Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I stayed at the Vic on my last trip and I was suprised at how good the food was. Vic takes alot of pride in his business and aims to please everyone. I never had a bad or OK meal during my stay. The food was great no matter what we ordered. On a final note I must state that the Sunday Carverey was second to none.

Great job Vic.

• 2 months later...

I think the Queen Vic is very well regarded. People say good things about it. So I took a group of 6 there last week.

The portions were certainly good sized. Even though we were there at not so busy a time. The food came a little slow but not a big deal.

2 of had the enormous hamburger. It was huge. I enjoyed it but my dinner guest did not. I don't know if it is usual to make hamburgers like this in English style pubs; but in America, usually a good hamburger is pure ground beef. There burgers seemed to be more like meat loaf as if they mixed with breading. Perhaps they are not, but the texture is like that.

Another guest had the lasagna. I know him well and he tends to like lasagna but he couldn't eat it and left two thirds of it. Perhaps it is a style we are not used to. To us, usually lasagna is layers of flat noodles with tomato sauce, cheeses (usually Mozzarella, Ricotta, and Parmesan), onion, ground beef and spices. But their is like one flat noodle over meat, sauce, etc.

I still think the Queen Victoria is a very good pub but you have to know what kind of food to order to appeal to your individual tastes. Also a very good value for the price.

I eat at the Queen Vic on a regular basis. Fish chip is an excellent choice and the carvery is top notch.

Hungry, you left me out :D

I had the cottage pie. Tasted good. Large serving.

I wasn't used to Farang food and spent the night digesting, but that's on me, not the Vic :)

Good times, good service, clean, temperature was good, food was tasty.

I second the advice about the enormous hamburger. Don't order it unless you're really really really hungry. It's just too much food to eat all at once.

The chicken shiskabobs are good.

And one other thing. If you want iced tea, make sure you tell them that. Otherwise, you'll likely get a pot of hot tea.

J

The rooms are comfortable. Can have great fun looking out over soi 6. No lift though which some may find a problem

I did a little hotel research last month and popped in the Vic for a quick tour. Very nice pub and the rooms seemed OK. There was an elevator (lift) next to the stairs. Is it out of order?

I did a little hotel research last month and popped in the Vic for a quick tour. Very nice pub and the rooms seemed OK. There was an elevator (lift) next to the stairs. Is it out of order?

I have stayed in the Queen Vic. last October2007. the food is great. Vic and his girl are wonderful.

But the is no lift or elevator. So if you are on the 3rd floor you must be a fit guy

<grin

I have stayed in the Queen Vic. last October2007. the food is great. Vic and his girl are wonderful.

But the is no lift or elevator. So if you are on the 3rd floor you must be a fit guy

:banghead

I agree but I quickly learned to bring what I needed down from the room to prevent running up to the room through out the day. Even though the balcony rooms are on the top it was worth the walk on the steps to get to them. The Jacuzzi suite was even nicer than the room I had. It is well worth a look next time you are on Soi sex...I mean six!

There is a security guard posted on the back entrance after hours to prevent any uninvited guests as well. This was nice to see on a few nights.

:finger

Sorry, are you saying there is NO lift, or, there IS A lift but it is out of order?

I thought I saw an elevator by the stairs. Am I crazy? Was I in the wrong joint?

Edited by Sailfast
Sorry, are you saying there is NO lift, or, there IS A lift but it is out of order?

I thought I saw an elevator by the stairs. Am I crazy? Was I in the wrong joint?

I saw no lift. When I spoke with Vic about it, he said he would lose too many rooms to make it worth while. If this has changed recently (since September) then cool. But, both sides are completely separated and he would require two of them.

It's one of my favorite places to eat in Pattaya. The location is fantastic -- great place to recover between sessions if you're feeling ambitious. I'm a big fan of the beef and Guiness pie, as well as the cottage pie. I've heard the fish and chips are good too, but haven't tried them myself.

My father ordered the fish and chips and he said they were the best he has had in years. He had been given more than he could finish so I had to give them a try as well. They were quite good.

• 2 weeks later...

I can think of only one thing bad about the Queen Vic: the stairs.

Their food is top notch, along with their rooms. Considering the room you get for the price, there's no better deal in town.

I can think of only one thing bad about the Queen Vic: the stairs.

Their food is top notch, along with their rooms. Considering the room you get for the price, there's no better deal in town.

There is another bad thing which, in my opinion, is worse - noise from the water pump. I recently stayed for 3 nights in a top floor room but moved on. Everytime anyone uses water (including flushing the bog in the middle of the night) some incredibly noisey water pump sets to work. It's a bit like being beside an amplified washing machine!!

I was also not too keen on getting in after the Soi 6 bars have closed. Some dangerous looking katoeys patrol Soi 6 and some of them stray into Soi 6/1 (which you have to use to get to your room after midnight).

Good sized rooms but, taking into account the negatives, I think the price is reasonable not brilliant.

I stayed there for a week in February and can't fault the place. My room was number 21 on the top floor but that wasn't a problem. The rooms are large and fully equipped with tv, stereo and dvd player and a constant supply of hot water. The walk-in shower was huge and would easily accommodate 6 people although the most I ever had in it was 3 including myself. :banana

It is ideally located for the attractions of the Soi itself and is only 10 minutes walk from many beer bars at the top end of Second Rd. where I spent a lot of time this trip.

Vic and his staff are friendly too and very helpful. The girls are great fun and enjoy a good laugh. I shall certainly stay there again.

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at the Gueen Vic for 14 days in Jan, Feb 08. Initialy I had only booked for 6 nights but liked it so much stayed for most of my trip.

The food is very good both the English and Thai and good value for money.

Vic is very friendly and always willing to answer any questions. I can thoughly reccomend this place

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...