Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best place to get American food in Bangkok

New Orleans is a good place, been around a long time, more pecan pie than apple pie. Love the hurricanes there, very refreshing and lots of alcohol.

I was there this past May and decided to stop in every bar on the way back to my hotel from the town center where they were having a jamboree.

It was only a couple of blocks, but I was well wasted by the time I got back to the hotel, LOL

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since the USA is country of immigrants, its food is the result of input from many cuisines applied to "New World" ingredients. Over the years, popular dishes have changed so much from their original s

Some more dishes that can be considered American because the ingredients or style of preparation originated in what would become the U.S. Despite its Spanish name, chili con carne has little to do wit

Yup, it's one of the best desserts ever. Have you ever had it done the traditional way: not baked, but chilled, with the chemical reaction between the acidity of the limes and the sweetened condensed

Posted Images

The most AMERICAN thing you could come across in BKK is Tony Roma's or Bourbon Street.

Which branch of Tony Roma's are you thinking about? Neither one is very good at all. :clueless

Closed I think. It was very very good, but in an out of the way location.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear that. Sounded like he was an excellent businessman , and it looked great.

Closed I think. It was very very good, but in an out of the way location.

Sorry to hear that. Sounded like he was an excellent businessman , and it looked great. 
Best burger I've had in Thailand!

Sounds like some sort of Amish food brought over by the 'English.'

I'm gonna google it now.

Thanks for your contribution.

Edit in: Yep, just as I thought. Not American food. European.

Actually, the Amish are Swiss not English that's why they speak German. In any case scrapple was invented in America and wasn't brought over. More importantly, it tastes great and it is a travesty that it hasn't traveled outside the mid-Atlantic states.

Previously someone mentioned the food the native Americans ate as Americans. If we want to go back that far, then there are lots of foods that should be considered American. Anything with tomatoes, potatoes, chilies and what Americans call corn (although other corn did exist elsewhere in the world, but that's not what corn meal is made from).

You can get a fair burger at Bully's Pub near Nana Plaza.

I used to think that, but last month the burger I had at Bully's was crap. Another nearby place that used to have decent American food was the Big Mango, but it too has lost the plot. Sad really, it is a race to the bottom for both Bully's and the Big Mango. Seems like both owners just lost interest.

Mcdonalds do a pretty good burger i am told........... :llaugh

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

Actually, the Amish are Swiss not English that's why they speak German. In any case scrapple was invented in America and wasn't brought over. More importantly, it tastes great and it is a travesty that it hasn't traveled outside the mid-Atlantic states.

Previously someone mentioned the food the native Americans ate as Americans. If we want to go back that far, then there are lots of foods that should be considered American. Anything with tomatoes, potatoes, chilies and what Americans call corn (although other corn did exist elsewhere in the world, but that's not what corn meal is made from).

Yes, you're correct. I made a mistake calling them 'English.' That's what they call people that aren't Amish even if they're not from England.

It sounds like something I might like to eat. Why don't you make some and export it to Harrods in London, lol.

Yes, you're correct. I made a mistake calling them 'English.' That's what they call people that aren't Amish even if they're not from England.....

Almost sounds like an insult, similar to a Thai calling a foreigner a Farang even when they know his name.

Why is it that within the U.K. the Irish don't like the English, the Scots don't like the English, and the Welsh down right hate the English?

It has to be more than the food?

:smile:

Why is it that within the U.K. the Irish don't like the English, the Scots don't like the English, and the Welsh down right hate the English?

Do we really want to go there--Blue painted picts and all that? If we do, we will have difficulty feeling superior to the people in the Balkans squabbling about what happened 600 years ago or the folks in the Middle East feeling aggrieved about the Crusades.

I remember going to a cafeteria in Scotland and there were only two choices. Shepard's pie and beef strogenof.

Wot, no mince and tatties.... or perhaps that was yesterday and is in the 'pie' today.

Almost sounds like an insult, similar to a Thai calling a foreigner a Farang even when they know his name.

Because the English beat all of them at football.

Is this a good subject, you being an American?

Edited by jacko

Yes, but to be fair, they provide some sort of balance. They hate everyone else - fellow Brits, ghastly, ungrateful Europeans, arrogant Yanks, Africans, Asians it doesn't matter. :smile: Oriental and South American hookers are the obvious exceptions, and even those anomalies are under threat these days. :tits: :tits:

You can get a fair burger at Bully's Pub near Nana Plaza.

I was a little surprised that no one had mentioned Bully's before. They do very well with beef and it's a short walk from Nana Plaza. I was quite disappointed with the Tony Roma ribs. I have only been in there once and have not gone back. Maybe they had an off day.

Mcdonalds do a pretty good burger i am told........... :llaugh

Given they have around 1200 restaurants in the UK. They must be doing something right. Personally, I prefer Burger King.

Edited by BigDUSA

The Romans had the right idea - they built Hadrians Wall - for the Irish there was the Irish Sea whilst with the Welsh there was Offa's Dyke - Having said that , I served with all three and never had any bad experiences - in fact , some are still close friends - I even like Americans !

Edited by ozibill

Why does most of the World population hate the USA :clueless

Yes, but to be fair, they provide some sort of balance. They hate everyone else - fellow Brits, ghastly, ungrateful Europeans, arrogant Yanks, Africans, Asians it doesn't matter. :smile: Oriental and South American hookers are the obvious exceptions, and even those anomalies are under threat these days. :tits: :tits:

Don't forget Muslims.