Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

OVER RATED RESTARAUNTS

There are many restaraunts that advertise on tv ,mags ,newspapers , baht buses etc that you think when you go will be really good ,but often turn out the opposite which ones would you not go back to again.

The most overated one for me is NEW ORLEANS i have been to it maybe 4 times and not liked it once but have given it another try as i thought it might of been a off day. I would go as far as to say the food there as terrible

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivorbigin,

Does it usually take 4 tries to figure out you don't like a place?

But I disagree. I like my ribs juicy and New Orleans has the juciest in town for my money. Have tried Bob's and The Great American Rib Place but New Orleans wins hands down.

Now for my money, Tony Roma's in the States has the absolute best baby back ribs I've ever eaten but I can't afford to fly to San Francisco every time I want to eat ribs. So I just have to make do with the ones at New Orleans,

BTW, went to Great American Rib place on Teppressit road last night with 5 others and we all agreed that the ribs were dry. Had the sampler though and the rest of the stuff was good to downright tasty. Especially liked the chicken, pulled pork and potato salad.

Cheers

you didn't like New Orleans restaurant , but went there 4 times ??

hmm, in Pattaya, over-rated, those burger stands that say "probably the best burger in Pattaya" or something like that

I've had a better burger out front of NEP at 8pm

almost any pizza maker in PAtts just plains sucks

I do like PAt's Pies

cum to think of it, I dont' eat much when in Pattaya, it's just beer and pussy that I am interested in, more so the pussy

marine seafood is always nice

vianjun rest. down the end of walking st. along with nahn nuan seafood are nice places to take a gal if you want a good meal and it's just the two of you

I wouldn't go there with 2 or 3 BGs in tow, instead I'd go marine seafood

Casa Pascal.

Mcdonalds

Burger King

not a restaurant but some food i've had in a new hotel was a bit overhyped.

Had new orleans & tequila reef from Door2door and was'nt that impressed, probably better eating in the restaurant.

Most walking st seafood restaurants. :bigsmile:

that first seafood rest. on Walk. St. sucks IMHO, but the ones at the far end are ok

tequila reef & blue parrot, I'd pass

Burger King in PAttaya is the shit man

open 24/7 and they even serve breakfast

the McDonald's up here are open early, but no breakfast menu

even the ones on the motorway to BKK from PAttaya open at 7am , but still no breakfast menu

i think tequila reef is terrible , slow service and the food rubbish, its supposed to be mexican food, nothing mexican about it , cant even supply guacamole.

to be honest, dont expect any of the restaurants in pattaya to serve up top nosh, some are pretty good but no top restaurants here unless you pay big money in the 5 star hotels.

not a restaurant but some food i've had in a new hotel was a bit overhyped.

I bet this place starts with S and ends with S with ecret in between :bigsmile: its gaining a reputation as being over priced.

the foot :bigsmile:

have you guys tried marine seafood ?

it's one the non-beach side of the road, back a little from Walk. St.

I find their pricing to be good

and you can choose your victim right there in the tanks

A long time La Piola (beside Tiffany) was one of the best italian restaurants in Pattaya even if it's always been rather expensive. This year the quality seems to be lower and lower and if I not hear somebody recommend it again the last visit there was the last visit. :bigsmile:

The revolving restaurent at the top of the Pattaya tower.

I only went there once, don't know if it is still open or even exists now, but when I went in '97 it was bloody aweful food.

NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

the revolving rest. at the top of Pattaya Park is still alive and kickin'

the food was ok, if you stuck with the Sushi and used lots of Wasabi

the point for being there was the view, but yeah, it wasn't really worth the cost of admission

got some great pix from up there, and also on the cable car ride down

The revolving restaurent at the top of the Pattaya tower.

Hi,

I've always meant to go there but have never got round to it. Shame if the food is poor as it seems a great place to look out over the bay.

wac,

go and see it, it's worth it I guess

you can just sit there and eat and eat, and watch Pattaya go round and round

I must be in the real minority

When in Thailand, i eat Thai food

I bet less than 10 trips to Farang resturants in 21 trips

Not a cheap charlie, just the way it works.

Contributing to that i RARELY am with a TG that likes Farang food

JMHO

i think tequila reef is terrible , slow service and the food rubbish, its supposed to be mexican food, nothing mexican about it , cant even supply guacamole.

to be honest, dont expect any of the restaurants in pattaya to serve up top nosh, some are pretty good but no top restaurants here unless you pay big money in the 5 star hotels.

Bruno's

Mata Hari

Cherries

Indian by Nature

Art Cafe

Manhattens

All ok but at times i'd have to say that Manhattens and Bruno's are equal to 5 star hotels and some London restaurants i've eaten in. :D

The indian accross the road from the main entrance to Nova Lodge and up the stairs...Absolutely fucking disgusting, stale, re heated, tasteless, burnt, blackened stodge. Served by a surly ( what looked Pino) waitress who refused to switch off the western disco boom boom music untill we threatened to walk out and then continued serving by basically throwing the dishes and plates on the table!

Do not go in there!!

My wife and I much prefer the indian on Beach road nearer Soi 10. They need to improve their wine list but don't hold your breath cos I have been telling them that since they opened around 6 years ago!!.

Edited by Bullfrog

I thought that big vietnamese place .the fish restaurant on walking street looked good but the service was slow. it took half an hour to server roast duck which seeing as the duck s already cooked is very poor. It only needs to be sliced and then served. I would not go there again. They were mean with the ice too. In London China town the roast duck is served immediately

At the very end of Beach Road in Jomtiem is a Thai seafood joint. Very tasty food and good prices.

Ivorbigin,

Does it usually take 4 tries to figure out you don't like a place?

But I disagree. I like my ribs juicy and New Orleans has the juciest in town for my money. Have tried Bob's and The Great American Rib Place but New Orleans wins hands down.

Now for my money, Tony Roma's in the States has the absolute best baby back ribs I've ever eaten but I can't afford to fly to San Francisco every time I want to eat ribs. So I just have to make do with the ones at New Orleans,

BTW, went to Great American Rib place on Teppressit road last night with 5 others and we all agreed that the ribs were dry. Had the sampler though and the rest of the stuff was good to downright tasty. Especially liked the chicken, pulled pork and potato salad.

Cheers

Irishman,

There is a Tony Romas in BKK (atleast a few years back there was) on SUK. I was with a TG who wanted to try it so we went, not exactly the same as the states but pretty good. Funny thing was a Heiniken was 80B, but a Miller was 200B.

Gammon