Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

1 hour ago, blue_flag said:

Pedestrian Crossing re-painting and road works at the Walking Street end of Beach Road.

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

It's just somewhere nice for the ambulances to park when they pick(scrape) up the pedestrians who believe traffic will actually stop for them!! 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

4 hours ago, keyman said:

It's just somewhere nice for the ambulances to park when they pick(scrape) up the pedestrians who believe traffic will actually stop for them!! 🤣

I remember standing at Soi Diana and 2nd Road at 7 PM waiting for a gap in traffic to cross 2nd.  Of course there IS a pedestrian crosswalk there but.....

Some tourist from some nation where crosswalks are strictly adhered to is trying to get his wife to walk across with him as if traffic will stop magically when he strides out.  She is terrified and looks at me and I just shake my head and say "wait".  She would not go and he was very angry but they lived.  😇

20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm hoping for another beer bar complex. :D

I had heard one is going up on 3rd..... 

:cluelessAs i recall at one point zebra crossings gave you bonus points.

Double for farangs.🚑

Blue Flag don’t know if you use FB but on there there is A Photographers Thailand group and you do get the odd one or two good shots that would go down well on there imho if your interested it is strictly administered to try and keep the quality high.

• Upvote 1
On 8/21/2024 at 11:06 PM, Bazle said:

One of the new electric Baht buses, with apologies if already posted:

20240821_220258.jpg

20240821_220229.jpg

20240821_220239.jpg

I have seen this several times, mainly standing near Terminal 21, but on each occasion I have not had my camera with me.  

2 hours ago, blue_flag said:

I have seen this several times, mainly standing near Terminal 21, but on each occasion I have not had my camera with me.  

Apparently, there are 12 of them around, so it might not have been the same one.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-launches-electric-baht-buses-to-tackle-long-term-pollution-459186#:~:text=A fleet of twelve electric,and embracing sustainable transit solutions.”

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Bazle said:

DSCF2679-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Ironically, I found this one, on Second Road opposite Terminal 21.  The driver seemed quite flattered that I should want to photograph the vehicle.  The engine underneath the vehicle was pointed out to me by the driver, who was also happy to open the bonnet.  

DSCF2680-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg

DSCF2681-Enhanced-NR.jpg

DSCF2682-Enhanced-NR.jpg

DSCF2683-Enhanced-NR.jpg

DSCF2684-Enhanced-NR.jpg

DSCF2685-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg

DSCF2686-Enhanced-NR-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSCF2687-Enhanced-NR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Bazle  Obviously different vehicles.  I wonder if all have consecutive registration numbers.DSCF2684-Edit-Enhanced-SR.jpg

DSCF2679-Enhanced-NR.jpg

An open challenge to anyone to find the other 10.

Edited by blue_flag

I live in Purmerend a small town 20k north of Amsterdam.The buses are in the process of going all electric,it's a massive improvement.The sooner all motorized traffic is all electric the better.its much much quieter on the street,the main noise is from the tire's and the odd boy racer on the motorbikes,that's a summer problem.The old noisy scooters are being phased out,they have to wear helmets and ride on the roads in towns and cities.The kids are now on the souped up fatbikes they whizz around up to 45k,cue much clutching of pearls and laws to be passed.Go into a bike shop and it's almost only e-bikes.I know some are against going electric but it's going to improve the quality of life for everyone,noise and pollution fre streets.It really is a win win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
11 hours ago, yselmike said:

only e-bikes.I know some are against going electric but it's going to improve the quality of life for everyone,noise and pollution fre streets.It really is a win win.

Yes, you can whiz up behind someone and have their phone away without them hearing you..... beware in London. 

• Upvote 1
On 8/25/2024 at 5:05 AM, yselmike said:

I live in Purmerend a small town 20k north of Amsterdam.The buses are in the process of going all electric,it's a massive improvement.The sooner all motorized traffic is all electric the better.its much much quieter on the street,the main noise is from the tire's and the odd boy racer on the motorbikes,that's a summer problem.The old noisy scooters are being phased out,they have to wear helmets and ride on the roads in towns and cities.The kids are now on the souped up fatbikes they whizz around up to 45k,cue much clutching of pearls and laws to be passed.Go into a bike shop and it's almost only e-bikes.I know some are against going electric but it's going to improve the quality of life for everyone,noise and pollution fre streets.It really is a win win.

I have no issues with the migration to electric replacing ICE.  I never go anywhere farther than 200 miles driving in a day and I am home every night with an enclosed garage I could install a charger unit in.  So I am a perfect candidate for electric and my next vehicle stands a good chance of being electric.

What I take issue with is the mandates forcing the issue on people.  The charging network in the USA is still in it's infancy and some people tow heavy items and/or don't have access to an enclosed garage where they can charge their own vehicle at night.  For them having an electric car would be a problem right now. 

In short, let this change happen organically and because it is a better idea.  Not because of some doom and gloom that the world is ending due to ICE pollution. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Shooter said:

I have no issues with the migration to electric replacing ICE.  I never go anywhere farther than 200 miles driving in a day and I am home every night with an enclosed garage I could install a charger unit in.  So I am a perfect candidate for electric and my next vehicle stands a good chance of being electric.

What I take issue with is the mandates forcing the issue on people.  The charging network in the USA is still in it's infancy and some people tow heavy items and/or don't have access to an enclosed garage where they can charge their own vehicle at night.  For them having an electric car would be a problem right now. 

In short, let this change happen organically and because it is a better idea.  Not because of some doom and gloom that the world is ending due to ICE pollution. 

It is happening organically really.The bit that's being forced is getting the really bad polluters of the street.Thats the diesel vans mostly that are never serviced or maintained,that's a european problem.They need to be forcibly scrapped if necessary.The biggest fable is that the internal combustion engine is going to be outlawed by 2030-2035 that's not true.All the new cars that are being sold now will still be running in 2040 and longer.Some activists and politicians want no new petrol cars to be sold after 2030 that's a wish not a fact.My street is full of parked cars as are the surrounding streets,how they are going to be charged if they were all electric is a mystery.There are electric cars on the street but the only charging station I know of is outside the supermarket.They have just finished the purpose build terminus for the buses for charging, maintenance and parking here in Purmerend.

19 hours ago, jacko said:

Yes, you can whiz up behind someone and have their phone away without them hearing you..... beware in London. 

In this little town I can hear the fast fat bikes coming,probably a bit noisier in London.

5 hours ago, yselmike said:

It is happening organically really.The bit that's being forced is getting the really bad polluters of the street.Thats the diesel vans mostly that are never serviced or maintained,that's a european problem.They need to be forcibly scrapped if necessary.The biggest fable is that the internal combustion engine is going to be outlawed by 2030-2035 that's not true.All the new cars that are being sold now will still be running in 2040 and longer.Some activists and politicians want no new petrol cars to be sold after 2030 that's a wish not a fact.My street is full of parked cars as are the surrounding streets,how they are going to be charged if they were all electric is a mystery.There are electric cars on the street but the only charging station I know of is outside the supermarket.They have just finished the purpose build terminus for the buses for charging, maintenance and parking here in Purmerend.

it is being forced in some states.  Well at least in California.  By 2035 ALL cars and light trucks must be electric or other emission-free design.  Of course they aren't forcing people to junk their 3 year old ICE cars but mandates aren't organic regardless of how long or grandfathered base. 

The actual result of mandates like this and others (can't recall where but they exist in the USA) is to actually turn some people away from electric cars that might otherwise have migrated to one for economy and better tech.  The American psyche doesn't like being told what to do even if "it is good for ya". 

Would be better to allow electric charging networks to mature and the cars improve to the point where it is cool to own one.  We will get there but the mandate is a set back IMO.

• Upvote 1

I was too slow getting the camera out so missed the guy standing on the edge of the platform painting the trim. The only thing keeping him from tumbling backwards into thin air was a rickety bamboo pole across his back.

P8270217.jpg

P8270215.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1