Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

MK Restaurant, Central Festival (updated March 20, 2016)

You took a good looking lady for lunch and did a nice write up of the time in the restaurant, why should you care what anyone thinks about the cost of the lunch. I know i wouldn't.

Good write up and thanks for the pictures.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reminder although I think the dance routine may be new. I've been there and can only echo what you have said. Like you the choice was made not by me but by my companions, two which turned into three, all FLB girls getting fed before work.

Glyn.

Thanks for the reminder although I think the dance routine may be new. I've been there and can only echo what you have said. Like you the choice was made not by me but by my companions, two which turned into three, all FLB girls getting fed before work.

Glyn.

I first saw them doing the dance in Hua Hin maybe 2 years ago. They aren't the same everywhere so maybe each location does their own dance. It's certainly possible to have your meal and not even see the dance.

Edited by steamer

I first saw them doing the dance in Hua Hin maybe 2 years ago. They aren't the same everywhere so maybe each location does their own dance. It's certainly possible to have your meal and not even see the dance.

Maybe they did dance but I couldn't take my eyes off my companions :whistling:

Glyn.

Great report, thank you very much.... Yeah, many years ago MK was the top restaurant for the girls you could bring them....still now really popular. My own experience says, when we are with TGs we have always great food, but when we are alone only farangs, always a failure....despite we try to do the same we made with the girls....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have seen the line dancing thing happening occasionally when I walk by that restaurant. Reminded me of the staff at Joe's Crab Shack in Las Vegas where the staff gets up and dances around. The Vegas staff seemed to get into more than the MK ones. :P

Thanks for the review.

It isn't surprising you have to cook your own food with the staff dancing around all the time!

Not keen on the hot-pot idea myself, I think I tried it once and I was the one cooking.

But they do reasonable duck dishes and I like the dim-sum.

All the Thais I know love MK.! ive not seen them doing the dance routine there...............though I do remember years ago.! I used to go into Mike Department Store..........................just to see ALL! the staff dancing whenever Chiil Cha Cha came on!

I love MK.

There are 5 other branches in Patts? Really?

That's what I was told. Believe most (all?) of the others are in Big C stores.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2

That's what I was told. Believe most (all?) of the others are in Big C stores.

Evil

The only other one I can picture is the one at the Big C on second but I found this ....http://newpattaya.com/restaurants/

'MK Restaurants. There are a total of 6 MK Restaurants in Pattaya. In Tesco South, Tesco North, Big C South, Big C Extra (used to be Carrefour), Big C North and Central Festival Pattaya Beach. MK is very popular among the thais. I highly recommend the duck and especially the souce that comes with the duck.'

Edited by steamer

That's what I was told.  Believe most (all?) of the others are in Big C stores.

Evil

The only other one I can picture is the one at the Big C on second but I found this ....http://newpattaya.com/restaurants/

MK Restaurants. There are a total of 6 MK Restaurants in Pattaya. In Tesco South, Tesco North, Big C South, Big C Extra (used to be Carrefour), Big C North and Central Festival Pattaya Beach. MK is very popular among the thais. I highly recommend the duck and  especially the souce that comes with the duck.

and the sliced pickled ginger that comes with the duck.

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Evil. I pass by these places but have never dined that way so your review was very interesting. I suggested to a lady last time I was there that we go to a Thai place that does these meals and she said that she didn't think my stomach could handle it! Ah well, its yet another Pattaya experience on the Bucket List.

I’m a big fan of ‘Food Wave’ on the top floor of Royal Garden Plaza, but I’ll certainly be checking out MK on my next trip. I’ll try to refrain from joining in with the dancing, but can’t promise.

Thanks for the top-notch report.

• 3 weeks later...

A few more pics from another meal at MK. I ate with BM capdagde and we went with one of the "sets" for three people. Besides the plate of raw ingredients that went into the hot pot, it included cooked noodles, a plate of greens and roast duck. The cost was 1,030 baht and with non-alcohol beverages and a small tip, the total cost for three was 1,200 baht. Unfortunately, I lost the picture of the duck dish due to file corruption.

Evil

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...