Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

your favourite place to stay

when you come to Pattaya, where is your chosen place to stay

so far i stayed at woodlands resort, a lovely place but not guest friendly

Dusit Resort once again lovely place but came with my ex wife and daughter, but bloody expensive, great pools

Sunbeam i been here three times, the last time they were upgrading the rooms, so was very dusty, also its a time when another hotel was being built behind and the piles were being hammered in the ground, i met my mate codhead here. Sunbeam soi 8 is charging if i can remember 600 baht joiner fee

eastiny soi8

not to bad but in need a little revamp but no joiner fee and nice pool

eastiny 7

no joiner fee, pool overlooking soi 7, bloody noisy at night with heavy base thumping out till 4 am, when you leave or return to the hotel you walk past a ladyboy gauntlet, these can be a fucking pain at times, Our friend from Belfast, always polite and laughing was approached by one of the ladyboys which he declined, " i hate you, i want kill " you was the reply then it picked up an ashtray as if to throw. Don`t need this shit on holiday

as you can gather, i am not completely happy with my choice of accommodation, so please where is your choice, i do like a pool though

Edited by berettakid

Soi Diana. The 1 Bedrm suites at LK Renaissance or the more reasonable Areca across the Soi. Stayed at the Evergreen wing Areca but find it tucked to far back in the complex.

LT stay -Residence Gardens . On Walking street - Secrets.

Il always stay at either the Drunken Duck or The Rockhouse from now on Both have massive rooms air con wi fi , safe and a big fridge to keep all my beers in :deal :chogdee -_- -_- -_-

cheers Villa, if i come with vika my ukraine lady i will stay in a family hotel in Russian area, if i come on my own with you and codhead i will try drunken Duck mate :rolleyes:

My first choice has been the Queen Vic as the rooms are big and good, in room safe, good wifi, the bathroom has a proper shower cubicle, access is good at night and no joiner fee. Oh, and it's on Soi 6. :rolleyes:

Glyn.

Edited by GlynRhedyn

Stayed at Secrets, Pattaya Bay Resort and LK Metropole. Secrets was good for a walking street location and PBR was good for a LK Metro location and their pool. Would recommend both.

I Stay at the Canterbury Tales because they are down to earth guys and a lot of regulars everyday and a great laugh especially from the big man himself, the rooms are a good price and large, clean, everything works and if anything arises Dave or the staff are quick to sort it.

The food is good, the bookshop is a great idea, the location is good too and no hassle from bar girls as there is no bar.

You always know its doing well by the fact that its always booked up well in advance.

I am also an Areca Lodge fan.

Decent rooms, guest friendly, good location and if you can be bothered a good breakfast too.

I just had green chicken curry and some pork with oyster sauce!

The usual Western stuff is available which includes decent back bacon.

Now off to one of the two pools.

I have been staying at Le Katai for a number of years now. I know the now (ex owner, Andy, and new own Danny) both good guys.

It is well situated on Lenkee, the rates are very reasonable, the new part is very nice inded and last time in June I had the suite. Staff very firendly, the food downstairs is excellent and there is a handy entrance via an alleyway to both sides of the building rooms. I is very laid back there. OK its not 5 star, but I have absolutely no complaints and will continue to stay there. Its very easy to book, via email and I always get a response from Danny within 24 hours. They get quite busy as times, especially over xmas, so best to book in advance. They do not have a pool, but then there is Opey De Pace right opposite and a couple of other hotels that let non guests use their pools for a small fee.

I guess I'll plug in for Residence Garden as the value for the baht is hard to beat. 1 bedroom suite, balcony, 2 AC units, very quiet at night even for rooms facing the pool and street. Maybe too quiet. Very convenient to Walking Street especially for me who rides a motobike.

Sabai Empress was pretty good as well for 1250 baht last I stayed there late April. Hotel room had a nice Western feel to it, very new and elegant, but no balcony.

The RG is ok if your riding a bike. But late at night I didn't like getting a baht bus..

I enjoyed the Evergreen last trip. Western style with a great pool and decent buffet breakfast. If you go out the back your right at the Avenue Mall. In a hurry they are moto taxi's in back of the mall.

Also, the PBR for those traveling on a budget, off season. Pay 6 nights and the 7th is free. The pool is small and breakfast off a menu. The cool part is there tuk-tuk that takes you to 2nd road for a short walk to Walking Street or Soi Bukkow (spel).