Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Airport pickup options

On the West Coast of the U.S. you can catch a flight that leaves around midnight or 01:00 and arrives at BKK between 10:30 and Noon (+1).

As to V.I.P. treatment there is, or use to be, a hotel.... somewhere in the 13s.... that offered a package complete with hanky-panky. IIRC, it was the Penthouse. I've never heard a good word about the hotel, but some have reported they enjoyed the trip from the airport.

Edited by Samsonite
  • 1 year later...

I was informed by my driver that Mr Toom died early in August with liver problems at 49.

His son and a partner have taken over the business and no changes of contact details. As usual I booked for my pickup on arrival at Swampy via email, no problems. You have to accompany the driver to the car park and maybe shuffle vehicles to get out but that is standard. Fare from airport to Pattaya area 1200 baht, including all, ie his parking, and the now 100 baht motorway toll. New vehicle this time.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
  • 10 months later...

I chatted to a lady on Thaifriendly who said she would pick me up from airport for 1200.  We exchanged Line details. Yesterday she was waiting in car park till I came out then picked me up outside entrance 5. No messing around with changing cars.

Nice to talk to, small and slimish, face was ok not beautiful,  45 years old which is in the age range I like.  I didnt try to bed her as I wanted to wander around pattaya alone on my first night. But I may get her to take me to a resort in Rayong and have her stay with me. 

8 hours ago, yorta2 said:

"slimish'??  ? Really!

Yes. 147cm 4ft 9.  45kg  99lbs.    So not skinny but definitely not fat.

Do you have a problem with slimish as a descriptor?

Last time we arrived in the middle of the day at Don muang caught the train to the bus station and bus to Pattaya 160 baht that was an adventure, plus 100 baht for baht bus in Pattaya

This time arriving in the late afternoon on Teelack's recommendation have book PT Taxi and promptly confirmed 1400 baht from Don Muang.

Thanks @teelack

Edited by aussiechic
1 hour ago, yorta2 said:

No Mate, but 'slimish' (to me) means a bit slimy. I would have used 'sliimmish'.

My apologies for my spelling. She was definitely not slimy in any way. A nice lady doing her best to earn an honest living. We discussed all sorts of things and she was neither sucking up nor trying to get more money out of me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 9/5/2016 at 4:04 PM, keyman said:

Try Nams taxis. I've used her a few times and she or her drivers are always on time for me. Good drivers, not racers, 1200Baht

KM

Yes.  Official name on Facebook and messenger is:  Nam’s Taxi Lady Drivers Pattaya

I tend to switch between Nams and PT Taxis, they're as good as each other and no complaints. PT Taxis will often stop to refill LPG just outside town though, but it only takes 5 mins.

2 hours ago, Butch said:

I tend to switch between Nams and PT Taxis, they're as good as each other and no complaints. PT Taxis will often stop to refill LPG just outside town though, but it only takes 5 mins.

But you all should get out of the vehicle which is a bit of a drag. Particularly if it is hot and you are still in your travel togs.

I still use Mr Toom... it is his son now as the old boy died. That is pickup and return to Pattaya, the other way I drive myself and the Mrs brings the truck back. Need to do my share destroying the environment!