Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

What is more expensive in Pattaya

A NIVEA deodorant here 150-160 baht, in Hungary 60-80 baht.. My recent perfume ( BlackXS - Paco Rabanne ) costs me 8-1100 baht at home, here 3-4000 baht... ( I mean the original )

cant find Nivea on this site but here are our prices for similar product (add 13% tax to these prices)

(one dollar is about 30 baht)

http://www.londondru...s&Sort=0&Page=1

Edited by steamer
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't understand why dairy products ( cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese.... not the TESCO plastic made fruit flavoured yoghurts ) are so expensive .... maybe the milk brands import only milk powd

Sour cream, cottage cheese, honey, pickles are local products made for farangs... interesting to see the high prices of the russian meals, where the ingredients are really cheap... a funny trick.... t

So... my question still have no answers... I can only guess, maybe because the products are targetted the LDOP farangs... just like the wonton soup ( 25 baht ) vs. the wontons served without the so

Posted Images

cant find Nivea on this site but here are our prices for similar product (add 13% tax to these prices)

(one dollar is about 30 baht)

http://www.londondru...s&Sort=0&Page=1

the 5.99 CAD + tax Adidas deo costs 90 baht brutto in Hungary...

EDIT: Even less... ( 1 THB = 7.5-8 HUF )

http://www.argep.hu/...Adidas-deo.html

Edited by Gabor

I haven't found deodorants and other similar imported products like toothpaste and hair colouring etc. to be more expensive in the LoS for identical goods.

Strange.... I find decent disposable razors hard to come by and shaving gel more expensive than UK with it's big VAT hit.

Toothpaste is cheaper, hair coloring...how the fuck would I know, ask a gay guy.

Edited by jacko

I'll give you a hand. All beef from medium quality up

Being from Aus I only buy Aus meats out here, cost wise I don't really care but just recetly I had my mum out for a visit and she commented that Aus meat is cheaper here than in Aus.

Bundy Rum is more expensive out here though.

Edited by Fondles

1. Booze, pretty much across the board. There is some very inexpensive beer in Thailand, but the US too. The taxation rate in the US on alcoholic beverages is usually much lower than most countries.

2. A good steak. Good meat cost less in the US. And there is a strong argument that it almost impossible to get a really good steak in Pattaya. I do not know much about the rest of Thailand.

Strange.... I find decent disposable razors hard to come by and shaving gel more expensive than UK with it's big VAT hit.

Toothpaste is cheaper, hair coloring...how the fuck would I know, ask a gay guy.

Decent razor blades are cheaper in Big C than what I can usually get 'em for in Canada.

Wouldn't touch the rice picker ones meself.

Oh, and I've been goin' grey since I was 22.

Sales tax is 7%, though you wouldn't know it as it's immedded in the price, unlike the US.

McChicken $1, Soda $1, Med Fry about $2.25, Tax $.25 = about $4.50. Genearally fast food is a little less if you don't get the $1 menu stuff.

I remember Popcorn was very expensive in the store, but alot cheaper in the movies (compared to US movie corn).

Some bars have more expensive drinks, about $6.00 at some places.

Some of the Pattaya mall attractions such as Wax Museum, Ripley's, Haunted Houses, Bowling, 'motion movies' were more expensive as well, though not if you could go in at Thai price!

Alot of things at Central Mall stores. Expensive even for falang! In particular I noticed Toys R Us was almost 50% more expensive.

ATM Fees.

Oh, almost forgot, quality condoms.

Edited by spgfcs

Decent razor blades are cheaper in Big C than what I can usually get 'em for in Canada.

Wouldn't touch the rice picker ones meself.

Oh, and I've been goin' grey since I was 22.

Perhaps my unwillingness to try other brands... whenever I have done that in the past I have always chucked them away and gone back to my Gillette Blue 2s.

When I buy them here they only seem good for a couple of shaves.

On the grey hair..let it go, Richard Gere did and my TGF loves him!

Perhaps my unwillingness to try other brands... whenever I have done that in the past I have always chucked them away and gone back to my Gillette Blue 2s.

When I buy them here they only seem good for a couple of shaves.

On the grey hair..let it go, Richard Gere did and my TGF loves him!

Gillette fusion for me. Didn't buy any as the price was similar and I bought shitloads before hand.

I did buy a wack of Oral B cross action toothbrushes tho.

and the grey. mine kinda looks like this..

Waardenburg-Syndrome.jpg

are you kidding? unless you live in a place like India maybe

uk. Clothes are a lot cheaper in the UK .Always makes me laugh when you read that they were made in Vietnam, and yet cheaper after being shipped thousands of miles and think of all the UK staffing costs.

uk. Clothes are a lot cheaper in the UK .Always makes me laugh when you read that they were made in Vietnam, and yet cheaper after being shipped thousands of miles and think of all the UK staffing costs.

Funny thing... I looked for shorts in the Outlet in the Big C.... and I was shocked to see the label was written in hungarian....

For deodorant and shaving gel, try Boots house brand. Good stuff at a reasonable price

Actually I was looking in Tesco (Laem Chabang) and prices didn't look too bad (slightly cheaper than UK regular shops) and the selection better than it used to be.

What we need here is some 'Pound Shops'... :D

gabor dude, is hungary that cheap??? Where do you live there?

Than i will deffinitely give it a visit in a few months

Recently even the exchange rate in your favor... ( I'm from the most expensive Budapest )

Watching US tv during the NFL season, I noticed ads for Burger King and other fast food outfits.

It seems fast food in US style outlets is a lot more expensive in Thailand...by a factor of 2 or 3.

Starbucks is more expensive in Thailand than the USA too.

I don't patronize these places often...why would anyone?

Starbucks is about the same prices as Korean Starbucks. Haven't been in the States for a while so no chance to compare. McD's here is more expensive than in Pattaya but again, not sure about US prices.