Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Antminer s9 with power supply from bitmain New in Box @ 31,800 THB

Antminer s9 with power supply from bitmain New in Box

PRICE: 31,800 THB

This is brand new Original Anminer with complete accessories and warranty.

Antminer S9

APW3++ Power Supply Unit

Power Cords

Contact me by my Email: rayanzay@hotmail.com

SPECIFICATIONS:

--------------

Hash Rate : 14TH/s

Power Consumption: 1375W + 7% (at the wall, with APW3,93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)

Power Efficiency: 0.098 J/GH + 7% (at the wall, with APW3,93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)

Rated Voltage: 11.60 ~13.00V

Chip quantity per unit: 189x BM1387

Dimensions 350mm(L) x 135mm(W) x 158mm(H)

Cooling 2x 12038 fans

Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C

Contact me by my Email: rayanzay@hotmail.com

This has gone completely over my head,even after googling what the fuck it was. :ahhgg:

Something to do with 'mining' crypto-currency (Bitcoins), where you expend lots and lots of power to produce something that's worth less than it cost.

• Upvote 1

But what if you have access to a free 24/7 power supply, courtesy of the fucking great power generator where you work?.

Then once the mining has covered the cost of the mining equipment you're into profit.....

Due to the value of bitcoins being so high at the moment many people have been buying PC graphics cards which can be used the mining..... the result has been a shortage in supply and prices have shot up...... I bought 2 new graphics card before xmas and their price has shot up by about 33% in a month!!!

If you look at the Chinese Bit-coin mining complexes, you wouldn't bother with such a small system. They apparently take massive amounts of power so the Chinese locate these mining factories in areas like fast flowing streams to generate their own electricity.

This has gone completely over my head,even after googling what the fuck it was. :ahhgg:

You get a few ants, this machine helps raise them until you have many, then you find an area with gold deposits and they go dig it for you.

They are quite strong for their size.

• Upvote 1

If you look at the Chinese Bit-coin mining complexes, you wouldn't bother with such a small system. They apparently take massive amounts of power so the Chinese locate these mining factories in areas like fast flowing streams to generate their own electricity.

It is said that bitcoin mining uses more electricity than countries these days. Not just some small backwards countries but more than 159 countries.

From the small amount of delving into this I've done it sounds like your mining rig has a very short shelf life as the computations for mining become more and more difficult rendering rigs uneconomical after a while.

If rigs were so profitable why would anyone sell them?

It is said that bitcoin mining uses more electricity than countries these days. Not just some small backwards countries but more than 159 countries.

From the small amount of delving into this I've done it sounds like your mining rig has a very short shelf life as the computations for mining become more and more difficult rendering rigs uneconomical after a while.

If rigs were so profitable why would anyone sell them?

I think you have answered the wrong post. I have no mining rig and no bit-coins. I just happened to view a video showing a large Chinese operation that occupies a large building and generates their own electricity.

I think you have answered the wrong post. I have no mining rig and no bit-coins. I just happened to view a video showing a large Chinese operation that occupies a large building and generates their own electricity.

The first paragraph of my post was in reply to you talking about large operations in bitcoin mining and energy used.

The thread is about the sale of a bitcoin mining rig.

Should I have split my post into two parts?

The first paragraph of my post was in reply to you talking about large operations in bitcoin mining and energy used.

The thread is about the sale of a bitcoin mining rig.

Should I have split my post into two parts?

Two posts would have avoided any confusion.

You get a few ants, this machine helps raise them until you have many, then you find an area with gold deposits and they go dig it for you.

They are quite strong for their size.

Ah,thank you very much for an explanation i can understand. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Even after all the "explanation" I still have no idea about this. How can a computer use so much power its uneconomical? my computer uses minimal power , probably less than £50 a year as my total bill is under £300 a year. Can someone post a link that might explain this process in a manner a luddite like myself might understand.

Even after all the "explanation" I still have no idea about this. How can a computer use so much power its uneconomical? my computer uses minimal power , probably less than £50 a year as my total bill is under £300 a year. Can someone post a link that might explain this process in a manner a luddite like myself might understand.

Most of the time your computer will be running idle. The cost would be quite a bit more it it was running at 100% load.

My PCs run 24/7 at virtually 100% CPU and GPU load - I'm involved in "Distributed Computing" where I donate some of my computational power to scientific research (in particular medical research) running simulations to do with new drugs for cancer, HIV malaria and others. My electric bill is significantly higher than yours.....

I have mined Bitcoin before, but i donated my proceeds to good causes.

One lad I know is "mining" with a one of his PC's running 5 graphics cards.

I should add that most of my electricity is generated by my own solar panels and that keeps my costs down. Can I do this on my standard laptop? and where do you learn ? websites or what?. I used to be connected to SETI years ago and that never seemed to impact my power bill.

Edited by sinbinjack

I should add that most of my electricity is generated by my own solar panels and that keeps my costs down. Can I do this on my standard laptop? and where do you learn ? websites or what?. I used to be connected to SETI years ago and that never seemed to impact my power bill.

As far as I'm aware no you definitely can't mine bitcoin with anything like a "standard" laptop. You may be able to mine some other coins but you are probably looking at making a dollar per week and burning out your laptop very very quickly.

Just call me a Luddite. I am of the opinion that nothing comes from nothing. This is not like owning a mountain or stream that may contain gold, diamonds or other valuable minerals. I'm sorry but I simply can't wrap my mind around a system that gets wealth out of thin air.

Someone gives you a check made out to cash. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it is no good. I believe it is good when I have the cash in my hand.

Edited by Gary