Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Jomtien Immigration Office changed !

Hi. I just come back from Jomtien Immigration where I needed a Re-Entry Permit.

Big changes inside ! You can forget everything you know about how this Immigration Office works... ;)

When you enter you now see a huge central area full of seating where people are waiting for their turn. All desks and officers are now along the walls all over the place.

At the entrance you must now turn on your right toward a new desk where 3 ladies will check you documents. They will check form, copies, signatures,... and will make you fill some form or make new photocopies if need. They will make you pay the fee too.

When your file (documents) is correct, they will send you to the desk at the left of the entrance where you will get a number for your queue. You then go in the central seating area and wait for your turn looking at the desk you will have to go. The electronic number system was not working today.

From right to left inside the Office you will see :

- the "reception/checking" desk with the 3 ladies

- the #1 desk for Tourists (mainly extension)

- the #2 desk for Re-Entry Permit

- several desks for the 90-Days Report

- several desks for Long Stay Extension (like Retirement, Marriage, Work,...). Along the back wall

- the small ex-office for Residence Certificate is now reserved to people for neighbour countries (Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar...)

- the desk on the left for Residence Certificate

- the queue number distributor

I went there at about 1pm. It was rather busy in the waiting area.

It took me 15 minutes to get my Re-Entry stamp.

To early to say, but seems to be a good change :)

• Upvote 4

Great sight picture that will prepare the readers for a huge change inside the building.

It's bad enough when I go there, I always have a stricken look and a moment of confusion under the old system.

At least, this will minimize my shock when I'm there...hopefully this week sometime.

To add to this, last week I was there for a seven-day extension on my 30 day visa on arrival. I use the private office next door for my photo and to fill out the forms.

The immigration lady gave me 30 days versus the seven days I had requested. That was 30 days from when my original 30 day ended.

The price was still 1900 baht.

I must be hansum man.

To add to this, last week I was there for a seven-day extension on my 30 day visa on arrival. I use the private office next door for my photo and to fill out the forms.

The immigration lady gave me 30 days versus the seven days I had requested. That was 30 days from when my original 30 day ended.

The price was still 1900 baht.

I must be hansum man.

You must be a very :llaugh handsome man to get an additional 30 days from the Immigration lady. Did you get her phone number?

You must be a very :llaugh handsome man to get an additional 30 days from the Immigration lady. Did you get her phone number?

Not really.

The 30 day extension to the 30 day stamp is standard now.

NewRegulation_en.png

I have mentioned this on another forum, but does anyone remember when you used to go to Immigration, soi 5, ring a buzzer, an officer would take your passport and money. Next day, ring buzzer, officer appears from a door,move you your passport back. Only 10 years or so ago.

Just back from a Visit at Immigration.

My Passport is only less than 4 Years old, but due to extensive travel the last few Years, I'm down to the last half page, so applied for new Passport at Austrian Embassy Bangkok earlier this Year.

Got my Passport quick (2 weeks only) and now needed to transfer my O Extemsion and Multiple Reentry from old to new.

Went in and told my request to one girl at the counter to the left upon entry. She giggled, had no clue, and pointed me to the other nice lady at the same counter who was busy. After 5 Minutes she approached me, I told her my request, she first told me to go to the booth outside to make Photocopies. I told her I had all pages photocopied already, so, with a sigh "There goes my Kickback ..." She filled out a form, asked me to sign, and move on to the counter opposite.

Nice lady asked me what I want,viola her, and showed the stack of papers and two Passports.

She gave me a number (noticing that 22 are currently waiting in that queue) and which counter to go.

Sat down in front of my counter. There were two desks, one sporting an official looking lady with all the insignia a Military Bureaucracy can dream of, in front of a really impressive collection of (I kid you not!) more than 50 Rubber Stamps. Now, take this uniform, and all that rubber in front of her, and her (mature but attractive) looks, and you have 9 out of 10 generals wetting their uniform trousers ...).

She was busy phoning on two phones simultaneously, probably setting up after-work appointments with leading Junta Members ...

The other desk was manned with a middle aged much less decorated (Lion and Lioness, I wonder if he actually sports a higher rank, also hinted by the fact that he had only a measly 4 or 5 stamps in front of him, and only sported one phone, while browsing through a staple of Photocopies) Immigration clerk.I failed to find any sign or Monitor showing the current number who is serviced, so I got myself comfortable in anticipation of a long and discomfortable wait, which was interrupted by the General's wet dream asking me to approach ...

I showed her my Passports, she barely looked at them, collected all the Photocopies, and then told me to come back tomorrow after 2 pm to collect the Passports.

So, now I am illegal in Thailand for a little more than 24 hours, as I can't produce my Passport in case a member of the police corps or Junta rightfully requests me to do.

I really hope that one day, after the next election or five, a government comes into place that checks all these laws and adapts either the procedures or the laws, so they can coexist.

• Upvote 3

I do wish they would fix the number displays so you can tell where you are in the queue. I was in there a week ago, and those of us apparently waiting at the same desk had to show each other our numbers to figure out who was next and order ourselves manually.

I do wish they would fix the number displays so you can tell where you are in the queue. I was in there a week ago, and those of us apparently waiting at the same desk had to show each other our numbers to figure out who was next and order ourselves manually.

When I was in there last week for my 90 report they were calling out the next number. Can't imagine they wouldn't at least continue to give a shout of the next number up.

Anyone know what time it opens?

Business hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm

Business hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm

I didn't check recently, but last year at 8am there was already a waiting queue,

and if desks-work starts at 8:30, they started to give tickets at about 8:15

I went in today to do the 90 day report. The electronic queue display systems were still not working. Everyone had to huddle around the desk to listen intently for their number to be called. :banghead

I showed her my Passports, she barely looked at them, collected all the Photocopies, and then told me to come back tomorrow after 2 pm to collect the Passports.

So, now I am illegal in Thailand for a little more than 24 hours, as I can't produce my Passport in case a member of the police corps or Junta rightfully requests me to do so.

Much the same today but I was given a laminated red card with a number, "PATTAYA IMMIGRATION RETIREMENT" and something in Thai. I'm not about to carry that as I would be well and truly screwed if I lost it. Edited by nkped

Now if they would only buy a webcam and point it at the number board, then we could all go get breakfast and check our phones to see when our number is about to be called. No, wait a minute, that would be rational and logical and of course a direct violation of basic Thai principles.

Now if they would only buy a webcam and point it at the number board, then we could all go get breakfast and check our phones to see when our number is about to be called. No, wait a minute, that would be rational and logical and of course a direct violation of basic Thai principles.

I have had that thought too, although I don't think I would be having breakfast.

• 9 months later...

Well I just thought I'd give Pattaya Immigration a pat on their golden epaulets.

Last year (technically still this year) I did my 1 year renewal on Boxing Day....It was lovely......So this year, (same year) I thought I'd try Christmas Day. Glad I did.

The staff were smiling and I could hear cheers coming from inside as various members arrived for work in festive gear. A guy tried to shuffle up alongside the queue and it looked like he would succeed as the guy ahead of me seemed oblivious. So.... I couldn't restrain myself for reaching forward and tugging his shirt.

"Oi lad there's a queue 'ere....It's a short one but you ain't in it yet." And I pointed to the back. Now I'm in a good Christmas mood and I think I'm easy going and I know we'll all get processed.....but I can't abide queue jumpers if I let people do that to me I'd feel rotten about myself all day.

Anyway he says with a far away look that he's got a 'heart condition'......so I felt guilty and offered him a place in front of me........I should write a biography and call it 'Gullibles' Travels'

Got my numbered slip inside showing there were 3 ahead of me at the 1 year desk. The staff at my counter looked gorgeous in their civies and antler-horns.......And were busy taking selfies.

The two ahead of me were called together, slightly before the official 8.30 kick-off. Moments later 'Rudolph's' beautiful Thai sister beckoned me over.

While she checked and re-organised my papers I signed two forms I hadn't seen before.......Probably a promise not to leer at the immigration staff in future. Handed over the money, given my change and I was done. Told to collect my passport Monday and wished a 'Merry Christmas'. I checked my watch I was out the door before 8.30.

Went in today........Very busy but collected my passport with the new visa stamp in it, taking all of 2 mins including a photo they take of you now.

Bit of photo-copying and I was ready to do my 'multi-entry' ....Got a number showing only 2 ahead of me even though the place was packed. Processing the multi-entry took 10 mins and I was out the door.

A quick trip to get a laminate colour copy for my wallet and job done.

Pattaya Immigration have got things as efficiently organised as all of that red tape can be. They were polite and friendly.

Well done them!

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 4

Fully agree Atlas. The same as me except I went last Monday, no festive dress but quite fast and efficient. The longest wait being for the queue ticket from the young girls on the desk. I chose not to arrive at opening as the queue seems to be at its worst then and I arrived at 09.30. That is a silly area to be as everyone is crowding around to get forms and get in and out via the single opening door. A rather likely place for frustration. I never thought I would have time to apply for the exit-reentry same day so that will have to be done in a week or two. Anyhow, I like to ensure the previous extension has expired before I try and attach a new reentry.

Did you have anyone behind you when you offered the heart condition guy a place before you? After checking his doctor's note of course.

I keep thinking to let my extension renewal slip by perhaps leaving without a reentry and getting a new Non-Imm O in the UK, I would prefer to be extending in say February rather than the usual Xmas/New Year peak.

Ah well, done and dusted for another year in paradise.

Edited by jacko

Yes there were a dozen or so behind me........But they'd seen him shuffle alongside and sneak up and not a murmur from any of them. Makes it difficult for them to then complain about my generosity/naiveté.

As for the re-entry I put a fictitious date for leaving very close to the expiry date of 21st Jan.

It's purely because I like to get everything settled asap. Also circumstances mean that my 16 year old son will be boarding alone in Australia this year and I want the ability to be able to leave Thailand at the drop of a hat should the need arise.

It's his first ever year boarding.........I've got him a 'wand' for Christmas.

I hate queue jumpers, you should have sent him back.

At the airport one day a Russian guy decided his 3 friends should leave their queue and join ours between me and him. I told them to fuck off then he pulled them in front of him. I wanted to physically remove them but I feared not being let into Thailand ten feet away from immigration.

I'm not a big fan of confrontation but queue jumpers will always get one from me.

Sorry, off topic rant.

When I was in there last week for my 90 report they were calling out the next number. Can't imagine they wouldn't at least continue to give a shout of the next number up.

When i did mine last week sitting in front of counter 4 there was a very visible display for what number they were on. Fortunately for me it said 495 and i was 496 :)

Yes there were a dozen or so behind me........But they'd seen him shuffle alongside and sneak up and not a murmur from any of them. Makes it difficult for them to then complain about my generosity/naiveté.

It is frustrating, having to join a queue which consists of people who haven't got the forms, a pen or any idea how to proceed, and I just want a ticket. Some guy in front of me occupied the girl for several minutes. I want to push a button like at the bank!

Edited by jacko