Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Christmas Dinner Options 2016

Καπνιστή Γαλοπούλα με πορτοκάλι και σάλτσα Jack Daniel’s1-150x150.jpg..c1094172_s.png...Xmas-Pud-150x150.gif

"Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat,

Book your dinner now lest your plans fall flat."

If you intend on having Christmas dinner in Pattaya, you best make your reservations soon, especially if you're planning on eating at one of the more popular restaurants/bars. I read today on the Facebook page of Nicky's on Soi Bukhao that only 20 places were left for Dec. 25th.

Prices range from 550 baht to 2,500 baht or more, depending on how fancy the place is, how many courses the meal includes and exactly what's on the menu. Several of the better known U.K.-style restaurants/bars have prices around 1,200 baht. But there are places with menus under 1,000 baht, including Sutus Court, Golden Ferret, Jolly's, etc.

To begin with Casa Pascal off 2nd Road (first two menus):

Untitled-1.jpg

xmas_menu_2016_new.jpg...sportsman.jpg

xmas-2016.jpg...biteme.jpg

Santa Penevil

christmas_animated_santa-dancing_(6).jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..... "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, Book your dinner now lest your plans fall flat."     If you intend on having Christmas dinner in Pattaya, you best make your reservati

Hooters is not a place that ranks high in the hearts and minds of Pattaya's Scrooges, but 399 baht is not a bad price at all for a two-course Christmas dinner. In fact, it's at the lower end of the P

I had this for Xmas Eve dinner and was quite happy with it  

Posted Images

The images in the first row don't identify the restaurant. The sign of a poor marketing department!

The first two menus are for Casa Pascal.. I've edited in identifying info in the OP.

Santa Penevil

post-9139-0-29807100-1480807493.jpg

Does any restaurant in Pattaya offer a bowl of gruel as its Christmas dinner? Seems like there would be a lot of demand for it.

post-6485-0-75384000-1480875522.jpg

Santa Penevil

post-6485-0-51144200-1480875520.gif

• Upvote 1

This isn't cheap, but considering it includes a free flow of booze, it's a pretty good price, plus the menu options are good. Only downside is that trying to get to the buffet tables will be like the Battle of Stalingrad if Russian or Chinese groups are eating there.

post-6485-0-19588000-1480877769.jpg

Santa Penevil

post-6485-0-62349300-1480877814.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if this one (995 baht) is already booked solid:

Retox.jpg

For those looking for a Swedish julbord:

post-942-0-26296700-1480897730.jpg

Among the least expensive, but not much detail about the dinner:

post-942-0-53328000-1480897741.jpg

Christmas Dinner at O’Garas Irish Bar & Restaurant – Sunday 25th December 2016

O'Gara's is located in Jomtien on Pratumak Hill opposite Tara Court Hotel.

First round: 13.00 – 15.30 hrs.

Second round: 15.30 – 18.30 hrs.

Third round: 18.30 – 00.00 hrs.

Price is 1,200 THB per person

post-942-0-91457900-1480897738.jpg

I have a feeling this is just their standard buffet plus turkey and a Christmas dessert:

post-942-0-88424100-1480897735.jpg

The Robin's Nest on Soi Diana has what is looking like the best value-for-money deal: an all-you-can-eat buffet for 695 baht. Please note that this price doesn't include dessert, which is an additional 85 baht for Christmas pudding.

XmasRNc.JPG

I imagine a seat at a table in the Robin's Nest will be in high demand on Dec. 25th. Book now if you're interested.

This offer will appeal to a smaller number of Christmas diners: No doubt the taste will be fine, but the Wooden Box is a a bit too "alternative" and "fusion" for a traditional meal like a Christmas roast dinner.

CaptureWooden Box.JPG

Santa Penevil

christmas_animated_santa-dancing.gif

Edited by Evil Penevil

I'm hoping it will be possible to get into a restaurant, without booking, just to have a regular meal on Xmas day.

Yes, but you might need to think outside the box. Avoid the English style pubs which offer the Xmas dinner menus. Some of the Scandinavian and German places might be worth a look as they tend to do their specials on Christmas Eve. Also it might be worth considering dining a bit later after the Xmas lunchers have finished. One of the great things about Pattaya is there is no shortage of places to eat.
  • Upvote 1

I'm hoping it will be possible to get into a restaurant, without booking, just to have a regular meal on Xmas day.

I don't think it will be a problem to find a seat at any restaurant NOT offering some sort of special Xmas meal. And while a lot of places do offer an Xmas meal, probably 9 out of 10 don't do anything special beyond putting up a few decorations.

But it does seem the number of farang interested in a traditional dinner is shrinking. I read that five years ago, the most popular British places were booked solid by mid-November. Ten years ago, the top places would be sold out one or two days after the start of reservations at the beginning of November. Some were booked fully without advertising Xmas dinner beyond an email list for regular customers.

Santa Penevil

post-9139-0-70008000-1481180493.gif

Edited by Evil Penevil

I don't think it will be a problem to find a seat at any restaurant NOT offering some sort of special Xmas meal. And while a lot of places do offer an Xmas meal, probably 9 out of 10 don't do anything special beyond putting up a few decorations.

PBG is a good option for this as their lamb roast is very good and it has an excellent choice of Thai food....Their Long Islands are very very good ( my record in one sitting is eleven!!) ....and of course it is easy to get to most places by song teow too.......so no drinking and driving...

PBG is a good option for this as their lamb roast is very good and it has an excellent choice of Thai food....Their Long Islands are very very good ( my record in one sitting is eleven!!) ....and of course it is easy to get to most places by song teow too.......so no drinking and driving...

11 Long Islands X 4 shots per drink X 1.5 ounces per shot = 66 ounces of hard liquor (i.e. one shot under 2 liters). Wouldn't you be dead? :clueless

11 Long Islands X 4 shots per drink X 1.5 ounces per shot = 66 ounces of hard liquor (i.e. one shot under 2 liters). Wouldn't you be dead? :clueless

Hahaha yep I should be....It was like It's a knock out/Jeux sans Frontierre with the staff counting down each one and me with a big wobbly head and shiny nose......It was a very long session I might add....

• Upvote 1

Hahaha yep I should be....It was like It's a knock out/Jeux sans Frontierre with the staff counting down each one and me with a big wobbly head and shiny nose......It was a very long session I might add....

I've never ordered one there before. Thanks for the warning.

I've never ordered one there before. Thanks for the warning.

I need to disabuse you of any "Ricky" style drinking establishment. My reply was pure rhetoric. A long leisurely morning and afternoon was spent hoovering drinks at a moderate pace whilst enjoying convivial conversation...with a lovely view and excellent service......which brings us back rather nicely to an option for Xmas...the subject of the thread..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rich Man Poor Man in Jomtien Soi 9 always has a super Christmas day meal. You would be advised to make an early reservation. Eddie won't have the fanciest menu but you can be sure the meal will be top shelf. Genuine home cooked style.

Rich Man Poor Man in Jomtien Soi 9 always has a super Christmas day meal. You would be advised to make an early reservation. Eddie won't have the fanciest menu but you can be sure the meal will be top shelf. Genuine home cooked style.

Sadly, with the shortage of imported turkeys, Eddie made the decision to provide Thai turkeys for Thanksgiving. I have never eaten such a tough, stringy, flavorless turkey. I left half of it on the plate as I considered it inedible.

On top of that, the turkey dinner was 900+ baht, and many other places were using Norbest turkeys and charging less.

Sadly, with the shortage of imported turkeys, Eddie made the decision to provide Thai turkeys for Thanksgiving. I have never eaten such a tough, stringy, flavorless turkey. I left half of it on the plate as I considered it inedible.

On top of that, the turkey dinner was 900+ baht, and many other places were using Norbest turkeys and charging less.

Sorry to hear that. My meal here up country was pig leg with vegetables and rice. I doubt that I ever posted about my Thai turkey experience. I had what turned out to be a brain fart. We started out with two hens and a tom turkey. They did very well with both hens broody. It didn't take long before we had turkeys running around everywhere. The big day came when I killed a your tom and put him on the BBQ. I can honestly say that that bird was not fit to eat although my golden retriever thought it was fine. My Thai brother in law took one and after a BBQ, he ended up making laap out of it. I told my wife to get rid of all of the turkeys and she ended up giving most of them away. The Thais were smart enough not to waste their time raising them.

• Upvote 1

I don't see the Tequila Reef Christmas dinner listed? They used to offer a very nice holiday menu.

If you haven't got your heart set on a traditional Xmas meal, this looks to be a very reasonably priced option for Christmas Eve: It's an all-you-can-eat BBQ for 300 baht.

pool-party-24-december-16-website-1920x1080px.jpg

Capturebarra.JPG

Edited by Evil Penevil