Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Why you may think Thais are stupid

Since I work for the US governement and get paid every 2 weeks I know exactly how many weeks there are in a year and that 52 is not it. Every so often we get paid 27 times:-)

2010 was an example of the 27 payments in a year for me

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know anyone who pursues and pays for male Thai company (admittedly with a few doubtfuls who like cocks with frocks), but where the females are concerned, I suspect that most of us are less int

Looking back through the topic I am intrigued. So much so that I Googled the topic of “The company we keep “. If the Thai's are so dopey and stupid why do so many of us pursue and pay for their compa

Well, to one of the points of the OP's post, different strokes for different folks, the Yanks tend to go Month-Day-Year. So for a Yank, the numeric date of 11/1/2011 is November 01, 2011 whereas for h

Since I work for the US governement and get paid every 2 weeks I know exactly how many weeks there are in a year and that 52 is not it. Every so often we get paid 27 times:-)

26 pay periods equals 364 days. There are 365 days in a year and every 4th year 366, so about every 11 years I would get 27 checks when I was working for DOD.

Thais are stupid because they think that we are. They think we don't know about their little scams. And when they're pulling one. And, after just 2 days of sex profess their undying love. And, oh, do I want to buy a bar. Only one million Baht.

A quote from a Waiter: "no have Steak, have Beef." Then served fish.

OK so Thais can survive in the Jungle and we couldn't. So can Monkeys.

Of course they are, I told the dopey cow not to leave the coffee cup on the step, need a new one now!

I often get a laugh from well traveled, educated and worldly farangs telling me how stupid and conniving their Thai girlfriends are. Their rants usually end when I mention the fact that the ladies were smart enough to take them to the cleaners. Quite often things are not quite what they seem.

It started with a friend of mind lamenting that his Thai girl was stupid. Why? Well he was paying her 5,000 baht a week and she suggested to him she would prefer to get 20,000 baht lump sum a month.

So,

He pays her 20,000 a month

He pays the rent

He pays for food

He pays for water

He pays for Electricity

He pays for all the incidentals

He pays for everything else that crops up

And he was lamenting that his Thai girl was stupid, she seems fairly clever to me :whistling:

So,

He pays her 20,000 a month

He pays the rent

He pays for food

He pays for water

He pays for Electricity

He pays for all the incidentals

He pays for everything else that crops up

And he was lamenting that his Thai girl was stupid, she seems fairly clever to me But her asking him for less surprised him!

But considering the amount he sees fit to give her, he may not be firt to judge 'levels of 'stupidity' . (I have skipped over the 'friend' claim as they are normally untrue! :P

Maybe she is cleaver in different way that has come up yet?

If she gets large sum of money once a month, she can buy something valuable, getting paid once a week she spends faster and is possibly unable to save any money. just a thought.

Well to be honest PP your example just made me think yep, they are dumb!

But I did have a similar instance when I was a young smartass (not young anymore) with my girlfriend's mother who thought she was quite the business person...

I asked would she prefer a wage increase of £10/month, or one of £150/ year. She got it wrong with the latter.

Perhaps it is just women who are thick.

Is this a trick post to see if any of the Clever Farangs would pick up on it ??

If she answered with the latter £150 a year, then she would have been correct, as it is more than 12 x £10.00 = £120

If she answered with the latter £150 a year, then she would have been correct, as it is more than 12 x £10.00 = £120

Heh. Sometimes it's better to remain silent..... and so on.

Heh. Sometimes it's better to remain silent..... and so on.

Yes Joe, I did throw the bait and one always swims by.!
Yes Joe, I did throw the bait and one always swims by.!

The other thing is, though, that it's nowt to do with being Thai - or so it seems.

The other thing is, though, that it's nowt to do with being Thai - or so it seems.

Hell no....

Although living here I do see a lot of examples of Thai stupidity, or what I try to interpret as 'lazy brains' or a refusal to apply oneself.

Generally I am not far off an aircraft to have the same impression of other Nationalities though, and for the days I do not travel, I watch the BBC!

• 13 years later...

I've lived and worked on every continent in the Northern Hemisphere. Only in Thailand have I encountered Grab drivers who do not know how to operate either a motor vehicle or a mobile communication device. That's far beyond individual stupidity or laziness. That's a snapshot of systematic slow-motion societal failure of the educational, political, and social systems. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I guess that the question that follows your comments is why bother coming here?

Interestingly sites such as this were full reports of stupid Brits during Songkran trying to knock people off their scooters with water cannon.

Sent from my CPH2477 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I tend to agree with Jacko about the Lazy Brain thing. Or an old post here of a BM going to a restaurant, orders, 20 minutes later ,Where?, sorrow not have . OK I'll have the Eggs, 20 min later, Where? Sorry not have. "Well what do you have?" Sorry Kitchen not open, Cook not come today". They don't like to say no or especially not admit they don't know where they are driving. My second trip here I made sure the driver knew Pattaya, we arrive here and he says Where we go? I have got no clue Klang from Nua. Finally got him to stop and speak with a M/C Taxi.   My biggest problem is with Banks, maybe a lesser extent immigration on an individual basis.  Reminds me of making a simple withdrawal , cash a check or Get Tags on my car 30 years ago at the DMV.   But I have traveled at bit for an American and think frequently how crazy lucky I am to be here. Though my wife still has to sternly tell me "Jai Yen!" at times. 

• Upvote 1

I just asked my wife the original question of how many weeks in a year she came back with 48. 
I gave up trying to explain that she was wrong 🤓

I come to the conclusion it’s irrelevant so not worth even thinking about from her point of view which perfectly illustrates the lazy brain syndrome. 
And she is a lot smarter on things than me if they have some relevance to her.

On 1/28/2011 at 2:41 AM, jacko said:

Of course they are, I told the dopey cow not to leave the coffee cup on the step, need a new one now!

Fortunately finding a replacement dopey cow is relatively straight forward :P

• Haha 2

Looking back through the topic I am intrigued. So much so that I Googled the topic of “The company we keep “.

If the Thai's are so dopey and stupid why do so many of us pursue and pay for their company.

Who is the stupid one?

Sent from my CPH2477 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I asked my lady the weeks in a year question, but first started off with something I thought would be easy. Asked her how many hours in a day and got a confused look. Same with minutes in an hour. Days in a week and months in a year she nailed, but weeks in a year, another confused look.

We had a good laugh over it as it doesn't mean she's stupid, it's just something she never was taught. That too isn't surprising because like most rural Thai, her education stopped at age 12.

Where I've seen Thai come across as stupid is from those in leadership positions with supposedly a high level of education. Some of their policies and statements they make are incredibly ill-informed and stupid.

If there is one thing that I think Thai ladies are brilliant at it is this.

OK, you are sitting there in a bar or club. Last night when you were there with the lady love of your life she scared you a little because "Bugger! She's falling in love with me". Everything was smoochy, romantic and bloody sexy.

Now it's tonight. There she is but sitting with another guy. Shock! Horror! She is nibbling his ear, kissing, fondling and they look like a very happy couple. She won't even acknowledge your humble existence.

I trot out my version of Nakh sadeng ying, actress, when I see her again but really she deserves an Oscar for the performance she delivers night after night. I sort of see it as a "One Man Woman" : at a time, that is.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A matter of performance by management but when you order the special in a restaurant and you get a look of blank incomprehension or of terror.