Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Visisted the New Terminal 21 Mall Yet?

Beats me why people fly to Thailand to visit malls, unless they do not have them at home!

Pattaya now has about 8 or 9 of them. The addition of one more is surprising when The Avenue and Harbor Mall are mostly empty. BigC-X and Central Festival Beach Road remain popular but this new addition can only dilute the numbers.

Yesterday was a bad choice, it was terribly busy and difficult if you had a vehicle to park, many from Bangkok taking a look at the weekend.

An impressive place with many food outlets, strongly targeting Asian cuisine. Designer shops and expensive adornments. They have bought barrels of cashew nuts cheap, and repackaged 5 in fancy foil bags for you to pay a lot for! :D

Mall1.jpg

Mall2.jpg

A couple of Soi Buakhao Brits deciding whose round it is!

Mall3.jpg

A pity I can't post the original resolution.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 3

Was there 2 days after it opened. Not sure how many from Bangkok are going to be coming on a regular basis....it looks almost identical to the one in Bangkok. They do need to sort out traffic, it funnels out into a giant parking lot.

As shopping malls go, I would regard this one as impressive, but not aa much so as either the T21 in BKK or Central Festival in Patts.

As you mention, it is bound to dilute business at the other malls, something those malls can ill afford.

• Upvote 1

Will definitely pop in next time as I'm a fan of the one in Bangkok.

Where is this?

On North Rd just a bit towards Sukhumvit from Dolphin roundabout.

I was told by a few girls (last month)..oh I not go to Terminal 21 yet...........no nor me I replied!

I guess Thai women are the same as women all over the world.................

They just love to shop....(with your money!).......and they love to eat!

I didnt end up going there..and I wont be going there in February either!

The first time I visited this mall I was impressed with the set up of the London, Paris, Italy, San Francisco, and Tokyo locations. However saying that there is absolutely nothing in there that I would buy.

I have been there a few times now for an air conditioned walk after I have had my lunchtime meal to burn off a few cals.

Where is the toilet?

The toilets are hiso with automatic spray speeds and a heater to dry up your ass. Just a novelty ...Give me a squirter on a hosepipe any time.

So the highlight is the loo? Worth a visit then....

Since when did shopping centres selling stuff at the same price as in the "west" become an attraction (apart from aircon food and cinema and bowling and......)?

Just sayin'

Andy Cap

Just a small tip, the food court on the top floor is really big and very cheap. Lots of other restaurants around but many are pricey.

I hadn't been to the BKK outlet so was quite impressed with the themed decor

These malls are charging as much or more, for some thing's, than the malls in the U.S., I do a couple of trip's to California, to see my doctor's every year, I am amazed at the price's they are charging here.

this is one of the downside's to the "2 week millionaire's" we have visit here every year, and piss away a lot of money in a short time, it tells the local's "we all" have ton's of expendable income, we want to give them !!

BUT, to be fair, I was one of them 12 years ago !!! 5555 !!

These malls are charging as much or more, for some thing's, than the malls in the U.S., I do a couple of trip's to California, to see my doctor's every year, I am amazed at the price's they are charging here.

this is one of the downside's to the "2 week millionaire's" we have visit here every year, and piss away a lot of money in a short time, it tells the local's "we all" have ton's of expendable income, we want to give them !!

BUT, to be fair, I was one of them 12 years ago !!! 5555 !!

Designer clothes in Thailand aren't cheaper and in actual fact they're often more expensive than what you'd pay in London which is why I never buy any when I'm in Thailand. Just go somewhere like The Emprorium shopping centre on Sukhumvit and you'll see what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

I went once and would not return. It's walking distance from my place. I asked if there was Bangkok Bank Bank, which there isn't, she said M London. I asked what floor she said M and I left...