Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Walked around the soi Buakhao....

Following my sauna session I decided to discover the soi Buakhao area....

I planned anyway to make a hair cut, noticed a shop... the girl smiled wild and invited me... OK, why not ? Usually I use the cosmetic saloon in the condo for 150 baht... in the condo, she makes my hair within 10 minutes, usually lame, but I thought OK, my curly hair maybe a challenge for a thai hairdresser.... In the soi Buakhao shop the girl worked more, than 30 minutes on my hair, asked me 100 times if she was OK etc.... she even shaved my erars, my nose... and asked 70 baht... I gave her 100 baht and a big thank you... walking out to the street she grabbed me and gave me back the 30 baht... when I told her, Ok, it's for you she looked me strange and waied a big....

Entering in a massage saloon ( foot and thai massage: 100 baht, oil massage: 200 baht ) A young girl started my foot massage, but I saked her make it more stronger..... the boss girl ( a pretty one in her 20es ) told her, to leave, she can do it really strong... Chit chatting with her I asked her, how they can survive with those low prices ?? Her reply was surprising: this is a great business to make a lot of money... if 15-20 customers come / day, we make big money... see the math.... in the saloon worked 4 girls.... and the XXI century.... from her laptop sounded the music, she sung with perfect english and with closed eyes... once the song was interrupted.... she mentioned: hm.. the internet is slow today...

Soi Honey inn & Chayapoon.... the same prices for the massages... a really looker begged me to having an oil massage " to take care me "... :whistling: Sorry, I don't want.... She: 500 baht all in all..... Walking by a food cart a young, pretty girl waied me and : sawatdee khaa... OK... I was lame and shy... walked forward...

Ordered a fried rice with pork.... 35 baht....and better, than my same food for 70 baht in the condo... no tip was expected...

All in all the area looked me innocent by the cretin internet tourists and the asian swarming.... somehow slow and local... I liked it... I will be back....

Edited by Gabor

All in all the area looked me innocent by the cretin internet tourists and the asian swarming.... somehow slow and local... I liked it... I will be back....

Us internet cretins :rolleyes: , have been staying there for years. It's known as a cheap charlie area. You usually attack me for staying there???

The rents of the businesses are cheaper and therefore it's cheaper than WS. However, you get what you pay for. I would guess it's the same in Budapest with the main tourist drags being more expensive than the quieter places.

Us internet cretins :rolleyes: , have been staying there for years. It's known as a cheap charlie area. You usually attack me for staying there???

The rents of the businesses are cheaper and therefore it's cheaper than WS. However, you get what you pay for. I would guess it's the same in Budapest with the main tourist drags being more expensive than the quieter places.

I prefer “savvy non LDOP” :rolleyes:

I rented a room here about five years ago and got to know the area very well. Now its a popular hang out for me, the prices are good, there is most everything you need, even gogo bars now, and its not a popular hang-out for the tattooed holiday crowd. You have a huge choice of accommodation in all price ranges, the transportation is good, and you can easily walk down to the beach front and the shopping centres, it makes good sense to stay in the area.

I planned anyway to make a hair cut, noticed a shop... the girl smiled wild and invited me... OK, why not ? Usually I use the cosmetic saloon in the condo for 150 baht... in the condo, she makes my hair within 10 minutes, usually lame, but I thought OK, my curly hair maybe a challenge for a thai hairdresser.... In the soi Buakhao shop the girl worked more, than 30 minutes on my hair, asked me 100 times if she was OK etc.... she even shaved my erars, my nose... and asked 70 baht... I gave her 100 baht and a big thank you... walking out to the street she grabbed me and gave me back the 30 baht... when I told her, Ok, it's for you she looked me strange and waied a big....

Entering in a massage saloon ( foot and thai massage: 100 baht, oil massage: 200 baht ) A young girl started my foot massage, but I saked her make it more stronger..... the boss girl ( a pretty one in her 20es ) told her, to leave, she can do it really strong... Chit chatting with her I asked her, how they can survive with those low prices ?? Her reply was surprising: this is a great business to make a lot of money... if 15-20 customers come / day, we make big money... see the math.... in the saloon worked 4 girls.... and the XXI century.... from her laptop sounded the music, she sung with perfect english and with closed eyes... once the song was interrupted.... she mentioned: hm.. the internet is slow today...

Soi Honey inn & Chayapoon.... the same prices for the massages... a really looker begged me to having an oil massage " to take care me "... :whistling: Sorry, I don't want.... She: 500 baht all in all..... Walking by a food cart a young, pretty girl waied me and : sawatdee khaa... OK... I was lame and shy... walked forward...

Ordered a fried rice with pork.... 35 baht....and better, than my same food for 70 baht in the condo... no tip was expected...

30 baht tip for a 70 baht haircut!!!!!!!! LDOP spoiling it for the rest of us.

I agree. This is a great area.

For me the best part of the area is the ease of getting there and back. Baht bus from Buakaou drops you near in Second Road near Walking Street and return bus from Second Road drops you off at Kiss on Soi Diane.

The Tuesday /Friday market is perhaps the best place in Pattaya to buy just about anything.

Soi Lenkee and Soi Chiapuhm also have some great food.

30 baht tip for a 70 baht haircut!!!!!!!! LDOP spoiling it for the rest of us.

:clap1

But really, thanks to Gabor for this information.

70baht + the tip is good value for a 30minute haircut, and 100 baht for a foot massage is

good value too, i have stayed in the LK Metropole a few years back and didn't spend enough

time in that area, a thing i intend to rectify this Xmas.

5 weeks today to wheels up :D

For two years, I lived in an apt off Soi Buakow, but moved 6 months ago to Pattaya Klang. I still go to Buakow for my 70 baht haircuts, 100 baht foot/Thai massages, 200 baht oil massages (w/500-700 baht extras), a drink in one of the beer bars or a good Thai meal in one of the restaurants (Soi Leng Kee has many inexpensive Western restaurants), before going to the Walking Street for the night entertainment. The bars and gogos are Ok, but WS still has better and more of them, but Buakow has many inexpensive guesthouse options for LT barfines and out-of-town visitors.

Predominantly Western punters, but I often see tour groups of Indians get dropped off at the 'soapie' on Soi 21 between Buakow and 3rd Road who then try to find their way back to the tourist areas. New beer bar complexes being built in southern end of Buakow.

It's a different place to hang for awhile, especially if you're on a budget and I agree with the other poster that Tues/Fri market is also pretty encompassing for Pattaya (but dissimilar to the weekend mammoth market in Bangkok). Also note that the baht buses going south on Buakow usually go West on Pattaya Tai to 2nd Road (closest corner to WS) except on Tues/Fri during the market when all traffic is required to go East on Pattaya Tai (so just get off at Pattaya Tai, walk across the street and catch another baht bus going West towards 2nd Road and Walking Street).

Enjoy.

Edited by losgrad

i remember when there was not many farang down there. there was no reason to go as such.

no budget hotels, no gog gos etc. in fact there was one big reason to go - a lot of bg's lived in cheap accom there. but no one went for that. unless their bg took them.

that's how i ended up down there. and the night market.

basically no one went there hardly.

now you've reasonably priced accom, lots of food choices, walking distance to bars.

i like the food carts that set up at night around buakhao and diana. bird curry i had last time. with veg and rice. real chaep but delicious.

there's all you could want there.

one of my ex's sister/bro in law lived down there and they'd be surprised by the changes.

Hi,

Been going there, Tue. and Fri., market for about ten years. Get all my clothes and other things there. Very good. The only thing was that after about 15muins. It was to hot for me, I had all i needed by then, so told the wife to do the shopping and i would sit outside, in other words in the front of a bar, nursing a cold beer, and watching life go by. I'm sure you all know how long it takes ladies to shop.

Hi,

Been going there, Tue. and Fri., market for about ten years. Get all my clothes and other things there. Very good. The only thing was that after about 15muins. It was to hot for me, I had all i needed by then, so told the wife to do the shopping and i would sit outside, in other words in the front of a bar, nursing a cold beer, and watching life go by. I'm sure you all know how long it takes ladies to shop.

There is a coffee bar on the side of the temporary market on the Pattaya Tai side. This seems to be popular with the expats and has great coffee and Danish pastries. I always spend time there.

Predominantly Western punters, but I often see tour groups of Indians get dropped off at the 'soapie' on Soi 21 between Buakow and 3rd Road who then try to find their way back to the tourist areas.

Is this a new Soapie :clueless

Is this a new Soapie :clueless

Yes, it's the Honey Massage (soapie). I did a report on it a while ago right after it opened. I had a good time. I've heard it's gone downhill since, but don't have firsthand information that's current.

First time I went there was 2003. The girl I was with had to go to a dress shop to pick up her loy krathong dress. I had never heard of buakhao and it was a 99% Thai street full of mom and pop shops. I don't recall seeing falang guesthouses or beer bars in the middle section around soi honey/diana. I don't think soi LK Metro existed either. Buakhao was busy but not like nowadays.

If I'm reading this OP correctly, one of the biggest self confessed cheap charlie's of all time has only just discovered Soi Buakow? :clueless

Words fail me. :party

I was thinking the same thing.

Gabor has been a member of this board since Feb 03. Did it really take him 7 years to discover the Soi Bukao area? :clueless

Of course he's been pretty busy during those 7 years, dishing out advice on all things Pattaya. :whistling:

At this rate he'll make his way to the Dark Side by, oh, maybe 2020? :rolleyes:

Would most appreciate if you could tell us which hair salon it is.

Yes, it's the Honey Massage (soapie). I did a report on it a while ago right after it opened. I had a good time. I've heard it's gone downhill since, but don't have firsthand information that's current.

I know the Honey Massage.

Honey Massage is not located between Soi Bua Khao and Third Road.

I know the Honey Massage.

Honey Massage is not located between Soi Bua Khao and Third Road.

Yes, I reread the original description of the location. That place is PP Massage, and it's not new.