Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Ground transportation options - BKK / Pattaya

I am returning to Thailand in September :banana . . . . and interested in knowing what the best options are for ground transport to Pattaya (from BKK).

Is Mr. Tooms still in business and reliable? (I've never used him but I have read mixed reviews on his service).

The following site comes recommended by a board member - anyone else have experience with this company?....

http://www.bangkok-airport-transfer.com/

Any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Mr Toom still operates.

Mr T does too.

Dream Transport has a good reputation here too....

Link to review

Edited by jacko

I use a fellow BM service. So far lostinspace has been reliable. His wife Jan does the driving in a newish Toyota extended cab pickup with a covered pickup bed. She speaks good English and is a SAFE driver. Their service is based in Pattaya so she knows her way around. BTW if you want a couple of cold beers waiting for you let her know what you want and it will be waiting for you. PM lostinspace for up to date rates.

The cheapest way would be to walk. It might take you a bit, but at least you would save 1,500 - 2,000 baht. That's 4 ST's in with the old fuglies that BigD fucks.

You could take the bus. Not sure how much it costs though? There is one that leaves every hour to Pattatya. It might be something like 250 baht or so? I heard it's not so bad. Again, saves money.

There are numerous cheap charlie ways to get to and from. Why not advertise to chare a taxi to Pattaya with 20 other members, so you only have to pay 100 baht?

I just booked with Mr. Dream and he is relatively inexpensive (1100 baht), prompt in replying and I have no doubt he will be there as scheduled.

I have been with Mr. Toom and Secrets also but for the price, Mr. Dream looks to be the best of the lot.

email him at:

mr.dreamtransport@yahoo.com

Edited by midlifecrisis

I appreciate the replies. Just a few more quick questions....

Big D, is Lostinspace's wife hot? (lol) ;)

GRT, I've only found 3 members so far I'd be willing to share a taxi with, so that option is no good :rolleyes: . Since I run marathons the walking idea is tempting, but I'd need to see BigD's list of fuglies, along with photos and bio's before I take the walk.

Actually, price is not a major factor . . . I just want reliable service BKK - Pattaya - BKK, clean comfortable car, large backseat & two TG's to massage my flight-weary back, legs, arms, feet, hands, di.... uh, well, nevermind.

Seriously though . . . sounds like lostinspace or Dream is the way to go.

Thanks.

--- Farsider

I appreciate the replies. Just a few more quick questions....

Big D, is Lostinspace's wife hot? (lol) ;)

GRT, I've only found 3 members so far I'd be willing to share a taxi with, so that option is no good :rolleyes: . Since I run marathons the walking idea is tempting, but I'd need to see BigD's list of fuglies, along with photos and bio's before I take the walk.

Actually, price is not a major factor . . . I just want reliable service BKK - Pattaya - BKK, clean comfortable car, large backseat & two TG's to massage my flight-weary back, legs, arms, feet, hands, di.... uh, well, nevermind.

Seriously though . . . sounds like lostinspace or Dream is the way to go.

Thanks.

--- Farsider

If you want a couple TG's there waiting for you, then there is a limo service from one of the Gogo Bars. I can't remember the name? Penthouse? Someone on here will know.

If you want a couple TG's there waiting for you, then there is a limo service from one of the Gogo Bars. I can't remember the name? Penthouse? Someone on here will know.

Penthouse, yes.

GIYF, but it's way past its sell-by date, I'm afraid. They still (promise to) have a couple of slut-merchants with your name on a sign who will ride in the backseat to Pattaya with you, yep.

Penthouse, yes.

GIYF, but it's way past its sell-by date, I'm afraid. They still (promise to) have a couple of slut-merchants with your name on a sign who will ride in the backseat to Pattaya with you, yep.

you can also do something similar throught Mistys / Beavers. Seems to be the same service.

http://www.mistysagogo.com/transport.htm

http://beaverspattaya.com/transport.html

edit:

http://www.legsclubagogo.com/transport.html

Edited by midlifecrisis
she is pretty, very friendly...but a taxi driver only

The last time I went to Pattaya from the airport was in April. I caught the bus from the level below arrivals, door 7 I think it only cost 106 Baht, dropped me off on the junction of Sukhumvit and South Pattaya road, got a motorbike taxi to Soi VC for 40 Baht. the journey took 1 hour 40, airport to room

The last time I went to Pattaya from the airport was in April. I caught the bus from the level below arrivals, door 7 I think it only cost 106 Baht, dropped me off on the junction of Sukhumvit and South Pattaya road, got a motorbike taxi to Soi VC for 40 Baht. the journey took 1 hour 40, airport to room
Yes my TGF came back from the airport cheaply recently.

I had told her to look out for Bell, but at the same location someone sidled up to her and told her it was expensive.

Left from the same area, was 124 baht, and from the Reung Ruen company.

The bus was going on to Jomtiem Beach but dropped her conveniently on Sukhumvit.

Edited by jacko
If your flight times are right then try http://www.belltravelservice.com/

I have always used Bell Bus. Leave every 2 hours during the day from Level 1, Gate 7. Cost is now THB200. Takes you to Pattaya North Bus Station, then you are transferred to a mini bus to take right to your hotel, at no extra cost.

You can pre book on their web site.

Cheers

Tony

Roong Rueng runs until 9pm.

• 4 weeks later...

I've have been quite happy with http://www.thelimopattaya.com/. They charge 1,200 Bht--airport to hotel in Pattaya. I know there are cheaper ways to get there, but the hassle reduction is worth a premium after 20 hours travel. And I can confirm they do wait if your flight is delayed. On August 5, my flight from Koh Samui was six hours late because of the accident there the day before. After that delay, I was very glad to see the driver holding a sign with my name.

Edited by nkped
If your flight times are right then try http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Im thinking of trying bell travel this time. My flight arrives at the airport at 16:40. If i remember correctly from my last visit i should have plenty of time to get the 18:00 Bell bus. Would i be correct in assuming this?

Cheers

simo

I've have been quite happy with http://www.thelimopattaya.com/. They charge 1,200 Bht--airport to hotel in Pattaya. I know there are cheaper ways to get there, but the hassle reduction is worth a premium after 20 hours travel. And I can confirm they do wait if your flight is delayed. On August 5, my flight from Koh Samui was six hours late because of the accident there the day before. After that delay, I was very glad to see the driver holding a sign with my name.

I have used this company many times. Overall I would grade them a B+.

The cheapest way would be to walk. It might take you a bit, but at least you would save 1,500 - 2,000 baht. That's 4 ST's in with the old fuglies that BigD fucks.

You could take the bus. Not sure how much it costs though? There is one that leaves every hour to Pattatya. It might be something like 250 baht or so? I heard it's not so bad. Again, saves money.

There are numerous cheap charlie ways to get to and from. Why not advertise to chare a taxi to Pattaya with 20 other members, so you only have to pay 100 baht?

last trip i took the bus and it ran me i believe 200 baht.

Im thinking of trying bell travel this time. My flight arrives at the airport at 16:40. If i remember correctly from my last visit i should have plenty of time to get the 18:00 Bell bus. Would i be correct in assuming this?

Cheers

simo

No reason why not (especially with the poor numbers passing thru swampy), & if you miss it youve still got all the usual options.

I use them whenever possible, price is great (but not my primary concern), time to Patts usually quicker than the damned taxis anyway :P. Coupled with no detours for PeePee / LPG whatever, no bleating for tolls/parking fees/tips, and Bell can actually transport a bit of luggage with ease.

I like to cut my hassels if possible

Making a reservation with someone is on the "hassle and potential problem list"

I grab my carry on

Exit baggage claim

Walk all the way to the right

Elevator to Departure level

Grab a taxi direct to Pattaya

Agree on 1200 before including tolls

I write on a piece of paper, show it to him so it does not change

Always include a pit stop at the mid way point for a coffee and pee

Do i get beat up cars and scary drivers?

1) i see the care before i get in

2) scary drivers..... rarely :)

For a car service they are about the same cost as others and cheaper by 1/3 over Secrets.

I am bookmarking them for future reference.

I agree with you and Bill Wilson that after a long flight (and for me a long work day and evening before the flight) it is great to have transportation pre-arranged. By the time I get to my hotel in Pattaya it has been at least a 36 hour day with minimal sleep on the airplane. I don't want to deal with any more than looking at the scenery.

• 4 weeks later...
I like to cut my hassels if possible

Making a reservation with someone is on the "hassle and potential problem list"

I grab my carry on

Exit baggage claim

Walk all the way to the right

Elevator to Departure level

Grab a taxi direct to Pattaya

Agree on 1200 before including tolls

I write on a piece of paper, show it to him so it does not change

Always include a pit stop at the mid way point for a coffee and pee

Do i get beat up cars and scary drivers?

1) i see the care before i get in

2) scary drivers..... rarely :)

Good advice