Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 661 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Do you ride Motobike in Pattaya?

Motobike in Pattaya  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frequently ride m/cycles in Thailand...some trips are just too much of a ball ache to attempt in the SUV

But Ive ridden them since my mid teens all types and all sizes

You do need a high skill level on two wheels to cope with Pattayas streets and the hydrocephalic morons on them, though what is constantly disheartening is seeing 'over the hill' farangs wobbling about on rented scoots doing all the dopey things that neophytes do - PATTAYA IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO TEACH YOURSELF TO RIDE MOTORCYCLES. Having some rented skirt on the passenger seat may make em feel young again but if the last time they cocked a leg over a two wheeled vehicle was half a century ago - if indeed they ever did - then they are on the fast track to a blood soaked trip in the back of a Sawang Boriboon pick up truck.

"I find riding in the USA, is more dangerous than riding in Thailand".F'cking hilarious.

Seems like the majority on accidents I see in my country involving bikes are those on crotch rockets,though many haven't taken the steps you have to at least learn to ride safe.But the other side of that coin is those courses have taught the idiots how to ride faster,not safer.I'm at ATGATT rider,every ride,which is another reason I don't ride here.

I've ridden to/in 47 states and several countries,have taken the courses as you have,ect and the fact that you'd make a statement like that baffles me.

The only accident I've been in was when an idiot,clueless young Puerto Rican female couldn't figure out the intricacies of a 4 way stop 2 blocks from my house.

I would live to see the idiots here ride in a civilized country or at least one with enforced traffic laws.Or not see 10-12 year olds without a license or helmet .......but I digress.

There are 2 kinds of riders,those who have been down and those who will be.

And to those of you who choose to ride in any country without a helmet..........I suggest you visit a rider in the hospital.

ATGATT

Edited by LTGTR
I think it is a risk benefit situation. There is certainly a risk when riding in LOS. But there is also a very large benefit. I would never consider riding in BKK, but in places like Pattaya, and Chang Mai or other smaller places it is really the way to get around. I wear a real helmet, and never ever get near it if I intend to drink. But the ability and freedom to go where you want when you want is without a doubt a huge advantage. Not to mention that you can get off the beaten path, and explore areas you simply couldn't without personal transportation.

I too would ride outside Pattaya and BKK but the question was would you ride in Pattaya.There's much to see on 2 wheels here but not the cities.

I rode serious bikes for years all over the States. No problems.

Rented a bike in Pattaya and a Thai gal driving a BMW sideswiped me and put me in a hospital.

It doesn't matter how good a biker you think you are, or how careful you think you are, in Pattaya you are just a accident looking for a place to happen.

Little Roy

No way... bahtbus is cheap and comfortable.... for me riding on the motorbike is a deathwish experience....

Almost all of my mates who ride motorbikes already had lighter or more serious accidents....

How do people on holiday figure that having a rented motorbike is cheap transportation?

You can not drink if you ride a motorbike, if you do then I hope you get prison time.

If you pay 130 baht per day then that equates to 13 trips on a bus, the only time that I have to tale a bus is when the girl/girls that I take ST are unwilling to walk the mile or so back to my rented room. ... There have been a few occasions when I have paid 100 baht for abus to go directly to my but I have always had at least 2 girls with me when I have done that.

Most days my total transport costs are no more than 20 baht because I have to pay the girl's bus fare along with my own, if a freelancing friend calls me then I might not spend anything on transport.

If i need to go somewhere then I walk, one day I walked from soi buakow to mike shopping mall to soi 6/BigC/dolphin roundabout/walking street/pattaya tai and across the highway beyond the mosques and muslim school in Nong Prue and then walked back by Pattaya Klang and checked out Nova Gold before strolling down soi 6 and onto the beach before walking to Pattaya beer garden.

You can walk everywhere in Pattaya because most places ate within 3 km.

I see thugs drinking all day and then getting on a motorbike to potentially kill someone.

Cheap transportation if using a motorbike. A few points don't drink and then get on one. Drive slow, watch all corners other drivers come out in front of you and don't look and expect the worst when driving one.

LOL...........what, as opposed to a baht bus, under cover, on four wheels, for 10 baht a trip!

We rent out motorbikes,we always ask if the customer has ridden a bike before and if the answer's no we won't rent to them.Pattaya is not a place to learn to ride a motorbike,I'm an experienced biker from the UK but over here you need eyes everywhere and I was shitting myself the first time I went out.

We've only had 1 customer have an accident,an experienced biker from America was sitting at a red traffic light waiting to turn right,a Thai lady was driving a car and talking on the phone and ploughed into him.A month later he's back in the States but still unable to work and his holiday here was ruined.

In my opinion if you're here on holiday and staying near the action and have no interest in getting out and about the baht bus is fine,if you want to venture further afield rent a bike but be very careful.

That's quite an ordeal getting back from the bar crawl to Naklua. You guys should have voted for Walking Street :chogdee

It would have been just as bad if you'd had a car or tried to get back by any other means. Road closures and flooding affect everyone no matter what mode of transport.

I would walk 5 km in the pissen rain before i got on a moto in Pattaya.

Theres only 2 types of people who ride in Pattaya.

1-Those already in the morgue

2-Those that are an intersection away from going to the morgue.

I have to much fun letting the piss kill me slowly :chogdee

That's quite an ordeal getting back from the bar crawl to Naklua. You guys should have voted for Walking Street :hairout

It would have been just as bad if you'd had a car or tried to get back by any other means. Road closures and flooding affect everyone no matter what mode of transport.

MM IIRC,didn't you have a get off some time back?

I don't have a bike license but have ridden a scooter in Pattaya.... But I wouldn't do it when drunk!!!

And we keep a scooter up north for getting round the village when we are there.

I ride at home very fucking powerful cbr1000.

I always think about a scooter in Pattaya but walking/baht buses are ok as well.

Also someone mentioned a helmet and I don't think those "open face" ones you see are any good.

I think just like any bike, ride at your own pace and know what your limits are.

I ride at home very fucking powerful cbr1000.

I always think about a scooter in Pattaya but walking/baht buses are ok as well.

Also someone mentioned a helmet and I don't think those "open face" ones you see are any good.

I think just like any bike, ride at your own pace and know what your limits are.

:o

Thank-you!!!

Agree with that 100%

:clueless

How do people on holiday figure that having a rented motorbike is cheap transportation?

You can not drink if you ride a motorbike, if you do then I hope you get prison time.

If you pay 130 baht per day then that equates to 13 trips on a bus, the only time that I have to tale a bus is when the girl/girls that I take ST are unwilling to walk the mile or so back to my rented room. ... There have been a few occasions when I have paid 100 baht for abus to go directly to my but I have always had at least 2 girls with me when I have done that.

Most days my total transport costs are no more than 20 baht because I have to pay the girl's bus fare along with my own, if a freelancing friend calls me then I might not spend anything on transport.

If i need to go somewhere then I walk, one day I walked from soi buakow to mike shopping mall to soi 6/BigC/dolphin roundabout/walking street/pattaya tai and across the highway beyond the mosques and muslim school in Nong Prue and then walked back by Pattaya Klang and checked out Nova Gold before strolling down soi 6 and onto the beach before walking to Pattaya beer garden.

You can walk everywhere in Pattaya because most places ate within 3 km.

I see thugs drinking all day and then getting on a motorbike to potentially kill someone.

You really are a killjoy... you sound like my Mother... no come to think of it, my Nan.

What happened to the famous saying " UP TO YOU "

No-one can say yes or no, it's all about how YOU ride the Scooter/Motorbike and YOUR awareness.

it is fucking madness to ride a motorbike on holiday in pattaya, i doubt you are covered by your travel insurance in the case of an accident.

B.O.R.I.N.G

Heard it before.

Edited by farman

On the other hand, I don't see why people rent powerful supersport bikes or some bigass chopper. Those bikes are much less maneuverable in Patts. One of the greatest benefits of riding a scooter is you can easily weave in and out of traffic and tight places. There is absolutely no need for big power for the kind of riding that's done in Patts. Although I do wish the scooters had a bit more oomph to them. One ride I took to Ban Chang going uphill I thought I may have to stop and push the bike up, barely had enough power to get me to the top.

Now, before anyone thinks I ride like a Evil Knievel, here's my background.

I doubt very much Evel Knievel would have ridden a bike on the streets of Pattaya. He was fanatic about controlling every second and every inch of his stunts. He took huge risks, but never one he regarded as unnecessary or foolish. When Evel wasn't performing or practicing, he didn't ride two-wheeled vehicles.

Evil

:chogdee

On the other hand, I don't see why people rent powerful supersport bikes or some bigass chopper. Those bikes are much less maneuverable in Patts. One of the greatest benefits of riding a scooter is you can easily weave in and out of traffic and tight places. There is absolutely no need for big power for the kind of riding that's done in Patts. Although I do wish the scooters had a bit more oomph to them. One ride I took to Ban Chang going uphill I thought I may have to stop and push the bike up, barely had enough power to get me to the top.

Next time try and rent a Honda 180 or 200cc bike. Should give you all the get up and go you need.

There should have been an option for "I will do moto-bike/TG taxis, but never rent one myself"

I avoid moto-bikes in favor of baht busses if I can, and never rent a bike for myself. But there is the occaisional trip with a TG that I picked up. The risk is still there, but diminished a bit as they are familiar with the local traffic etc.

Zeus

I do in the daytime, not night time as I have seen too many accidents, often farang too drunk, I stay at Canterbury Tales and hire one direct from them, good quality and service and run by an English guy with a hot wife.

Every time since my first visit in 1985, just can't beat the mobility. It's al about restraining the alcohol and anticipation, anticipation, anticipation. Must say the last few years it's getting worse by the enormous increase of baht busses, and other bikes. It's getting hard to find a place to park the damn scooter.

Edited by Freddy

i hope the police jail everyone that drinks and then rides a scooter, anyone that drinks and then takes charge of a mechanically propelled vehicle is a potential murderer as far as I'm concerned.

baht buses are 10 baht and everywhere in Pattaya is within walking distances.

any farang that causes injury while driving drunk should be blacklisted from entering Thailand after serving a long prison sentence.

You love the melodramatic don't you! The reason it is so dangerous and stressful to ride/walk/drive in Pattaya is because there is no control of the number of Bhat Busses on the road at any one time! They drive as if they are the only ones on the road and constantly weaving/driving to slowly or racing just get the next fare! I highly doubt that Farangs amount to much of the DUI problem in Thailand as well! I whole heatedly agree that you can walk to most anyplace in downtown Pattaya where we wish to hang out no problem. Did it myself my first two trips. That being said I hope you are the first person on the blacklist! I hate this alarmist bullshit people spew nowadays. Everything has to be elavaded to stupid levels to make their point seem relevant! Bottom line is use your head and as another wrote 'Know your limits'! I will add the obvious watch out for the other guy and don't expect him to do what makes sense!

i hope the police jail everyone that drinks and then rides a scooter, anyone that drinks and then takes charge of a mechanically propelled vehicle is a potential murderer as far as I'm concerned.

baht buses are 10 baht and everywhere in Pattaya is within walking distances.

any farang that causes injury while driving drunk should be blacklisted from entering Thailand after serving a long prison sentence.

Edited by Stlakid

Hiring a scooter to go all over the place during the day is a must in my books...You just need to be carefull and watch for the unexpected. At night i leave it back at the hotel. I think the danger factor doubles at night