Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 510 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Soi Metro/Soi Bukhao Guest Houses

Thinking of staying in the Metro/Bukhao area this trip. We've met up with friends for drinks several times in the area. On our last occasion we were sitting outside the Irish Rovers having a few, and I noticed how quiet it was on the street. Didn't seem to be a lot of loud music pouring out of the bars close by. This was in November and probably around 9-10PM.

So, my questions are:

- Was this just a one off?

- Does it get louder later in the evening?

- If you stay at one of the guest houses there.....will you get a good nights' sleep?

Would appreciate your insights and recommendations,

CM

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We stayed at Metro Apartments in April and it was pretty quiet (at least after midnight,or so) and hardly ever heard a sound, other than the occasional door slamming by some inconsiderates. However, we both had rooms on the top floor, and found it a long haul when pissed - the girls helped us UP though....

Thinking of staying in the Metro/Bukhao area this trip. We've met up with friends for drinks several times in the area. On our last occasion we were sitting outside the Irish Rovers having a few, and I noticed how quiet it was on the street. Didn't seem to be a lot of loud music pouring out of the bars close by. This was in November and probably around 9-10PM.

So, my questions are:

- If you stay at one of the guest houses there.....will you get a good nights' sleep?

CM

So, my questions are:

CM

I moved out of the Irish Rovers after one night earlier this year because of the noise. I suspect it was coming from Witherspoons. Even the TGF couldn't sleep - and that's saying something!

I moved out of the Irish Rovers after one night earlier this year because of the noise. I suspect it was coming from Witherspoons. Even the TGF couldn't sleep - and that's saying something!

Never had a problem at the Irish Rovers.

Witherspoons is on Soi Bukhao so that couldn't have been the noise.

I have stayed in Jasmine mansion and the Hollanda on soi buakaow, and it can be noisy. These motorbikes screaming down the road at all hours, and obviously parties. Have stayed in 3 places on Lengkee and it was quieter.

Hi Cookie, come right now, its bloody quiet everywhere in Patts.

But at any time you won't find LK Metro disturbing late at night.

Never had a problem at the Irish Rovers.

Witherspoons is on Soi Bukhao so that couldn't have been the noise.

I know where Witherspoons is but I'm sure that's where all the noise was coming from - reverberating around Soi LK Metro which itself was relatively quiet.

Thanks for all your input and recommendations. Seems like the LK Metro area is worth a try. Thinking of the Irish Rovers, Pasadena Lodge, or possibly the 3Som. All of the Metro area is so popular that the biggest problem will be availability of rooms (looking at November).

Thanks again,

CM

Metro has no character, its all very concrete and a couple of good bars but many bar owners spend most of their time slagging off all other bars and bar owners, so much so that many people I have talked to stay away.

Yes its quiet because of that, the biggest problem with these type of bars is they have girls working downstairs and they ply for your business and if they dont get it they drop snide remarks to the girls you bring back and even try to mess it up for you.

Some have parties to try to draw custom and there is noise from that and its all very closed in so booms all over, one or 2 bars also are well known for Bar owner attacks on Customers, I never understand that situation where a bar trys all sorts to attract custom and when a customer gets pissed they beat up on them.

Metro has no character, its all very concrete and a couple of good bars but many bar owners spend most of their time slagging off all other bars and bar owners, so much so that many people I have talked to stay away.

Yes its quiet because of that, the biggest problem with these type of bars is they have girls working downstairs and they ply for your business and if they dont get it they drop snide remarks to the girls you bring back and even try to mess it up for you.

Some have parties to try to draw custom and there is noise from that and its all very closed in so booms all over, one or 2 bars also are well known for Bar owner attacks on Customers, I never understand that situation where a bar trys all sorts to attract custom and when a customer gets pissed they beat up on them.

the main reason that I would not stay over a bar again is the pressure that they try to put on you to drink there everyday and buy ladydrinks, have to concur with your comment regarding the snide remarks when you bring back other girls.

Soi LK metro rooms have become way overpriced due to the unwarranted hype, some of the bars on soi LK Metro have got stupidly expensive barfines ... 350-400 baht

OUCH!!!!!!! I'm getting a whole different aspect of the Metro area and I'm having second thoughts. I can certainly see where staying above a bar has its drawbacks of expecting you to drink there and the working girls pressure. I've experienced that at a small hotel on Soi 13. And it sounds like the area can be a little noisier than I've experienced during my short drinking visits. It seemed so quiet and relaxing!!

Perhaps I need to look at hotels that are close to the area but have no active bar offer a better chance of some quiet. Maybe Areca Lodge? Or Chaba Hut? Or is it a case of trying the Pasadena Lodge and putting up with the (reportedly) rude staff?? Your opinions or recommendations would, again, be most welcomed.

CM

Perhaps I need to look at hotels that are close to the area but have no active bar offer a better chance of some quiet. Maybe Areca Lodge? Or Chaba Hut? Or is it a case of trying the Pasadena Lodge and putting up with the (reportedly) rude staff?? Your opinions or recommendations would, again, be most welcomed.

CM

I stayed at the Pasadena Lodge a couple of years ago and have no complaints. A friends son stayed there in July and I heard he was happy with his stay. I would recommend the Pasadena lodge.

My most recent trip I stayed at the LK Metropole and recommend them. I got a lower rate by emailing the hotel directly.

I like the LK Metro area. I have had friends stay at 3som and the Metro apartments with no complaints and they have recommended both establishments to me. Hope this helps. Good luck with your hunt.

OUCH!!!!!!! I'm getting a whole different aspect of the Metro area and I'm having second thoughts. I can certainly see where staying above a bar has its drawbacks of expecting you to drink there and the working girls pressure. I've experienced that at a small hotel on Soi 13. And it sounds like the area can be a little noisier than I've experienced during my short drinking visits. It seemed so quiet and relaxing!!

CM

I always stay at Metro apartments and have had no issues with either noise or the girls giving snide remarks or anything or even the owner expecting you to drink there.I do drink there as a matter of choice and actually there is a side entrance door you can use which lets you into the rear of the bar opposite to the stairs if you are too self conscious to "walk right through the bar".

I stayed at kerati Home Stays opposite the rockhouse and its the only hotel i have ever checked out of early and noise was a major problem.

I found the nose to be more of a problem early in the morning 5-7am , not so much from bars as most of them are empty but moreso, motorbikes flying through the soi or a motor bike horn , food vendors who set up outside the hotel etc

Pasedena is lodged right in the corner of the Soi, have stayed their a couple of times and no problems with then noise.

Soi Bauhkow can be a bit noisy as its such a busy area now but many of the off shoots from it are OK, I normally stay at Canterbury Tales Cafe and no noise problems there, so good bars in this soi too now.

Soi Bauhkow can be a bit noisy as its such a busy area now but many of the off shoots from it are OK, I normally stay at Canterbury Tales Cafe and no noise problems there, so good bars in this soi too now.

Name ONE, we must have very different opinions on "Good Bars"! There OK if you like your beer cheap and women on a pension! :whistling: :unsure: :clueless

Name ONE, we must have very different opinions on "Good Bars"! There OK if you like your beer cheap and women on a pension! :gulp :clueless :clueless

I can name one Maggie May's but that's about it

A new hotel called the Vogue is scheduled to open in the general area soon. Its located between Buakaow and 3rd RD off of Soi Lengkee. About 250 rooms with pool, don't know the price but would imagine if they want to fill up the ir rooms they will be competive with the other places nearby.

A new hotel called the Vogue is scheduled to open in the general area soon. Its located between Buakaow and 3rd RD off of Soi Lengkee. About 250 rooms with pool, don't know the price but would imagine if they want to fill up the ir rooms they will be competive with the other places nearby.

How soon is soon? In town Aug 20 - Sep 23 and I kind of like brand new hotels because you get great deals (and I can handle the "issues").