencies. But I will continue to follow this thread until it reaches a point when perception is passed on as gospel and then I'll jump in.  

Just share and elaborate on my recent experiences both related to flights during the Covid time.

1) Booking with TT requested refund and after numerous emails and promises to contact back in 2 or 3 weeks without any conclusion or sign of a refund I resorted to claim back through my CC consequence money back on card 7 days later. This TT disputed with the CC. That’s my one and only TT experience, maybe in other circumstances they do ok. Never tge less not my problem (yet) CC need to sort it one way or another. Strangely my lad was booked on same flight he reclaimed through his CC and no dispute so far.

2) Flight booked with KLM actually was last year then rebooked to June this year. Recently last week they changed this flight time. I took the chance to request a refund because June isn’t going to work anyway and consequently refunded 7 days later.

That’s my actual real experience and regarding TT my only comment about them was read the small print which most of us don’t but in these times it makes a lot of sense just to double check.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:15 AM, 4wheels said:

Sometime I just shake my head when I read about perceptions regarding airlines and travel agencies. But I guess 32 years dealing with passengers at a major US airline gives me a different perspective, even though I left 15 years ago. I was about to post about how we handle passengers during an irregular operation/IROP but I didn't want to get into a discussion about policies and the 1 off or 2 off experiences here because they differ between carriers and of course, agencies. But I will continue to follow this thread until it reaches a point when perception is passed on as gospel and then I'll jump in.  

I'll be waiting for your input. A major problem with forums, are people claiming to be experts posting incorrect and misleading information. In these times, knowing how to handle delays and cancellations effectively is very useful information to the uninformed.

• Like 1
On 2/18/2021 at 5:15 AM, 4wheels said:

Jump in now fella you're clearly wanting to......

I can only reiterate that I've never from memory had any real issue with any agency ever. I remember in 1996 waiting in T2 Heathrow for a ticket to arrive with just 2 hours to lift off but it came as they promised by courier.

I can only recall booking direct with the airline 2-3 times from memory which leaves well over 150 with agents

Edited by Rawhide2

Gave up on agencies probably 15+ years ago.  I can only cite one bad experience with an agency, sent a ticket to an old address and that was probably my own fault.  Flying from the northwestern US, there are only a few options and I find it easier to check the airline sites.

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid Travel Trolley like the plague. All OK if things go through OK but if there are any restrictions they are hell. I waited 7 months to get my fare returned and had to involve the credit card company

• Like 1

Off on a tangent but it gave me some hope. I should have my shots by May /June. No rush really as there are no flights out. It was however announced over the weekend that the Australian government were planning to open air travel to Singapore. For both Australians and Kiwis this could be the gateway to Thailand even if in my case I would have 2 flight changes. This all gives me hope that late 2021 might just be on the cards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 3/13/2021 at 7:05 PM, rascall said:

Avoid Travel Trolley like the plague. All OK if things go through OK but if there are any restrictions they are hell. I waited 7 months to get my fare returned and had to involve the credit card company

........and yet my experience is the complete and utter opposite

Best agent I've ever dealt with and as earlier mentioned went way beyond the call of duty on two issues I had unrelated to themselves

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just thought I'd re run that original search with same dates......clearly prices still competative and these are the top 3. Short connections still....

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 10-15-39 Travel Trolley Flight - Search Result.png

This time last year I booked my days off work, believing I’d get to Thailand, with no quarantine etc………. That holiday never happened and personally I’m no more hopeful this year, in fact I think it’s more likely Thailand will deteriorate and we’ll be quarantined on return to UK

I had a browse today for Boxing Dayvquite a lot around. It’s not for me but my son and family. I thought quite reasonable I didn’t go through the booking but I suppose once Luggage is added it’ll be £800.

F56A41DF-26C8-4E7F-A3AA-CFB1226B7283.jpeg

B0368512-C9F8-4E66-A770-2AF37A6CE354.jpeg

London (LHR) to Bangkok (BKK) Flights | Thai Airways

London (LHR) - Bangkok (BKK) Flight Deals* LHR-BKK. London (LHR) to Bangkok (BKK) 05/09/2021-25/09/2021. GBP 573 Round trip | Economy. Book Now. LHR-BKK. London (LHR) to Bangkok (BKK) 15/09/2021-26/09/2021. GBP 573 Round trip | Economy. Book Now. LHR-BKK. London (LHR) to Bangkok (BKK) 22/08/2021-12/09/2021. GBP 623 Round trip | Economy. Book Now . LHR-BKK. London (LHR) to Bangkok (BKK) 29/08 ..

A word of caution for anyone thinking of travelling to Thailand from the UK.

With a very large percentage of the adult population now fully vaccinated, the policy of the UK government seems to be that they are not going to be concerned about the number of people who have Covid-19, only about the number who are hospitalised or die. So, with many restrictions already lifted, with more to come on the 19th, an ever larger proportion of the population will be infected with Covid-19. 

Furthermore, the symptoms (if any) of having Covid-19 after being doubly vaccinated are very similar to having a common cold - e.g. no longer is it usual to have a fever.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/new-top-5-covid-symptoms#part_1

So we now have the situation that there is quite a good chance that any one of us could have Covid-19 and not suspect it. Suppose we set about travelling to Thailand. There is a much increased risk that we will fail one of the several Covid-19 tests that the Thais will require of us, and then have to suffer the consequences of that.

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, Bazle said:

So we now have the situation that there is quite a good chance that any one of us could have Covid-19 and not suspect it. Suppose we set about travelling to Thailand. There is a much increased risk that we will fail one of the several Covid-19 tests that the Thais will require of us, and then have to suffer the consequences of that.

I wouldnt worry about that, the way the new variants are appearing I doubt Thailand will open to anyone untill at least next year (if then)

I have been double jabbed and I will be happier when I have the booster in the Autumn.

November 9th ish is when I would like to go to Thailand, fortunately I can leave it until late September early October before I decide if a trip is feasible.

If not then the alternatives will have to be considered.