Jump to content
Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

London Bangkok Nov 1st 2021


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I cant screenshot is so easily now Via Travel Trolley because they've changed their presentation style but I re ran London Bangkok but changed the dates to May 2022 for 1 month

3 cheapest in Singapore Turkish and Gulf all with standard connection are sub £400

Theres no real indication I can see that prices are rising

A KLM flight for specific dates in Jan/Feb has gone up €9 in 4 days.Theres some ok deals from Amsterdam at the moment but they all have restrictions and some are non refundable! It's buyer beware time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderator post.   Guys, we're moving right off topic here. this is a thread in the 'airline discussion' forum - can we keep it on track please?   thanks 

A word of caution for anyone thinking of travelling to Thailand from the UK. With a very large percentage of the adult population now fully vaccinated, the policy of the UK government seems to be

Just a note of caution with Travel Trolley read their small print in case of airline cancellation basically they have no liability. Voice of experience. 

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Theres no real indication I can see that prices are rising

I see people booking from elsewhere (UK and USA) and I got an impression of higher prices.. but certainly, what you cite are very good. An insult to climate change even!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jacko said:

I see people booking from elsewhere (UK and USA) and I got an impression of higher prices.. but certainly, what you cite are very good. An insult to climate change even!?

I genuinely dont think they will. They're desperate for customers and why would they alienate long standing passengers many who will hold FF status by jacking up fares

Same for some thinking booze and bar fines prices will rise in Pattaya. Competition will dictate otherwise

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

I genuinely dont think they will. They're desperate for customers and why would they alienate long standing passengers many who will hold FF status by jacking up fares

Same for some thinking booze and bar fines prices will rise in Pattaya. Competition will dictate otherwise

The algorithm's will dictate price.I'm still not convinced we will be traveling on mass this winter,happy to be wrong about that.Basic flights,no hold luggage or choose your own seat,are looking good but wether those flights actually take of or not is another story.personally I think prices in Pattaya will rise with demand if there are very few tourists/long term visitors prices will be stable but Thailand is not immune to global market forces especially fuel hikes.There will be some serious drinking if we do arrive on mass LK metro will be jumping,looking forward to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yselmike said:

The algorithm's will dictate price.I'm still not convinced we will be traveling on mass this winter,happy to be wrong about that.Basic flights,no hold luggage or choose your own seat,are looking good but wether those flights actually take of or not is another story.personally I think prices in Pattaya will rise with demand if there are very few tourists/long term visitors prices will be stable but Thailand is not immune to global market forces especially fuel hikes.There will be some serious drinking if we do arrive on mass LK metro will be jumping,looking forward to it.

I'm just watching Sky and GMB here in the UK and restrictions are clearly on there way back for Brits. Death toll and infections are catastrophic currently

Winter coming I can see another lockdown coming

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Same for some thinking booze and bar fines prices will rise in Pattaya. Competition will dictate otherwise

Well I will tell you now, I have seen a push for higher prices in Pattaya for services, but probably it is not general. After losing money for 2 years there will be a desire to recover some surely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rawhide2 said:

I'm just watching Sky and GMB here in the UK and restrictions are clearly on there way back for Brits. Death toll and infections are catastrophic currently

Winter coming I can see another lockdown coming

Please define "catastrophic".

While infections are up considerably, the number of deaths is nowhere near the pre-vaccination days. In addition hospital admissions are not showing a corresponding spike in numbers.

All in all the numbers appear to show the vaccine is doing its job and while there is a large increase in new infections, it appears they're mostly asymptomatic or with mild symptoms that don't require admission to the hospital. Hardly a catastrophic situation.

Of greater concern is what new variants might mutate out of the large rise in infections.

image.png

 

image.png

image.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58976577

Covid: Bring back rules amid rising cases, urge NHS chiefs

Some Covid restrictions must immediately be reintroduced if England is to avoid "stumbling into a winter crisis", health leaders have warned.

The NHS Confederation said ministers' "Plan B" back-up strategy, including mandatory face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces, should be implemented.

UK cases have been rising sharply but deaths are well below the winter peak. 

The government says it has "absolutely no plan" for further measures but is keeping a "very close eye" on the data.

Daily Covid cases have been above 40,000 for seven days in a row, with 43,738 new infections reported on Tuesday.

Another 223 deaths were recorded, the highest since March, although daily figures are often more on Tuesdays.

The government's Plan A for dealing with Covid in England this winter is currently in place - with booster jabs offered to about 30 million people, a single dose of a vaccine available for healthy 12 to 15-year-olds and people advised to wear face coverings in crowded places.

If these measures are not enough to prevent "unsustainable pressure" on the NHS, then steps like making face coverings mandatory in some settings, asking people to work from home and introducing vaccine passports could be considered as part of Plan B.

Matthew Taylor, head of the NHS Confederation, which represents health service organisations, is urging the government to roll out the extra measures in Plan B to avoid hospitals becoming overwhelmed.

"The NHS is preparing for what could be the most challenging winter on record," he said.

"It is time for the government to enact Plan B of its strategy without delay because without pre-emptive action, we risk stumbling into a winter crisis."

Ministers "should not wait for Covid infections to rocket and for NHS pressures to be sky high before the panic alarm is sounded", he added.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

All in all the numbers appear to show the vaccine is doing its job and while there is a large increase in new infections, it appears they're mostly asymptomatic or with mild symptoms that don't require admission to the hospital. Hardly a catastrophic situation.

The increases in infections are reflected mostly in school age children, along with the families of them... the vaccination levels are about 35% in the children group, as they did not start so long back in the UK... plus there is now a vaccine apathy. The rising deaths is apparently reflected in the elderly mostly 80+... they were first vaccinated early in the year and their resistance is waning.... booster vacs have been slow to take off, and again some apathy. 

Infection numbers, deaths and hospitalizations are all on the rise in the UK... getting vaccinations done is hopefully they way out, rather than winter restrictions. 

Edited by jacko
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator post.

 

Guys, we're moving right off topic here. this is a thread in the 'airline discussion' forum - can we keep it on track please?

 

thanks 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keyman said:

Moderator post.

 

Guys, we're moving right off topic here. this is a thread in the 'airline discussion' forum - can we keep it on track please?

 

thanks 

Moderator post! I love it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...