Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Romantic restaurants in Pattaya

Hello everybody!

Could you please recommend me good restaurant with romantic atmosphere? cool for having a date or dining

thanx

Cabbages and Condoms.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Depends on what you mean by "romantic." The Western concept of romantic dining often means candle-lit tables and settings with fancy plates, napkins and silverware, whereas people in Asia much prefer bright lighting and don't care that much about settings.

But a lot of Thai girls do enjoy sunset beach-side dining and there are dozens of restaurants that give you the opportunity to eat as you watch the sun go down. You have Mum Aroi and Pupen at opposite ends of the greater Pattaya map and a whole lot in between. If money is not a big consideration, Infiniti at the Sheraton has great views and surroundings for a romantic meal. Even some of the waterside seafood restaurants on WS offer great views.

Another option would be the "high up" restaurants and bars at the Pattaya Hilton. On the 34th floor you have Horizon (very expensive), while Edge on the 16th and Shore on the 14th are less expensive. A pic from Hilton's Web site of Edge:

hi_edgerestaurant06_4_675x359_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

And the lobby leading to Edge:

HL_lobby01_675x359_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2

I agree Cabbages and Condoms is fun. There's a main 'deck' and a central 'tower' you can reserve a table up there for around 6 pm. Buy her a sexy cocktail (orgasms are good…..tell her not to fake it), and if you're lucky the sunset can be quite stunning. Then the green lights of the squid boats pop up, the cooling breeze rustles the leaves of the tree you're almost sat amidst…….. You feel a thousand miles from Pattaya.

Glass House is also good for the sunset and I prefer the food.

Edited by atlas2

Possibly a contentious one here, but my missus and family/friends adore it.... Palace Restaurant in Central Festival, on the balcony around about sunset. However, this is Lebanese cuisine, which for some inexplicable reason, my lot really like, especially the kebab like dishes.

Hello everybody!

Could you please recommend me good restaurant with romantic atmosphere? cool for having a date or dining

thanx

Sugar Hut. Thappraya Road just before the turnoff to Jomtien.

If the girl in question is Thai she'll enjoy the amazingly good food.

You eat in a open air or inside in a garden environment and it is not kill your budget expensive as well.

Green bottle, second rd: have not been there for 2 years but food was very good and used to have a live band at night with a fab singer. It's opposite The Marriott and about 50/100 yards to the left once you cross the road.

Edited by JohnLogieBaird

My favourite is Cafe des Ami, Bruno,s is nice as is the View and Glass house. But if it is a Thai girlfriend my experience is they don't seem to understand the concept of going out to a restaurant for the evening.Also often the nice restaurants don't offer a wide selection of Thai food.

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on what you mean by "romantic." The Western concept of romantic dining often means candle-lit tables and settings with fancy plates, napkins and silverware, whereas people in Asia much prefer bright lighting and don't care that much about settings.

But a lot of Thai girls do enjoy sunset beach-side dining and there are dozens of restaurants that give you the opportunity to eat as you watch the sun go down. You have Mum Aroi and Pupen at opposite ends of the greater Pattaya map and a whole lot in between. If money is not a big consideration, Infiniti at the Sheraton has great views and surroundings for a romantic meal. Even some of the waterside seafood restaurants on WS offer great views.

Another option would be the "high up" restaurants and bars at the Pattaya Hilton. On the 34th floor you have Horizon (very expensive), while Edge on the 16th and Shore on the 14th are less expensive. A pic from Hilton's Web site of Edge:

attachicon.gifhi_edgerestaurant06_4_675x359_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

And the lobby leading to Edge:

attachicon.gifHL_lobby01_675x359_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

Evil

:devil

I have to agree with Evil here, I took my Filipina gf up there on the 34th and it has a stunning view. We got the huge Mai Tai for 800 Baht which is approximately 6 drinks in one, excellent value I thought. Another good place is Mantra for romantic dinners but be prepared to spend some cash. I also agree with Ruen Thai

Here's some nighttime photos from Horizon:

post-23744-0-15461400-1396235449_thumb.jpg

post-23744-0-22596600-1396235451_thumb.jpg

post-23744-0-16794800-1396235453_thumb.jpg

post-23744-0-96830700-1396235454_thumb.jpg

I know the photos aren't too good but they do give you an idea. Cheers!

Edited by tequilareef

Possibly a contentious one here, but my missus and family/friends adore it.... Palace Restaurant in Central Festival, on the balcony around about sunset. However, this is Lebanese cuisine, which for some inexplicable reason, my lot really like, especially the kebab like dishes.

Absolutely agree on the lamb kebabs.

I'm there posting. Pattaya lunchtime looks good from the balcony. Jet skis fizzing. Arabic music playing softly. The aromatic smells are not my cup of tea. But live let live. I'm gonna risk a wine. Report on that later.

Agree with Jacko, Cabbages & Condoms is a great place to take a girl you particularly like.

I went there once and will not return. Sure the place is nice and "different". We reserved a table for 4 "in the tree" and girls were impressed by the location, decoration & view. On these points nothing to say, but good. What I didn't like is that the food was very average and the service extremely slow. Classic Thai plates start at about 150 baht. At this price I expect them to be good. BTW, don't forget your repellent cream against mosquitos.

• 6 months later...

To echo Evil and Tequilareef, took a TG for drinks at the Hilton and scored lotsa admiring female murmurings and major buffalo falang "points"....if one could consider that to be an honor. Or not. We scored an outside seat/table and just drank and hung out. Tasteful house and trance music at just the right volume. Service that was attentive without being hovering.

Certainly, if youre thinking of limiting your spending, this is not the place for you. My simple vodka tonics (with whatever they use as a well brand, not a call or premium) were 300. I don't even want to start with my girl-of-the-day's blended tropical drinks.

But every once in a while, it's nice to get both of you dressed up - at least by Pattaya standards - and have a nice time. And again, my temporary girlfriend was so impressed (and tipsy) that she unilaterally called off post drink plans to go karaoke so we could go straight back to the loom so she could boom boom me good. She's been in the bathroom for the last 10 minutes and counting getting something special ready. She asked where I kept my razor, so I got a hunch she's in there dulling my last blade on herself. But it's all good.

And all for cost of a few rounds of drinks. Life is good.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Cbrib Momento is very good, nice surroundings, good service and great food. Also good value for money.

Cafe des Amis also very good (my favourite in Pattaya).

My opinion though is for a one nighter etc just keep it simple, not worth going too OTT.

:thumbup

I went there once and will not return. Sure the place is nice and "different". We reserved a table for 4 "in the tree" and girls were impressed by the location, decoration & view. On these points nothing to say, but good. What I didn't like is that the food was very average and the service extremely slow. Classic Thai plates start at about 150 baht. At this price I expect them to be good. BTW, don't forget your repellent cream against mosquitos.

Have to say although I went there several times and also took visitors Pattaya and family etc there (mainly for the surroundings etc) but the food has never really blown my socks off, always found it "farangy Thai" if that makes sense.

Still a lovely place to go though and would go again.

I liked Momentos but twice now, both myself and either my son or girl I took have had the shits afterwards……Takes the edge off the romantic mood gambling against every fart being a flight of pigeons ……. Too much of a coincidence ...So won't be back..except maybe for a drink.

I stayed at Cabbages and condoms on my birthday….again…..

I love the place….

Only 'complaint' is the difference in quality of the low season breakfast with the excellent high season selection…….Though it's adequate and quite understandable given the drop in numbers.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

I liked Momentos but twice now, both myself and either my son or girl I took have had the shits afterwards……Takes the edge off the romantic mood gambling against every fart being a flight of pigeons ……. Too much of a coincidence ...So won't be back..except maybe for a drink.

I stayed at Cabbages and condoms on my birthday….again…..

I love the place….

Only 'complaint' is the difference in quality of the low season breakfast with the excellent high season selection…….Though it's adequate and quite understandable given the drop in numbers.

What did you eat?

I've only been 4 or 5 times but never had a problem.

What did you eat?

I've only been 4 or 5 times but never had a problem.

I've been perhaps more times than you……..and not a problem. I've often raved about and recommended the place to friends.

But the last two times………I 'went' quite a bit afterwards…….and so did my son and a girl I had with me on the most recent visit.

Each of those last two visits we had steaks……and a pepper or mushroom sauce.

I eat out every meal of the day here….In 7 years I can still count the dodgy stomachs on the fingers of one hand.

Having said that the food was excellent……the venue romantic…(unless you get those soft outside chairs that you sink into so deeply that the table becomes neck height)…...

I'll probably try it again……..just need a bit more time for the memory to fade …..A day lost tripping to the bog is not a pleasant memento of a visit.

Edited by atlas2