Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Where in Pattaya would you recommend to go for a good (real) massage ?

I have a sour shoulder because of too much work (and play) with a computer mouse. I would like to get the shoulder and arm skillfully massaged (perhaps as a part of a full body massage - but the arm/shoulder are the most important)

Can any of the boardies recommend a place/person to get this treatment ?

Many places that advertise "Traditional Thai Massage" on the window. Be prepared to have your body pulled/poked/tweaked/stretched. Some of the younger girls have gone to Massage College, but mostly the older ones who are not in the game. I believe there is an actual massage clinic on soi 6?

Hi,

I go to the blind masseurs on the way to Naklua. There are male and females there and as well as a good massage you are helping them make a living. I'm sure someone on here has the exact name and address. Not hard to find, just a few hundred metres off the bahtbus route to Naklua.

Soi Honey -- 25 meters from Soi Bukaro is Jan's Massage (Green Building). Ask for Noi -- she'll do exactly as asked. If you do not want a happy ending; just say so. If you change your mind; just say so. I have bad shoulders as well, and I have her do 20 minutes on each shoulder -- during 2 hour massage. In other words, you can customize the massage just by directing her. Also, if you want -- she will come to your hotel and do the massage in the privacy of your room.

I have a sour shoulder because of too much work (and play) with a computer mouse. I would like to get the shoulder and arm skillfully massaged (perhaps as a part of a full body massage - but the arm/shoulder are the most important)

Soi Buakhao has many places for a reasonable price, my old favorite was Kim II, even the world famous Harris Black went there too.

Consider getting a roller ball track mouse, I have a logitech one, and only your fingers move, not your arm/shoulder.

Blind Massage is good

Also, top of soi 2, orange front and all teh amsseurs wear orange tshirts

possibly called goldfingers

theres a women in there whose built like a rhino, and if she cant sort you out, no one will

NOTE:

the blind massage joint off the naklua road has since re-located to the bottom of 3rd Road (just passed tony,s fitness , on the left hand side before you go over the flyover to bali-hai pier).

They are very very good. When you enter you can look through the small photo book and chose your masseur. (lady or man).

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been going to POTHIEVJ PHYSICAL MASSAGE for 16 years.

its on 2nd road next to the Shell petrol station, just before Dolphin island.

Its a proper massage place. ie. NO EXTRAS.

you see works, social clubs and oap clubs going there.

ITS 250 Baht for 1 hour or 400 for 2 hours, you real need 2 hours.

They provide loose clothes for you and a soft drink.

starts about 12 noon until late.

just go in and pick your girl (not all are pretty but all are good) <huh

If you dont speak Thai ask for a girl that speaks english.

Enjoy :D

There is a community Thai massage building in the temple on South Pattaya Road.

Two others that I can recommend are the one next(east of) to Candy Massage on the South Pattaya Road and one on Second Road, on the right, just before Dolphin Roundabout. May be called Wellness for Life.

Hi Odence

While i was there in april and may i went to Tonys gym complex on 3rd road they have a japanese spa at the back , i went most days as i have a bad back and this is a great experience you get showered go in a steam room hop in a jaquizi get a massage that is incredible back in steam room and showered and jaquizi then get dressed and go about you business for 200 baht . no happy ending but you leave feeling like a million dollars. the place is just near the buffalo bar and all of the above takes about 2 hours i took everyone from my group one day and they all loved the experience

regards Matey

ps we met in Goldfingers a couple of times

Hi Odence

While i was there in april and may i went to Tonys gym complex on 3rd road they have a japanese spa at the back , i went most days as i have a bad back and this is a great experience you get showered go in a steam room hop in a jaquizi get a massage that is incredible back in steam room and showered and jaquizi then get dressed and go about you business for 200 baht . no happy ending but you leave feeling like a million dollars. the place is just near the buffalo bar and all of the above takes about 2 hours i took everyone from my group one day and they all loved the experience

regards Matey

ps we met in Goldfingers a couple of times

I'm glad you have a good review of the place. I'm going to try it one of these days. I looked at it recently and the steam room looked nice.

While i was there in april and may i went to Tonys gym complex on 3rd road they have a japanese spa at the back , i went most days as i have a bad back and this is a great experience you get showered go in a

"Tony's gym complex" just says way, way too much for me.

Wow thank you for the great information!

I would have a question, sorry if it sounds funny im ne here.

To compare, is massage better with the blind? (I'm very interested in non sexual massage).

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
Sorry to hijack but talking about massages. I love a good oil massage for feeling relaxed but find sometimes I like it alittle harder (oh er), you know more stretching, kneeding, etc. Is that what you get with a thai massage?

Hi,

Yes, Thai massage is rigorous. You will feel sore the next day if you are not used to it. The best cure: more MASSAGE!!

Everyday, several times a day, massage, massage, massage!!

That place is heaven!

crazedchef

Hi,

you must work in either Ops or HR :bigsmile:

These vacations are worth the hell of the Big "B"!

crazedchef

• 3 weeks later...

The massage place under the LEK hotel ,called MK (I think),on 2nd rd is excellent and as far as I know completely straight,(200baht an hour) but when my favourite lady left I found another place just off Soi Chiapoon ,just past the Bowling green and opposite Excite disco the girls there are very good but with little english though they charge only 100baht an hour.

Traditional massage takes some time to get used to , to be frank!

It bloody hurts!!!

OK , if you want to be all 'macho' like eating a super hot vindaloo curry with the lads you might pretend it doesn't ....but it does!

I qualified at the Wat Po medical school a few years ago so I can recognise a 'correct' massage but prefer a softer 'Spa' type as I like to spend the time thinking calm thoughts not wondering and hoping when the pressure on that particular 'gouge' point will stop !

Thai massage is based on 'Sen' lines of force which run through the body and in theory , balances them to give a holistic benefit!

But it Bloody hurts! :eyecrazy Honest!

Just say soft , soft until you get more into it .

The best places to go vary as a particular masseuse moves on so I always find a good one and just go wherever she is working!

The best overall place at the moment is the mini 'spa' massage place next to the shop on the Jomtien complex as ALL the staff are good and well trained and the place is really well done out.

It also does beer , coffee , cakes ext in a little garden aria at the front . I have no connection with the place and have never met the owner !

Edited by swanks

If you would like to try something a little more upmarket Healthland in North Pattaya would be the go.

www.healthlandspa.com

The Pattaya premises are relatively new and do not feature on their website yet but the facilities and service are equal to or better than the Bangkok branches.

:eyecrazy

bottom of soi six on right handside before u hit beach road highly recomended

Yes! I went there during Songkran this year. :D

I have a sour shoulder because of

Surprising that everyone is suggesting massage for this problem. A good scrubbing with warm soap and warm water is your best bet. Maybe a drop or two of cologne on your neck will help if this is a persistent problem. I know how you got your name of Odense. Is your last name One, by any chance?