Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Top 10 Pattaya Restaurants?

Hi,

I guess this is the place to start the mini michelin guide to culinary pattaya...

So let's start the thread:

What's you favortite resaturants in Pattaya and why?

Any high end places offering a truely amazing culinary experience (apart from eating Taco :rolleyes: )

I promise to throw in my two cents when I come back from LOS!

Thanks guys!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alchemy (although now closed was the best i've had in pattaya.

accha indian,

a small katouy thai place near my house (don,t know the name)

el toro

Bruno's is'nt bad

Casa Pascal, same

Lengkee is superb,

Mata Hari, nice. (better menu than Bruno's)

Marriott buffet is good value for money.

With the door 2 door service i've used - Art Cafe, Paradise, all good

For seafood up the far end of Jomtien.

Ali Baba & Raj- ok.

Lastly my wife's thai food is great so i mostly eat at home.

for heaven's sake mates, let him know where to find them,,,

Vientiane, 2nd Road, across from RGP - Royal Garden Plaza

Eesahn and traditional foods

Nahng Nooan, South Walking Street

seafood

Food Fair, Walking Street, near Nahng Nooan

seafood, Food Fair has a view onto the ocean from their restaurant

more seafood

Marine Seafood, right near Marine disco and hotel

East side of Walking Street, ask the BGs, they ALL know it

Blue Parrot , Pattayaland

TexMex

for breakfast buffet

Lek Hotel, 2nd Road, across fron Tim's Bar

for a show, Thai Traditional dancing

Thai House, North Pattaya Road

Indian

Ali Baba, Central Road, between 2nd and Beach

If you only have 10 days...

Bruno's (on the way to Jomtien...)

Mata Hari (2nd road soi 7)

Grill Room (Royal Cliff)(just the soups made by the table worth the trip out)

Au Bon Coin (Soi 5)

Dusit resort Saturday Buffet (North end of Beach road)

La Gritta (Italian at Beach road, Amari resort) (great steak)

Scandibar's Ribs on Sundays (Beach road soi 13)

And the Thai section...

Nang Nual (Walking street)

Somsak (soi 1)

Shell Tangkay (Naklua Soi 12, the pier)

Sugar Hut (bit more expensive Thai food, but great atmosphere)

The Sportsman (English Pub with good burgers and Sunday roast) (Soi 13)

New Orleans Restaurant (good BBQ ribs)

Steak Boa (good Thai food - good prices)

Pink Lady (good cheap menu)

Ventienne (awesome selection of foods from SE Asia and Western menu as well)

The Lobster Pot (a little down from previous trips, but still good seafood)

Ma Maison Hotel (haven't eaten there since Jan 2003, but it was good then)

The Parrot Bar (??) on Soi Pattayaland 2 (hearty Mexican food)

Also, Pizza from FLB (good lining food to start the night off) Oh yea, the calzone too. Not too sure where they get them from.

Swarma/kebob stand and the Denmark Burger stand (egg burger) across 2nd Rd from Soi 13 (both great end of the night drunk food)

Don't know the name of this place but its located on the right hand side of 3rd Rd as your heading to North Pattaya Rd just before you get to the driving range which is on the other side. This place is cheap (79 baht + drinks) and is a bar-b-que buffet. You sit down at a table and a guy brings a bucket of burning charcoal and places it in the middle of your table that has a cut out. You put some kind of gadget on top that allows you to cook the meat that you have picked out from the buffet line. You also pour some water into the moat of this thing and you cook your vegatables. I suggest you have TG's with you and let them do all the work. :D When I've been there the place has been busy with around 70 people dining but on both occassions there were only about 6 falangs eating.

big horn steakhouse ... excellent food,beats sizzler with it's shit service .....

Is the Long Horn right on Beach Rd. down near the lower Soi's (2-6)? Almost all wood construction with a patio? I think I ate there... pretty good...I think...

Damn I wish I had written all that stuff down. Now when I get back I'm going to have to figure it all out again. :D I had BG on the brain 24/7...

Why has no one metioned Kiss food drink :D :rolleyes:

Right time to be serious

Bobs bbq ribs is well good, stopped in there a week a go with my tg for the Wed night special "Rib dinner " super value at 139 baht (i fink ) and tasted real good

too.

Queen vic on sexy soi 6 does the best brekie IMHO in pattaya .

Fra Pattaya near walking street always has tasty thai food .

Pig whistle on soi 7 does a super Fish N chips .

Uncle charlies for steak ,tuesdays only but the best steak i have tasted in LOS

Papa joes on walking street for italian food pretty sure crunchie told me they provide the italian menu for FLB .

Best of all is the man on soi 8 who does the chicken Bar B Que -Yummy wonder if he does delivery .LOL

Regards

Matty

Gotta second the nomination of PIC Kitchen on Soi 4. I had one of the best meals of my life there, and spent less on it than I have for just an appetizer in Los Angeles. That's where I also discovered that a bite of fresh sliced cucumber provides instant relief from the heat of some of the spicier dishes.

My favorite restaurant in all of Pattaya is Nang Nual on Walking street, about a hundred yards past FLB. Great seafood, great prices, lots of it, etc. I just returned from 9 days and ate there on three nights.

Glad Fra Pattaya, on South Pattaya Rd about 50 yards from Beech Rd, has been mentioned as it is my favourite Thai Restaraunt. Rather basic seating and decor, no air con but great Thai food.

If you want something cheap and Western then I can recomend the steak at Tops Supermarket food court on the corner of 2nd Rd and Pattaya Klang(Central Rd). Steak with sauce, ajacket potato, side salad and garlic bread (OK a slice of toast with garlic butter) for just over 100 baht :eyecrazy

Hi Guys, where is Lengkee and what sort of food is it please?

Thanks,

SD.

Go up second rd, up to Tops and the police box at pattaya klang, Turn right and go down about 400m and its on the righthand side on a corner (just before soi bukow) spell check soi bukow. :eyecrazy

Great thai and chinese and its open very late.

thai food is like pussy

"no such thing as bad, just some better"

I like taking tg's to a place across second road (don't think it's third road) i forget the name, but hell at my age alot of times i forget i'm taking a piss and reel it in to soon and piss my pants (knickers for you funny talkers), anyway there is a big sign on second road for the resturant just down from RGPlaza across from one of the soi13's. i know, i know, i'm a lot of help, but this place has the "thai show" in the middle of the courtyard with the dancing and signing and thai dress, kinda fun and the foods good.

otherwise i just normally wait till the half-price sales begin on the bug carts 1luv

The Lengkee is great for Chinese roast duck.

I agree PIC Kitchen is great,if a little more expensive.

Pink Lady on Beach Rd between soi 7 and Pattayaklang is cheap and does good thai and farang food. It has seafood too,but the Walking St places are better.

The best seafood though is at Betong seafood,2nd rd between soi 7 and soi 8. Look for the pink sign in thai and chinese script. OK it doesn't have the views over the sea that Walking St has,nor has it dancing girls,but the food is bloody good and cheap- a meal for nine (self and 8 gannets,sorry bgs) cost 3000 baht including several large bottles of beer,crab,mussels,scallops,tom yam,khao pad,tom kha,steamed garoupa etc.

Tgs also love MK Suki in Big C. Again better in a larger group.

I'm not a lover of farang food,but Gregs Kitchen on 2nd Rd near soi 6 is good.

Queen Vic

Pig and Whistle

Vientiene

Nuang Nual

Boat Bakery

Spaghetti Factory

Shenannigans

There was a Japanese place that I went to with LDK and Partyhead, but I can't remember the name of it. Maybe one of those two gentlemen can chime in on this.

I'm amazed that people mentioned Ali Baba. I love Indian food, but that place served the worst lamb vindaloo I have ever eaten. The lamb was almost 100% bone with almost no edible meat.

RB --I believe the one you are talking about is ruan thai-across from soi 13--I also like m.k. restaurant in big c. I havent met a bg that didnt like the place either. But I mostly ate at the 3 rd floor of royal gardens. Now we will see after my next trip april 5 to may5. later Doorman