Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

20 hours ago, firth1974 said:

At least out of the UK it is. Even if you buy a non-refundable ticket they would have to refund your taxes paid!

Yeah, I bought it here. I looked around on their website, there was no option to claim a refund, and at that time they were queuing all the way down Beach Rd from their office. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well well well!   That was a surprise!  Ive been re- booked on a flight with Thai Airways ( economy "class K") for October this year............no charge! I was well chuffed! I mailed t

Also Emirates own the following Travel Companies in UK :- Travelbag Travel Republic  

Netflights are part of the Emirates Group !

6 hours ago, toordy said:

Does Thai Airways still fly the A380 ?

They are listed as being withdrawn from use and stored since 2020 and it's very unlikely they will ever return to service.

Going forward it looks like TG will only operate A350XWB and 777/787

I have booked Thai Airways for my flight in July from London. I have booked direct with the airline and used a CC for added protection.

I usually fly from Manchester with a ME airline, but at the moment there doest seem to be any decent flights from Manchester with any airline (except Qatar but I will never but myself through a stint on one of their B787-8 again).

I still am starting my journey from Manchester as I have booked BA to get to me to Heathrow. Under normal circumstances I would never book two separate tickets, but thought it would be easier to fly to Heathrow than rely on a train to Euston and then a trek across London and potentially missing the last train back. I have left myself 3 hours between flights.

3 hours ago, tombon said:

I have booked Thai Airways for my flight in July from London. I have booked direct with the airline and used a CC for added protection.

I usually fly from Manchester with a ME airline, but at the moment there doest seem to be any decent flights from Manchester with any airline (except Qatar but I will never but myself through a stint on one of their B787-8 again).

I still am starting my journey from Manchester as I have booked BA to get to me to Heathrow. Under normal circumstances I would never book two separate tickets, but thought it would be easier to fly to Heathrow than rely on a train to Euston and then a trek across London and potentially missing the last train back. I have left myself 3 hours between flights.

Well good luck.... I took transiting through LHR off the menu many years ago due to many stressful experiences. The shuttles between LHR and Manchester are late so often. The only acceptable way for me was a T5-T5 transfer......(ie BA, and they are awful). Sorry to hear the alternatives are not up and running, Etihad, Emirates, Oman etc. It is some years since I did it but my last one was Qatar in Biz Class, which was ok.

Edited by jacko
7 hours ago, jacko said:

Well good luck.... I took transiting through LHR off the menu many years ago due to many stressful experiences. The shuttles between LHR and Manchester are late so often. The only acceptable way for me was a T5-T5 transfer......(ie BA, and they are awful). Sorry to hear the alternatives are not up and running, Etihad, Emirates, Oman etc. It is some years since I did it but my last one was Qatar in Biz Class, which was ok.

I took the potential for the BA flight to be late so I booked the 7am flight. My connecting flight isn't until 12.30.

Back in the day when British Midland was under star alliance (later to be absorbed into BA and lose that status) it allowed a one ticket booking/ checked through baggage etc with a connecting Thai Airways out of LHR.

Even then it would have been a brave man who booked without allowing the potential of a scheduled 'safety' flight to LHR between the one booked and the Thai Airways departure from LHR. As the delays / cancellations of these domestic shuttles were pathetic.

With separate bookings and hauling luggage around LHR / re check-in, the risk is magnified.

All that said I'm surprised nothing suitable with middle east airlines (I'm doing MCR to Thailand with Etihad in a couple of days time)

Edited by Regyai

I don’t know if it’s possible but why don’t people transit out of Manchester to Paris or Amsterdam for me it always works well with KLM or Airfrance.  
i give up on Heathrow years ago even getting a hire car was a pain in the ass.

Edited by Broughton

Amsterdam is a good airport but I am surprised that you think Paris (airport) is much of an improvement over London (airport).

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

I did look into a combination of air france/Klm about a month ago the price was cheap. The only thing that put me off was the 23.59 return flight time with KLM. The price as since sky rocketed.

4 hours ago, Regyai said:

Back in the day when British Midland was under star alliance (later to be absorbed into BA and lose that status) it allowed a one ticket booking/ checked through baggage etc with a connecting Thai Airways out of LHR.

Even then it would have been a brave man who booked without allowing the potential of a scheduled 'safety' flight to LHR between the one booked and the Thai Airways departure from LHR. As the delays / cancellations of these domestic shuttles were pathetic.

With separate bookings and hauling luggage around LHR / re check-in, the risk is magnified.

All that said I'm surprised nothing suitable with middle east airlines (I'm doing MCR to Thailand with Etihad in a couple of days time)

I was surprised thai never had a code share with flybe when they was operating. They do have code share flights with luftansa, Swiss, Austrian, Brussels and SAS from MAN. But they always seems to expensive compared to MEA in normal times and the flight times.

17 hours ago, tombon said:

I took the potential for the BA flight to be late so I booked the 7am flight. My connecting flight isn't until 12.30.

They usually start off well and progressively get later as the day goes on, so should be good. My last one would have had me stranded in Manchester, it was so far behind schedule.... fortunately I had booked a room at a hotel by the airport for a relaxed train journey next morning. (After a real good English fry-up breakfast). 

Edited by jacko
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 3:53 AM, Rawhide2 said:

Still waiting for a refund from Thai airways  ??

Thai Airways is yet to process refunds to many customers for airfares dating back 2+ years

You wont like this lol

Credit to Stickman for highlighting the story

https://simpleflying.com/thai-airways-boeing-777-double-delivery/

"Funnily"! enough..after almost 2 years of un-answered e-mails to Thai Airways (about a cancelled flight for October 2020..which I booked in March 2020..and never had a refund for!) I finally got an e-mail saying, I could have a "credit" flight, to be used by the end of this year?

When I originally booked the flight, it only cost me about £400 ish, as I used some airmiles with it. Ive no idea how much I will get back? Will I get my "miles" back? Or will it be no fee? I did ask...but was told?! reply to this e-mail when booking? So god know what the "credit" will be.

Saying that, I used to love the A380, looks like they arent being used by Thai on the LHR route now. Im "hoping" to go back in October this year IF! the Thailand pass/ compulsory covid insurance/ etc are dropped. If so. I will drop Thai an e-mail.....I may well never fly with them again though!

First things first! Lets get entry to Thailand back to normal , no more nonsense!

Edited by marleyboy
spelling
1 hour ago, marleyboy said:

Saying that, I used to love the A380, looks like they arent being used by Thai on the LHR route now. 

Thai will be flying their brand new B777-300 on TG911 from Heathrow when it comes into service in the next month or 2.

Edited by tombon
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, tombon said:

Thai will be flying their brand new B777-300 on TG911 from Heathrow when it comes into service in the next month or 2.

I believe they have retained the 3-3-3 economy layout for the 3 new 777-300ER's.

I believe they have retained the 3-3-3 economy layout for the 3 new 777-300ER's.
If the alternative option is 3-4-3 then that sounds good

4 hours ago, TheFiend said:

I hope so, because I will be flying on it in July ?

Edited by tombon
8 hours ago, Odense said:

If the alternative option is 3-4-3 then that sounds good

While other airlines switched their 777's 3-4-3 to squeeze more passengers in Thai kept the 3-3-3 layout and it's nice to see the 3 new ones supplied in that configuration. I've flown on Thai  772, 773 and 77W's BKK-CNX-BKK

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 6:17 PM, tombon said:

Thanks for that,

Ive mailed them last week. as I have no clue as to whether, its just a " rebooking" (with no extra fee  as the fares have no doubt gone up!) or if it means a fee must be paid on top. They asked me for the dates I wanted,,, so I messaged them today, hopefully will get a reply pronto. IF ! its just a case of no extra money on top. I may well just book it..If I have to pay a lot more money though, I may just not bother!  Will update, with what they say.

23 hours ago, marleyboy said:

Thanks for that,

Ive mailed them last week. as I have no clue as to whether, its just a " rebooking" (with no extra fee  as the fares have no doubt gone up!) or if it means a fee must be paid on top. They asked me for the dates I wanted,,, so I messaged them today, hopefully will get a reply pronto. IF ! its just a case of no extra money on top. I may well just book it..If I have to pay a lot more money though, I may just not bother!  Will update, with what they say.

I am guessing you will have to pay the difference in fare.

16 minutes ago, tombon said:

I am guessing you will have to pay the difference in fare.

Thats exactly what Im thinking!!  Will wait and see.

Edit...Thinking about it, when I originally paid for it in March 2020, I paid using miles from my R.O.P. too? They've not gone back into my account, so may be able to use the miles again?!

Edited by marleyboy
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone who has flown recently on Thai Airways tell me what the difference is between economy and premium economy on the flight? Not bothered about extra baggage or other services, just what's on the flight.

And does anyone know which are for economy and which for premium economy - super saver, saver, flexi and fully flexi?

Thanks