Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I want to watch the debate at a pub instead of at home. Anybody know where?

Hi guys,

The debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump is coming up on the evening of Sept. 26, which is the morning of Sept. 27 in Pattaya.

I'd like to watch it in a convivial atmosphere instead of on TV at home.

Does anybody know any places planning to show it?

(Please don't comment on the politics here as this is not the appropriate place according to forum rules.)

Thanks for any info.

Tequila Reef on soi 7 is known for hosting special events like the Super Bowl. Since it's American owned (I think) he might be interested in opening early.

Edited by BigDUSA
  • Upvote 1

You could try All-American in the Avenue (talk to Wes)..they are desperate and might be amenable to that.

Alternatively, Rich Man Poor Man on Soi 9 Jomtien Beach Road opens for breakfast and has a politically aware owner (Ed).

Both are American-owned and open for breakfast.

• Upvote 2

You could try All-American in the Avenue (talk to Wes)..they are desperate and might be amenable to that.

Alternatively, Rich Man Poor Man on Soi 9 Jomtien Beach Road opens for breakfast and has a politically aware owner (Ed).

Both are American-owned and open for breakfast.

Will the timings clash with the Monday night NFL game. I suspect there is more interest in NFL games amongst Pattaya punters than Clinton vs Trump.? Edited by tallguy

Tape delay, but you would probably get your carnival atmosphere

Democrats Abroad Thailand has scheduled debate parties in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai, so come and join us! You can also pick up the new DAT Thai-English Hillary Stronger Together t-shirt,

. . . .

Pattaya: Presidential debates on September 27, October 10 and October 20, and Vice-Presidential debate on October 5. All events will start at 5:30 pm at Beertopia, 384/93 Moo 10 NongPrue, Bang Lamung, Chonburi (across street from The Mind Resort, Soi Regional Land (Soi 17)

:bhappy :hijack :scared: :clap2: :chogdee :party

They say the best way to tell who wins is to watch with the sound off.......!!!

Otherwise the TV would need to be protected with a metal cage perhaps.

Chik-N-Coop bar shows the Monday night NFL game. It is possible Coop might show the debate on one screen. I don't know, just a guess. But the debate will be live streamed on YouTube, so there are quite a few places that might be persuaded to show it on one TV.

Evil

:devil

As it turned out, you didn't miss much. There was Hillary spouting her rehearsed old tired replies and the Donald trying to be a nice guy. Actually, I wouldn't buy a used car from either of them. This will be a strange election. You will have to figure out which one of them is the worst.

I watched this debate and I recalled an old yarn from the UK.

The local soccer club had as an honorary member the local bishop. When a new one was appointed the directors invited him to join them in the directors box to see a game. He declined saying that he wanted to be in the crowd with the working people and see their reaction.

After the game he met with the directors and admitted that this was his first major league game. He was asked what he thought of it and his response was,

"It was alright but as far as I could tell the buggers beat the bastards 2-1"

This was what entered my mind when watching that debate.

• Upvote 1