Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 183 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Please read and respond if you post

Checking POSTing problem   

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are going to be running this poll to see if this posting problem is continuing to affect everyone, some people, all the time, some of the time, hardly at all.. etc

When you post a reply or a message, you usually see some screen like below momentarily, then it goes away and you see your reply as a post in the thread or conversation.

The problem we have been seeing is that the screen below just stays there, and you have to do a REFRESH to see that your post actually finished.

Screenshot 2015-10-05 14.28.33.png

Sometimes occurs when there are puictures within the thread or post, but reverts to normal size once the page has fully loaded.

Using latest Firefox version on Windows 7.

Not quite what happened to me.

The last of my occasional posts seemed to hang for about five minutes, then the screen refreshed (without me doing anything) and the post appeared.

I assumed it was a Firefox/Windows 8.1 problem, but now it seems no. Could it be a server issue?.

Not quite what happened to me.

The last of my occasional posts seemed to hang for about five minutes, then the screen refreshed (without me doing anything) and the post appeared.

I assumed it was a Firefox/Windows 8.1 problem, but now it seems no. Could it be a server issue?.

That's what I don't know. Invision says it's probably not them, but the only thing I changed was to install their new software which doesn't affect the server configuration (that I know of).

It's a mystery that is hopefully going to be resolved soon.

EDIT: and this post hung up.

Edited by MM
add result

That's what I don't know. Invision says it's probably not them, but the only thing I changed was to install their new software which doesn't affect the server configuration (that I know of).

It's a mystery that is hopefully going to be resolved soon.

EDIT: and this post hung up.

I wonder if the new software might contain a script that takes a very long time to complete on some hardware/software platforms.

This last time I noticed the message "saving post" in pale grey, bottom right. The screen eventually refreshed automatically, but displayed corrupt (all there, but one character per line), plus a lot of extraneous characters. An F5 refresh corrected the display problem.

• Upvote 1

I just posted and it went straight through correctly. I then edited my post just to see if it hung up, but the edit also went straight on. I use Safari browser on my Mac.

test post to see what happens - yup it hung and F5 refreshed after a little while - edit worked straight away.

Edited by Kev

I tried to send a message to another member and it got stuck.........Didn't go so i cancelled to get out.

Edit in...when I posted this before this edit it stuck so I clicked on VNcontent.

Then a pop-up told me that my message I'd composed about 5 mins earlier had been sent.

So it's all working ............Just slow.

Edited by atlas2

I use Chrome and what I'm getting is the green 'processing' meter goes and goes and goes and then goes away. A refresh then shows my post. So posting is working for me, just slowly.

There was a delay when posting over the last couple of days. This is my first post since seeing this message.

Edit: The problem still occurred with this post.

Edited by tallguy

The above test took about 10 seconds to go through and the screen refreshed itself. But it was a very brief post. Let's see what happens when the post is longer and includes a few photos.

Evil
:devil

EDIT IN: The post showed up on the board almost immediately, within seconds, but continued to hang on "saving Post" until I refreshed the screen two minutes later.

EDIT IN FOR SECOND TIME: Edits go through immediately and the screen refreshes itself.

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1506_1678a.jpg

IMG_3639-002_edited-1.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil

It doesn't happen when I vote!!

Just trying to reply, will edit with result. posting from philippines, using ipad with safari browser

It didnt post but didnt get the screen, refreshed and it is there

Edited by biggles

Hi MM.

I just made a post and indeed the Post action seemed never appear to complete...

It took probably 1 minute before the topic appears with my message in.

Edit: I checked the time on this post. Just a bit more than 2 minutes !

A 120 sec timeout somewhere in the code on an action blocked for some reason ?

Edited by Idefix

Hi MM.

I just made a post and indeed the Post action seemed never appear to complete...

It took probably 1 minute before the topic appears with my message in.

Edit: I checked the time on this post. Just a bit more than 2 minutes !

A 120 sec timeout somewhere in the code on an action blocked for some reason ?

Something like that. It's not my code, so I don't know where it's hanging, and Invision support keeps trying to foist it off as a server problem without looking into it in detail to indicate what the problem is from their side.