Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Walking Street at eight in the morning.....

Was I the only one who thought it might be Soi Blow Job?

I doubt it. I'm glad you asked tho, so it could be cleared up.

The article you posted raises another question. I assumed Marine Bar was socalled due to the US Marines being customers. Seems they didn't start arriving until years after the bar was established so the name is probably just down to it's location.

The article you posted raises another question. I assumed Marine Bar was socalled due to the US Marines being customers. Seems they didn't start arriving until years after the bar was established so the name is probably just down to it's location.

I think you should research this and get back to us.

Amazing pictures to show an other face of the WS..... :thumbup Thanx a LOT for your efforts and works.... and for your sharp eyes....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Great pics!

Walking street doesn`t look very appealling at that time of day!

Hi,

Walking Street, and Pattaya in general, needs the bright lights and the slightly cooler night time to come alive.

An American expat who started a bar and hotel named William Jones, or "Bill" Jones, used his initials, "BJ", for the name of a bar early on. His is an interesting story documented in 1998 in the Pattaya Mail http://www.pattayamail.com/295/features.htm...scroll down to the section heading in the following quote.

I bet many have gone into bars there and come away disappointed. The real Soi BJ is Soi 6 as we know.

Glyn.

I did a little research on this a few years ago when the the subject came up and one source claimed the U.S. Marines were the first on the beach in Pattaya and that is how it should be. :smile: True or not, I really don't know.

Edited by Samsonite

Seaside city, beaches, fish...hmm, maybe we could use the word "marine"?

Or wait for Americans to name our businesses after a branch of their military?

• 1 year later...

Dunno how I missed this thread. Brilliant Billions. One thing, WTF was going on in the first two pics?. Looks like a nasty scene was developing , averted by the Thais stepping in to stop another Thai and protect a farang.

That was a nasty looking blade he had.