Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Is there something going on with the server recently? For about 5-6 days I have been getting a lot of 'Service Unavailable' responses from Pattaya Talk and I was unable to connect for a spell 4 or so days ago.

Edited by jacko

Is there something going on with the server recently? For about 5-6 days I have been getting a lot of 'Service Unavailable' responses from Pattaya Talk and I was unable to connect for a spell 4 or so days ago.

I've had it a couple of times yesterday too...so it isn't just you..

• Upvote 1

I've had that message on other sites as well, so I don't think it's just Pattayatalk.

The message is not very helpful, is it?

I've had that message on other sites as well, so I don't think it's just Pattayatalk.

I find it goes away with another refresh or reload of the page.

Might be the server is busy at the time...hard to say. Way above my pay grade.

Just seems to have returned lately....... happened 4 or 5 times when I first went on this morning, but now is responding as quick as a whip??

Suspect it is when I ask the server to do some work, like 'Get New Posts'....or 'Add New Topic'..

Edited by jacko

Just seems to have returned lately....... happened 4 or 5 times when I first went on this morning, but now is responding as quick as a whip??

Suspect it is when I ask the server to do some work, like 'Get New Posts'....or 'Add New Topic'..

It can happen to me when I just open a topic...

There's precious little information I can find to isolate or fix the problem.

Some discussion about it relating to Chrome browser. One report said the problem happens with Chrome but not IE.

I'd rather put up with it and stay with Chrome than to switch to IE.

It can happen to me when I just open a topic...

There's precious little information I can find to isolate or fix the problem.

Some discussion about it relating to Chrome browser. One report said the problem happens with Chrome but not IE.

I'd rather put up with it and stay with Chrome than to switch to IE.

I use IE and have the problem..

Well I am using Firefox on an old Vista laptop so no correlation there.

No blips with Chrome on an Android tablet.

I've only seen it with Windows, never on mobile and Android.

• 5 months later...

I seem to be having the problem again here in the mornings.

Some server work or housekeeping going on?

Often hangs on me despite the new supposedly superfast Firefox!

Edited by jacko

Annoying.... click on an unread post and it hangs with spinning circle, but post gets marked as read even though I never get to see it.

Won't return original text if I want to edit a post.

Seems to misbehave in Chrome too.

I've seen it too, but I have also seen it on other sites as well. Seems to be a network congestion issue. Nothing that the site itself can do, as far as I can tell.

I just REFRESH and the page comes up as requested.

I've seen it too, but I have also seen it on other sites as well. Seems to be a network congestion issue. Nothing that the site itself can do, as far as I can tell.

I just REFRESH and the page comes up as requested.

No I seem to do OK on advert heavyThai Visa, but this site is now an exercise in frustration for me. It just took me 15 minutes and 15 attempts to get to your post. I switched computers.

Later Edit:

Working better under Win 7 and the new Firefox... might be time to bin my old Vista Viao!

Not perfect though... have to hit the stop key (x) before I get the ability to request reload as it seems hung up!

Edited by jacko

Seems to work OK under Chrome??? Unless something else changed at exactly 7am!

I use Chrome and have had no problems for 10 plus hours since waking up this AM.

I believe the server is in the USA so you sort of confirm what MM said, something in my local network or the gateways. Just strange it seems most evident on Pattaya Talk.

Still having issues, unusable on my old Vista laptop, better on Win 7, but still needed to use Chrome there for best results.

Occasional hang-ups and no responses even then.

Had no issues browsing Thai Visa prior.

Seems to work OK under Chrome??? Unless something else changed at exactly 7am!

My brand new computer slowed down hugely a couple of days ago. I found on another forum that others had the same problem.

The solution was to uninstall Firefox. There seems to be some sort of conflict between a W10 update and Firefox.

I'm now using Opera and every thing is whizzing along.

My brand new computer slowed down hugely a couple of days ago. I found on another forum that others had the same problem.

The solution was to uninstall Firefox. There seems to be some sort of conflict between a W10 update and Firefox.

I'm now using Opera and every thing is whizzing along.

Well my issue is only dealing with this forum, and on Vista and Win 7.

BUT.. just tried on my Win10 pad, which only has Firefox (and Edge which I don't use) and still having problems. Seems like some return communication never gets to me and I only see 'waiting for Pattaya Talk' or 'transferring data from ...etc' and hanging there.

But thanks for input.... BTW, Firefox Quantum seems to be OK with my Win10 pad.

Edited by jacko

Interesting, switched a VPN in and things appear to work fine!

It doesn't clarify the problem but offers a solution.

Again I repeat, older persons wisdom, don't fight the problems, walk around them!

• Upvote 1

I have been using Chrome for a couple years with no problems. The past couple of weeks it has been freezing once in a while. I Googled best 2017 browser and Chrome was number one with Opera in second place. I gave Opera a try and am surprised at how fast it is and no hangups yet. It worked out good for me because my surveillance cameras won't work with Opera so I am still using Chrome for my default. I leave the cameras on but minimized and Opera for browsing. Just a click back to Chrome and I can see the cameras without reloading them.