Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have been coming to Pattaya for over 6 years now so i have some knowledge of the past and the present.

Is it just me know who seems to think Pattaya does not appear the LOS compared to a few years ago.

Maybe I dont get as good service with a smile as I did in the past as now I have my Thai lady with me when I visit bars compared

to the past when I was single guy in the bars.

Even my lady even says why ladies do not give a good smile to customers as much as when she use to work in Pattaya a few years ago.

In my book good happy service should be given to all customers whether single or with their lady friend,sure boss would also want this.

Also im sure its a good thing for the bar girls give good service to all ,as I am sure not to buy a drink for the staff or leave a tip if I receive

bad service ,smile being friendly costs no money but can bring them money.

Why I notice this so much now is maybe because i seem to get a great LOS greeting when out in my city of Khon Kaen when Me

and my lady is having a night out in the city centre.

Things I have noticed in some of the bars ,if boss not in ,many of the ladies sitting together out side ,looking very bored,on their

telephones ,eating ,ect ,seem to be effort to greet you with a nice smile,nobody seem want to to serve you unless told by somebody

working behind the bar like a cashier.

I like to drink my bottle beer from a small glass ,in this way I can keep a good head on my beer,asking for a small glass seems

a impossible thing ,seems to much effort for them .I have even had a glass bang on a bar given to me with a bad stare.

You may think they dont understand my request ,im sure there do as my Thai lady ask for this for me.Dont get me wrong i do like the Pattaya bars i go to as i see lots of my mates in these bars and still have a great night ,all im saying am I the only person who thinks Pattaya have lost a little of the LOS compare to the past.

Love to hear your experiance of this.

Maybe its Me ,now I visit with my Thai lady im no longer a handsum man :kissing

Edited by Dr Mick
  • Upvote 1

Yes I do know how to make the ladies smile straight away and get great service ,ring the bell as soon as I enter the bar.

But i might be old fashion ,I like the smile and good service before giving payment/tips for this.

Like I have said a friendly smile cost nothing for both parties .

You are right.

The once famous Thai smile is seen less frequently, certainly in the GO-GO bars.

Mind you it was often the case in some of the Asian oriented 'Baby' places, like porcelain dolls up there.

But now you are more likely to see a bored expression.

I wonder what is behind it, westernisation of the Thais in general, more pressure on the girls with quotas and the like, fewer girls and hence longer dancing stints?

The respectful 'wai' has been relaced with an open palm looking for a tip. :whistling:

But now and again, catch a girl's eye and make her smile and it is like the sun coming up.

Edited by jacko
  • Downvote 1

6 years ago Mick the place was mobbed with farangs, I have noticed a difference but I wondered if it was as I had stayed there longer ?

Also 6 years on mobile phones, sponsors change is here whether we like it or not..

Many reasons I would say, girls are looking for 2 week millionaires or guys that can maybe turned into sponsors I would say..

But now and again, catch a girl's eye and make her smile and it is like the sun coming up.

Yes. I blame it on Pattaya. You are right about westernisation and other homogenising, but even in Bangkok raising a smile is not at all difficult.

Pattaya is not the land of smiles, Thailand is.

• Downvote 1

I am mostly stuck with some very good (girl) friends who I have known for years. I see no change whatsoever in their attitude to me...

Even otherwise, I would deffo call it THE LOS

I first landed in Patts in 1996

Edited by sick buffalo

I'm always dreamed about to live in Pattaya... as you know the saying: wish something and you will get it, but in a fucked way... exactly how I feel myself now... a mate summarized it well in an email:

I've been in Pattaya in september this year and noticed dramatic changes of the girls attitude and thai people in general. It's sad but thai culture changing very fast. I didn't see they wear yellow or blue t-shirts anymore to support king on Mondays...? or something... Thai King is very old now and nobody really respect him like before. He was like a God and all Buddhist religion was around that. Now this is something like: Yeah, yeah I know that Thailand have a king, he is the guy on thai money banknotes... ok let's go to McDonalds or eat some pizza! Before I've been in many bargirl’s rooms on Soi Bukhaw etc. and they always did religious stuff like put food to Buddha, candles, praying etc. Now I never saw that. And I think that lowering religious culture made a huge impact on girl’s attitude. No more village type clothes on bargirls and more fashion farang type outfit (I like that of course because they look sexier but their attitude changed too, more and more farang type behaviour). Girls not very eager to stay long time because they need daytime to spend with thai boyfriends. Just look at the shopping malls at daytime... a lot of thai girls with thai boyfriends in restaurants and shops etc.

My september trip to Pattaya seems was like the usual trip... very beautiful girls in room every night etc., but in the end I feel like kind of strange and empty... and now I am not so desperate to come back to Pataya like it was before. Well, we'll see what happens next though. )).

Take it easy, mate blank.gif

• Upvote 1

I think there is no doubt that the Thais attitudes in Pattaya have changed, but to be fair I think a lot of that is a response to the attitudes of a significant proportion of the tourists that the town manages to attract. It's not just a case of the girls being worldly-wise as a result of the internet and access to media devices as some folk claim - if that was the case attitudes would have been negatively impacted across the board and, as Mick highlighted, that isn't the case. Just as Pattaya has a reputation of attracting the worst types of tourists, it also serves as a magnet for some of the worst examples of the general population. If folk are demanding 1k hookers on tap, that's exactly what they're going to get - and everything that goes with it You reap what you sow etc.

On the flip side of the coin, if you're coming from UK (or anywhere else) and all you want to do is get pissed and shag with minimum effort for a fortnight, there's not a lot of serious competition.

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Downvote 2

It's hard to generalize, isn't it? If a particular bar doesn't proved the type of service you want, pay your bill and go somewhere else. If everyone did that, the bad bars would soon be out of business.

It's hard to generalize, isn't it? If a particular bar doesn't proved the type of service you want, pay your bill and go somewhere else. If everyone did that, the bad bars would soon be out of business.

Well by that methodology the bad bars are getting custom so why should they be out of business?

The effort is to get you in there in the first place, you being a newbie tourist.

Just been giving a thought why you do not see this issue as much in Khon Kaen with the bar girls/service given.

In Khon Kean most people drink large bottles of beer in a small glass or Thai whiskey

There is lots of interation with the staff and customers with plenty of smiles,as when your glass is half empty,the ladies are always

refilling your glass.

This is good for customers who feel special because they are being well looked after ,good for bar owner as will sell more beer and keeping all staff busy,good for staff as they get good interaction with their customers ,also will get nice tip ,so win win situation for all.

Would like to see more of this in Pattaya ,mind you im sure there are plenty and bars like this in Pattaya and Im sure these bars are doing very well due to this

Mick do think your outlook has change since you made the move ?

Joe

Joe not sure

But now I have lived in Thailand for over 3 years now, maybe i notice more now than when i was in Thailand on holiday as a 2 week millionaire

Maybe its Me ,now I visit with my Thai lady im no longer a handsum man :kissing

This has a lot to do with it. I've noticed the same in the past when I had steady barfines. You're off limits to the Girls and they're unlikely to make any money off you so they don't bother.

Even just bar hopping with a girl, you won't get any attention unless you know them already. Understandable really. It's why I rarely take a girl bar hopping with me nowadays. It can get boring fast.

• Upvote 1

This has a lot to do with it. I've noticed the same in the past when I had steady barfines. You're off limits to the Girls and they're unlikely to make any money off you so they don't bother.

Even just bar hopping with a girl, you won't get any attention unless you know them already. Understandable really. It's why I rarely take a girl bar hopping with me nowadays. It can get boring fast.

Yes you could be right ,but sure some ladies have got it wrong ,as if ladies was more interactive with all customers for example

talking to me and my lady ,my lady always gets them a drink,.

I do take my lady to Go Gos as she likes to see them dancing and she always gets more eye contact /attention than me :whistling:

I'm always dreamed about to live in Pattaya... as you know the saying: wish something and you will get it, but in a fucked way... exactly how I feel myself now... a mate summarized it well in an email:

I've been in Pattaya in september this year and noticed dramatic changes of the girls attitude and thai people in general. It's sad but thai culture changing very fast. I didn't see they wear yellow or blue t-shirts anymore to support king on Mondays...? or something... Thai King is very old now and nobody really respect him like before. He was like a God and all Buddhist religion was around that. Now this is something like: Yeah, yeah I know that Thailand have a king, he is the guy on thai money banknotes... ok let's go to McDonalds or eat some pizza! Before I've been in many bargirl’s rooms on Soi Bukhaw etc. and they always did religious stuff like put food to Buddha, candles, praying etc. Now I never saw that. And I think that lowering religious culture made a huge impact on girl’s attitude. No more village type clothes on bargirls and more fashion farang type outfit (I like that of course because they look sexier but their attitude changed too, more and more farang type behaviour). Girls not very eager to stay long time because they need daytime to spend with thai boyfriends. Just look at the shopping malls at daytime... a lot of thai girls with thai boyfriends in restaurants and shops etc.

My september trip to Pattaya seems was like the usual trip... very beautiful girls in room every night etc., but in the end I feel like kind of strange and empty... and now I am not so desperate to come back to Pataya like it was before. Well, we'll see what happens next though. )).

Take it easy, mate blank.gif

I really don't know why you bother with Pattaya. If I had a pay for play scene like Budapest in my city in the US, I wouldn't bother making the grueling 24 hour flight to Thailand. But I'm sure you can't have noodle soup parties with the Eastern European girls in Budapest. :D

• Upvote 1

Nothing stays the same sadly. I was thinking about buying a condo in Pattaya, but the appeal has reduced after the last trip as I also felt it was more and more like IBIZA used to be in the eighties...IE no magic.

• Upvote 1

Nothing stays the same sadly. I was thinking about buying a condo in Pattaya, but the appeal has reduced after the last trip as I also felt it was more and more like IBIZA used to be in the eighties...IE no magic.

Dont go then , go somewhere more suited..

Its a great place to live and visit as for magic gone :whistling: Magic is not real, they dont actually saw people half on the stage its an illusion, like a 20 year old falling in love with a guy 60 an illusion, so what enjoy the show you can play in it just make sure a Thai girl dont saw your wallet in half, thats real :clap1

Not sure if Rabbits live in top hats though :clap1 :clap1

• Upvote 1

Why would they ? its a decent and valid point you make, Pattaya is best experienced as a single two weeker, its a great place for longer trips and to reside but its different.

The funny thing the Pattaya bashers still visit :rolleyes: or cant visit, If a guy cant have a relaxing time and a laugh there the issue is with the guy not Pattaya.. :unsure:

Edited by Parkwahn

Joe not sure

But now I have lived in Thailand for over 3 years now, maybe i notice more now than when i was in Thailand on holiday as a 2 week millionaire

The longer you stay, the people know you are an expat you may have a wife , girlfriend, girl you see who other girls call "Wife" ^_^

People change, the world changes but its still a great place to spend time I am never happy leaving, even if only for 3 weeks to go back to UK ....

Pattaya is like a live theatre, :nod :nod :nod

I really don't know why you bother with Pattaya. If I had a pay for play scene like Budapest in my city in the US, I wouldn't bother making the grueling 24 hour flight to Thailand. But I'm sure you can't have noodle soup parties with the Eastern European girls in Budapest. :D

First of all, you are right, no noodle soup parties with the hungarian girls... however you are still right, nowadays the hungarian p4p scene is significantly cheaper, than the Pattaya scene...But for me Pattaya isn't the p4p scene, but the noodle sopup party scene... with a great warm climate, with the freedom I never have to wear underwear and socks... I have 20 t-shirts, 10 shorts ( no one long shirt or long trousers ) and more, than enough... In Hungary I had a 3 floor house I felt myself less comfortable, ( free ) than in my 42 sqm pattaya studio... Pattaya for me is not the p4p industry, but the magic, the illusion... that's why I hate the changes try to turn the magic into the industry... Funny, you posted this today... I had no mood to go to the WS tonight or having a girl at all.. went walk on Jomtien, just having a few beer and observe the environment.... somehow I started to talk with a 20 year old, girl ( tall, tight body, no kids etc ) She was keen to come to my room when I mentioned my neck have a pain... to massage me... after she massaged me already 40 minutes I told her, it's OK... thank you...her reply was: no problem, I can do it more for you... and she did it more 30 minutes, when I decided to fuck her finally..... The best and the most enthusiastic shag on my recent trip... real orgasm from her part too...( checked ) No idea to go home, she recently look some chinese action movie on the TV and calling me back to the bed to masage me... The good old Pattaya experience I liked so much... and true rarely, but still available... ( 300 barfine 1000 LT, no ladydrink was asked... )

If you want pussy on tap, then its great....But " magic " as not pussy bars but as earlier posters remarked something special about being in Thailand.

Trouble is, if some have only been in Pattaya, thats all some people know.

i remember back in the late 90s and early 00,s

the service at bars was very differant to the present

as soon as you sat down at the bar you were given a cold towel that 9 out of ten times the bg who served you would give you

the thai version of a bed bath with it

lateley most bars dont give out towels unless your either a regular or big spender

also remember more food wallahs going bar to bar selling those burger like things with mustard and a bit o bread

we also bought a bottle of sang thip and a few cokes and shared them with the girls

pattaya of the 90s was a great time to be in thailand with 75 to the pound

but them days are gone now as bucks fizz said

• Upvote 1

If you want pussy on tap, then its great....But " magic " as not pussy bars but as earlier posters remarked something special about being in Thailand.

Trouble is, if some have only been in Pattaya, thats all some people know.

Lots to see mate get out to Khon Khean, Nong Kai, Phuket, Samui, Koh Phan Yang , Kanchaburi all great places....

Dont restrict yourself far more than Soi Bukao and Walking st. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: