Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

well...do you like it?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dont like change unless there was a purpose,Was there a purpose?

I f**kin' hate it MM. As said before the first time i saw it i thought i had logged on to Addicts. I know you are a very smart guy Martin so im sure there is a real good reason behind the change but please, at least retain the same colour as the old board. Cheers

The purpose for the change was to move to the current supported version of the forum software.

The purpose for the change was to move to the current supported version of the forum software.

It was logical, as the old software is no longer supported.

PL changed over a few weeks back, and there was a bit of resistance at first, posts were down for a few days, but most folk of gotten used to it now, and got around some of the layout changes, and been supported with their questions. I have been using it regularly for a few weeks, and I must say, that there are a lot of things that I prefer. It does take a while to sharpen it up and adjust some of the settings, but it is worth the wait IMO. The graphics are better and the new software allows adds and banners to look much better. You tube posting is so much easier, and it looks like nearly all forums have gone over to the new software. Secrets have resisted, but it will come in time.

Windows XP will not be supported after 2014. I use it and have resisted W7 but in the end, we will have to go with the Software companies, that drive the business, like it or not.

So for me, its a thumbs up, No one likes change, but we also adapt quickly too.

Maybe once I get use to it. How do I navigate to see my PM's?

Beside your name at the top right of the screen, you will see a downward arrow. Click on it and you will get a menu which includes PMs.

People kicked off with that facebook shite when it had a new look, i bet more users than ever use facebook now.

A few are saying "is this another forum addicts ect", its not the look of a forum that makes a forum what it is, its the users and how the board is adminstered. Give it time.

Only 1 true downside I see to this version. Unless I have overlooked it, there is no one click option to get to the top of a page when you're in a thread.

Some threads have lots of photo and text and that was a convenient button to have at one's disposal.

I tried to give a post a positive vote, but the software said I had already used up my votes for the day, even though I'd never tried to do that before.

Only 1 true downside I see to this version. Unless I have overlooked it, there is no one click option to get to the top of a page when you're in a thread.

One-key option. Press "Home"

I tried to give a post a positive vote, but the software said I had already used up my votes for the day, even though I'd never tried to do that before.

That is now fixed.

I guess for me, I need that "view new posts" tab on the first page....guess I am getting older and should understand...I am so confused! :grin-jump

It's there, just very small. Upper right of the page above the ads.

That is now fixed.

It's there, just very small. Upper right of the page above the ads.

Yes!...I see it....I have my orientation back...Now the everying makes sense to me! :grin :grin :grin :grin

Like many have said before me, preferred the old one, but it's what you get used to and the old software seemed to work fine and do the required job. But again, I'm sure there are reasons for the progression and no doubt in the fullness of time we shall all get used to the new format. :chogdee

Has got a Pattaya-Addicts feel...but that does give it a more modern look. Could do with some tweaking to differentiate it from the other board.

Incidently, Bryan was quoted as saying his board costs 27,000 baht a month to run on a dedicated server...

"Addicts sends out 30,000 emails per day, 80,000 page views per day, 67 gigs worth of photos, 2 gig plus database.. Its got its own dedicated server".

That seems a hell of a lot of money to me.

"Addicts sends out 30,000 emails per day, 80,000 page views per day, 67 gigs worth of photos, 2 gig plus database.. Its got its own dedicated server".

pants.jpg

That seems a hell of a lot of money to me.

Yeah, I send out 125,000 emails a day and run 27 websites with a total of 8.7 terabytes of views per hour and it only costs me 52,000 baht a day.

See how easy it is to make up numbers? I don't do any of that stuff, either.

Edited by joekicker

LOL @ Poll, sif you have a choice, the forum software had to be updated as the old was no longer supported, hence all the forums are updating, do I like the new software, no not really but I have little say in the matter so will have to just adjust.

Yeah, I send out 125,000 emails a day and run 27 websites with a total of 8.7 terabytes of views per hour and it only costs me 52,000 baht a day.

See how easy it is to make up numbers? I don't do any of that stuff, either.

Are you really suggesting someone who has a pattaya run business would be dishonest?

On a serious note....i can only see 2 reasons for exaggerating/lying.

1. 'Bigging' yourself up (doesn't come across an egotist)

2. For financial gain (can't see how 'high costs' can improve the perception of a business or give it greater value)

I've just thought of a third.

3. To stop people thinking you're loaded and asking for loans (you have high outgoings..."sorry can't help you")

Guest poker_face

This new version allows you to register with all your old emails.

The same as when p-l switched over.So if one was a banned member & couldn't be arsed registering new email addy's to join this forum,just use your old ones.

I've registered 9 times already. :thumbup

I hate it. But all forums are the same. One day they will bring out retro looks!

Searching is difficult. And I keep getting unsubscribed from threads.

And I hate all that " sign in with facebook, twitter etc" that you get on some forums now. All a mongering / tourist forum should expect is one email address. Not your entire lifes contact details!