Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Saw a TV Advert for Thailand tourism yesterday.

Watching Sky News, during the ads was one for Thailand tourism, the general gist was that "we're in it together" and "united" but it was definitely aimed at promoting tourism and encouraging people to consider visiting, which is somewhat ironic given there are currently no flights operating for tourists per se.

Is this an indication Thailand might be opening up soon, or merely to increase awareness that certain travellers can visit but only those meeting certain criteria ?, also, no mention of the quarantine.

I was pretty shocked when it came on to be honest.

Just now, Butch said:

Watching Sky News, during the ads was one for Thailand tourism, the general gist was that "we're in it together" and "united" but it was definitely aimed at promoting tourism and encouraging people to consider visiting, which is somewhat ironic given there are currently no flights operating for tourists per se.

Is this an indication Thailand might be opening up soon, or merely to increase awareness that certain travellers can visit but only those meeting certain criteria ?, also, no mention of the quarantine.

I was pretty shocked when it came on to be honest.

In your experience what is the postal service operating like in UK? I'm guessing that you see a doctor, get a certificate, book a flight then post everything to a consulate authorised to issue a visa ...??? What chance is there of fitting everything into the required timeframe for those living too far to visit in person ( and stay overnight) ...??

13 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

In your experience what is the postal service operating like in UK? I'm guessing that you see a doctor, get a certificate, book a flight then post everything to a consulate authorised to issue a visa ...??? What chance is there of fitting everything into the required timeframe for those living too far to visit in person ( and stay overnight) ...??

You probably can't get a Visa from a consulate, but for sure the required CofE will be from the Embassy in London. Haven't read many reports of the process for a non-Thai to get one, but they should start soon as those with Thai wives can apply now. 

Just now, jacko said:

but for sure the required CofE will be from the Embassy in London.

Been there a few times but I was staying in Hounslow at the time so very easy to get in and out but it will be shit if you are living Cornwall etc ...Lets see though ...

On 7/30/2020 at 11:08 AM, Bullfrog said:

To be honest the first class / next day postal services by Royal Mail are very very good indeed. Pretty much anything which is "special delivery" is fully tracked door to door and hitting the mat within the 24 hour timeframe (some areas such as the highlands are exempt due to their distance).

However the scenario above would be very difficult to do, for example let's say your flight is booked,  I know it is possible to get a daily appointment in numerous "clinics" in and around Hounslow, near to LHR for £90+ for a FTF certification (not sure if they will issue C-19 clearance yet as you need to be tested and await results), so that *might* be part of the medical clearance sorted out, however, getting all that tied in with an appointment at the Embassy / consulate or wherever you need to be AND all within the 72 hour timeframe for the C-19 clearance to remain valid, is going to be a very tall order indeed. The way to approach it is to book the flight well in advance, book the embassy appointment for the previous day along with the Medical appointment at one of the private clinics and hope everything works out, oh and also your hotel room, transport and hope that you are in fact C-19 clear on the date in question.

In other words, stay at home.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Airline ticket purchase is the first mandatory requirement (yes I know lol)

Someone posted up full Email on Thaivisa from Thai Embassy London few days ago listing requirements if you're in certain groups. Number 1 book airline ticket before anything else or dont bother proceeding.

Will see if I can track it back and add to thread but only a few days ago

EDITED....Below

Edited by Rawhide2

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you very much for the queries about travelling to Thailand for foreigners and according to the list of categories of travelling purposes that are allowed to enter the country. However, it could be very difficult. We would like to recommend to you postpone it or consider not to travel if not necessary.

You would need to check whether what visa you are required as well as the Certificate of Entry (COE). If you already have the valid visa or re-entry permit, you would still need the COE http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html.

1. We would like you to read the link below carefully

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html
to make sure that you are in one of the categories that are allowed to enter Thailand during the COVID19.

2. You would need the flight before anything else, before applying for the visa and COE. If you do not have the flight to fly, you will waste of time and money applying for Visa and COE.

As you may know that ALL commercial flights are banned to get in to Thailand at the moment UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, some airlines still sell ticket hoping the borders will be opened by when the ticket dated to fly. In fact, Thailand is still closed the borders.

At the moment, there are the REPATRIATION FLIGHTS offered by the airlines that have been arranged specifically to urgent need of people who would really like to travel to Thailand.

The Repatriation flights will be prioritised to Thais but still there are a few seats available for foreigners. The booking could be found on the website or Facebook page of the Embassy as soon as the information becomes available.  

3. The quarantine is also strictly required. For foreigners, you need to book the ASQ (the hotel where the government approved for the Alternative States Quarantine). These spaces are also limited due to the high demand of foreigners from all over the world who would like to enter the country.

Please note that, If you cannot book the hotel on the date of arrival according to the flight date, you will not be able to travel as the COE will identify the flight ticket and the ASQ.

4. Once you have 2 and 3, you can apply for the visa and COE at the same time at

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

If you have everything we required, the visa and COE will be very easy to get approved.

Please note that the insurance covering covid is required to clearly stating that it covers at least 100,000 in Thailand (NOT WORLDWIDE), with your name as a policy holder on the same page. If you do not have this, please make a request to the insurance company to write the letter.

5. All non-Thai passengers are also required to have a Fit to Fly health certificate and a medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), both issued within 72 hours before departure. This is your own responsibility as these 2 documents will have to be presented upon check-in with the airlines and arrival in Thailand.

Thank you very much

Best regards
Consular Officer,
Royal Thai Embassy, London
29-30 Queen's Gate 
London
SW7 5JB
Tel: 02072255500

NOTE NUMBER 2........No idea if those links will work once I copy and paste across

• Thanks 2

Interesting to see that the COVID-19 insurance policy has now changed to specify Thailand in the wording! Your Emirates free insurance isn't going to cover you for Thailand then!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, firth1974 said:

Interesting to see that the COVID-19 insurance policy has now changed to specify Thailand in the wording! Your Emirates free insurance isn't going to cover you for Thailand then!

There has been a change though from the Embassy on number 5

Previously those fit to fly certificates and Covid test results had to be presented in person to the Thai Embassy to get "signed off".....now thats been relaxed to present at check in instead. Much of the previous angst and rightfully so was that for most people a trip to the Embassy takes a day

Still not a chance in hell I could achieve in the 2 days pre flight (because thats what it is in reality)  to visit to the GP, get a test, subsequent results and then a medical to get a fit to fly certificate

Its just impossible for most punters

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

There has been a change though from the Embassy on number 5

Previously those fit to fly certificates and Covid test results had to be presented in person to the Thai Embassy to get "signed off".....now thats been relaxed to present at check in instead. Much of the previous angst and rightfully so was that for most people a trip to the Embassy takes a day

Still not a chance in hell I could achieve in the 2 days pre flight (because thats what it is in reality)  to visit to the GP, get a test, subsequent results and then a medical to get a fit to fly certificate

Its just impossible for most punters

It is. even with the Mrs working for the NHS in a fairly decent position and using a bit of "professional courtesy", I couldn't get a test certificated and back within that time. It's bollocks but kudos and props to anyone who actually pulls it off.

Judging from recent events in Vietnam, plus the panic beginning to surface here in the UK regarding a second wave, I think Thailand will remain shut until next year, (sorry for the thread drift) - however, even when they do eventually open up, I still think the measures will be draconian, over enthusiastic and erring on the side of discouraging travel. Should a vaccine appear then it'll be a Vaccination Cert, C-19 clearance Cert , proof of insurance specific to Thailand plus very possibly a deposit like Cambodia in case of hospitalisation.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/1/2020 at 11:10 AM, Rawhide2 said:

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you very much for the queries about travelling to Thailand for foreigners and according to the list of categories of travelling purposes that are allowed to enter the country. However, it could be very difficult. We would like to recommend to you postpone it or consider not to travel if not necessary.

You would need to check whether what visa you are required as well as the Certificate of Entry (COE). If you already have the valid visa or re-entry permit, you would still need the COE http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html.

1. We would like you to read the link below carefully

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html
to make sure that you are in one of the categories that are allowed to enter Thailand during the COVID19.

2. You would need the flight before anything else, before applying for the visa and COE. If you do not have the flight to fly, you will waste of time and money applying for Visa and COE.

As you may know that ALL commercial flights are banned to get in to Thailand at the moment UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, some airlines still sell ticket hoping the borders will be opened by when the ticket dated to fly. In fact, Thailand is still closed the borders.

At the moment, there are the REPATRIATION FLIGHTS offered by the airlines that have been arranged specifically to urgent need of people who would really like to travel to Thailand.

The Repatriation flights will be prioritised to Thais but still there are a few seats available for foreigners. The booking could be found on the website or Facebook page of the Embassy as soon as the information becomes available.  

3. The quarantine is also strictly required. For foreigners, you need to book the ASQ (the hotel where the government approved for the Alternative States Quarantine). These spaces are also limited due to the high demand of foreigners from all over the world who would like to enter the country.

Please note that, If you cannot book the hotel on the date of arrival according to the flight date, you will not be able to travel as the COE will identify the flight ticket and the ASQ.

4. Once you have 2 and 3, you can apply for the visa and COE at the same time at

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

If you have everything we required, the visa and COE will be very easy to get approved.

Please note that the insurance covering covid is required to clearly stating that it covers at least 100,000 in Thailand (NOT WORLDWIDE), with your name as a policy holder on the same page. If you do not have this, please make a request to the insurance company to write the letter.

5. All non-Thai passengers are also required to have a Fit to Fly health certificate and a medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), both issued within 72 hours before departure. This is your own responsibility as these 2 documents will have to be presented upon check-in with the airlines and arrival in Thailand.

Thank you very much

Best regards
Consular Officer,
Royal Thai Embassy, London
29-30 Queen's Gate 
London
SW7 5JB
Tel: 02072255500

NOTE NUMBER 2........No idea if those links will work once I copy and paste across

It is NOT worth it.   When they really want tourists, They will remove all these restrictions

• Like 1
On 8/2/2020 at 7:13 AM, Butch said:

It is. even with the Mrs working for the NHS in a fairly decent position and using a bit of "professional courtesy", I couldn't get a test certificated and back within that time. It's bollocks but kudos and props to anyone who actually pulls it off.

Judging from recent events in Vietnam, plus the panic beginning to surface here in the UK regarding a second wave, I think Thailand will remain shut until next year, (sorry for the thread drift) - however, even when they do eventually open up, I still think the measures will be draconian, over enthusiastic and erring on the side of discouraging travel. Should a vaccine appear then it'll be a Vaccination Cert, C-19 clearance Cert , proof of insurance specific to Thailand plus very possibly a deposit like Cambodia in case of hospitalisation.

May be it is time tourists should look past Thailand.
My philosophy about tourism:

Only visit those countries that really want you and welcome you

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, syed said:

May be it is time tourists should look past Thailand.
My philosophy about tourism:

Only visit those countries that really want you and welcome you

If you find a place as safe and easy to get to, as much fun as Pattaya and for a similar or lesser cost, I hope you will clue us in.

• Downvote 1
5 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

If you find a place as safe and easy to get to, as much fun as Pattaya and for a similar or lesser cost, I hope you will clue us in.

If you enjoy company of someone a lot, but that person does not want to talk you, would you beg to be in his/her company?

I certainly will not

Granted that Pattaya is a cheap fun place, but there is something called “self respect”

Let them keep their population virus free. There is life beyond Pattaya

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
48 minutes ago, syed said:

If you enjoy company of someone a lot, but that person does not want to talk you, would you beg to be in his/her company?

I certainly will not

Granted that Pattaya is a cheap fun place, but there is something called “self respect”

Let them keep their population virus free. There is life beyond Pattaya

WTF are you quoting me for that nonsense for? jeez. It had nothing to do with my comment!

Red

I'm beginning to see you as the new buffoon of this board.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Downvote 1
15 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

WTF are you quoting me for that nonsense for? jeez. It had nothing to do with my comment!

Red

I'm beginning to see you as the new buffoon of this board.

Thailand does not want buffoons like you to enter their country. So stop wishing and begging

get a life

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, syed said:

Thailand does not want buffoons like you to enter their country. So stop wishing and begging

get a life

No no. Thailand doesnt want idiots who are happy to spread a deadly virus coming over and making their people sick or dead.

This board is for people who love Thailand and it's people. You obviously don't, so you really should find somewhere else to post your comments.

• Upvote 2

You seem to be a chronic boozer.  Drowning in booze

Dont post here until you are sober

Do you know anything else besides using foul and filthy language and slamming other board members. 
I feel sorry for you.

• Downvote 1
  • jacko locked this topic