Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bit the bullet and have just booked for 11 Feb to 12 Mar with EVA through Travel Trolley (LHR/BKK) - £487 return.   No doubt the price will drop, but I remember the fares of old, and under £500 st

I wouldnt even try, but if its realy necessary for February I would book ASAP. Mid Feb (Feb 16th) is Chinese New Year and probably a good week or two either side will be high season rated. Jan/Feb h

Wow, that escalated quickly.   It's a pity that it turned into a bit of a barney because the information being posted by both was very useful.   Aeroflot have apparently come a long way in reliabi

Posted Images

I checked the Kuwait Airways planes to be used on the BKK route, as I posted a deal recently, and they look to be new. When last did you fly with them?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9k-apa

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9k-akh

Two years old. That's new for when it comes to aircraft.

One needs to keep abreast of the changes. It wasn't long ago that THAI were the worst. Completely outdated equipment, not even a seatback TV. They only recently brought their product up to date.

I was on about the Kuwait - MNL route. I never flew with them, but we recruited 3 Nurses who came in last week. Maybe should've been more specific. My bad.

Gulf air used to fly their shite heaps on the MCT-Bombay route because the plane would always come back with the toilets blocked, shit on the floor and everything missing out of the seat pockets and life vests stolen (back in the 80's / 90's).

Anyway, this thread is getting a bit fucking ridiculous regarding the one - upmanship with knowledge and experience. We are all in the same boat and any info is useful, appreciated and saves us money. I'll buy you both beers for that reason alone.

I really don't understand the hostility, there's no need for it and accuse me of being patronsing, tell me to get fucked or whatever, but save it for the fucking playground fellas. You're better than that.

I'm not on about the BKK route, but the Kuwait - MNL one with shit equipment.

Wouldn't know anything about that.

Kuwait are fucking abysmal though. They run absolute shitheaps on the Asia - Kuwait routes,

In post #38 I referred to the Bangkok route.

GVA2.jpg

GVA3.jpg

2a9urlt.jpg

So this was an exceptional deal for the super peak season over Christmas and the new year. Some may have immediately dismissed the deal without checking the aircraft being utilised. £320 at the time of the offer. Seven months in advance in this case.

The saving could easily pay for someone's accommodation over the period if they book at a monthly rate.

There is no hostility from my side. It just seems that some are entrenched in their old ways and are quick to dismiss any ideas but their own.

Of course I had to reply to Goldpanner's almost wholly incorrect assumptions. It was that or allow the possibility that people might actually think that what he wrote was correct and therefore dismiss the alternative options.

He just appeared to me to go out of his way to make it look infeasible. Quite unnecessary.

Nothing to do with oneupmanship on my part. But of course if someone attempts to take the mickey, I'll give at least as good as I get.

I'm of the mind that one size does not fit all. We all have differing priorities. Sometimes you want to get there asap. Sometimes you'll want to save money. Sometimes you'll like a stopover. Sometimes you'll want to fly direct.

I really don't like it when people try to denigrate the reasonable choices of others. Live and let live.

If someone chooses to "sod about" in order to save a couple of hundred pounds, that is their choice. "Sod about" is hardly complimentary. Not everyone is flush with cash and a cheap flight with a half decent airline can make the difference as to whether someone can take a holiday or not.

So when people come out with elitist comments like "dogshit airlines" as if they are from the Rockerfeller family, they are going to be brought back down to earth.

Anyway....it's all airline discussion, even if it gets a bit heated. ;)

Edited by valentinoxxx
  • Downvote 1

Let's not bicker..........

Coincidentally.....

Thai Airways rated as world’s best economy airline

Source.

Coincidentally.....

Source.

Economy Class. Not sure that they would be happy with being called an economy airline. :D

Flew with them recently to New Zealand. Was not bad. London to Bangkok was excellent. Bangkok to Auckland, ok. But I was especially happy with the price of £400 or so.

Economy Class. Not sure that they would be happy with being called an economy airline. :D

Flew with them recently to New Zealand. Was not bad. London to Bangkok was excellent. Bangkok to Auckland, ok. But I was especially happy with the price of £400 or so.

LHR-AKL was only £400, via BKK, I expect LHR-BKK to be more than that!

LHR-AKL was only £400, via BKK, I expect LHR-BKK to be more than that!

I didn't have a plan to go to NZ, but on seeing that price, it was worth going to take a look. I'm glad that I did.

I would have booked more, but I just caught the end of the deal.

Someone who caught the deal a bit earlier booked this one:

London to Chiang Mai

Flight 1

Thursday, February 16, 2017

confirmed

Departure:

21:35

London, United Kingdom - Heathrow, terminal 2

Arrival:

16:00+1 day(s)

Bangkok, Thailand - Suvarnabhumi International

Airline

Thai Airways International TG 917

Aircraft:

Boeing 777-300

Fare type:

Economy Restricted

Change of plane required. Time between flights : 2:40.

Flight 2

Friday, February 17, 2017

confirmed

Departure:

18:40

Arrival:

20:00

Chiang Mai, Thailand - Chiang Mai International

Airline

Thai Airways International TG 120

Aircraft:

Airbus Industrie A330-300

Fare type:

Economy Restricted

Chiang Mai to Sydney

Flight 1

Sunday, February 19, 2017

confirmed

Departure:

20:50

Chiang Mai, Thailand - Chiang Mai International

Arrival:

22:10

Airline

Thai Airways International TG 121

Aircraft:

Fare type:

Economy Restricted

Change of plane required. Time between flights : 19:40.

Flight 2

Monday, February 20, 2017

confirmed

Departure:

17:50

Arrival:

07:10+1 day(s)

Sydney, Australia - Kingsford Smith, terminal 1

Airline

Thai Airways International TG 475

Aircraft:

Boeing 747 All Series Passenger

Fare type:

Economy Restricted

Auckland to Krabi

Flight 1

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

confirmed

Departure:

14:50

Auckland, New Zealand - Auckland International, terminal I

Arrival:

20:50

Airline

Thai Airways International TG 492

Aircraft:

Boeing 777-200/300

Fare type:

Economy Restricted

Change of plane required. Time between flights : 11:10.

Flight 2

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

confirmed

Departure:

08:00

Arrival:

09:20

Krabi, Thailand - Krabi

Airline

Thai Airways International TG 241

Aircraft:

Fare type:

Economy Restricted

Krabi to Bangkok

Flight 1

Saturday, March 04, 2017

confirmed

Departure:

19:25

Krabi, Thailand - Krabi

Arrival:

20:45

Airline

Thai Airways International TG 250

Aircraft:

Airbus Industrie A330

Fare type:

Economy Restricted

Bangkok to London

Flight 1

Monday, March 06, 2017

confirmed

Departure:

00:15

Arrival:

06:20

London, United Kingdom - Heathrow, terminal 2

Airline

Thai Airways International TG 91travel:

Airbus Industrie A380

Fare type:

Economy Restricted

Flight payment and ticket

419.75 GBP

Of course they had to buy a separate one way flight from Sydney to Auckland, but that was their choice of itinerary.

Edited by valentinoxxx

Coincidentally.....

Source.

I cant see them staying at the top for long as according to my info their economy class A380's seats are taking a real hammering.

When I flew them last October it was obvious the seat foams were already wearing thin. I also emailed them about it. I do hope when they are in for a major service they replace them.

Its a measure of their success I suppose.

In my email to them (and also to Airbus Industrie) I also commented on the armrests only going vertical and not going right back with the seat as it can make things quite uncomfortable.

Must Check service dates for their A380's !

Wouldn't know anything about that.

In post #38 I referred to the Bangkok route.

GVA2.jpg

GVA3.jpg

2a9urlt.jpg

Which is why I said "I was on about the Kuwait - MNL route - My bad "

Which is why I said "I was on about the Kuwait - MNL route - My bad "

Not a problem, it gave rise to the follow on info about the BKK route anyway. From London they fly a brand new 777-369(ER), from Kuwait a two year old A330-243.

So recent changes. Previous aircraft just too old I guess.

The Thai flights ex MCR werent well publicised as I suspect that the Thai hierarchy realy didnt want to do it but begrudgingly did it so they could say "Told ya so" so it was kept relatively quiet,

I believe the flight was a Thursday evening departure but only once a week.

They ran a direct service from Manchester in the late 80's as a test. I believe they applied for temporary Traffic rights but after less than a few months they stopped. There just wasnt the demand especially when China Airlines started their direct service ex Schipol offering a free overnight hotel in Amsterdam with connecting flights from London and Manchester.

I did the London-AMS-Bangkok with the overnight in Amsterdam. Quite a nice way to go. Stop off in Amsterdam for a smoke too !!

I wasnt offered any TG seats and indeed when inquiring was told they werent for sale.

The 80's was a long time ago.... things have changed.

Manchester now has direct flights to Singapore, Hong Kong as well as China. There are a large number of Thai's living in the north of England and Scotland. Thailand is now a very popular destination for people travelling from Manchester Airport. A 7 days a week service probably wouldn't work but perhaps 3 or 4 times a week service using a Boeing 787 or Airbus A350 could be viable.

The 80's was a long time ago.... things have changed.

Manchester now has direct flights to Singapore, Hong Kong as well as China. There are a large number of Thai's living in the north of England and Scotland. Thailand is now a very popular destination for people travelling from Manchester Airport. A 7 days a week service probably wouldn't work but perhaps 3 or 4 times a week service using a Boeing 787 or Airbus A350 could be viable.

My comments about Thai in the 80's were in response to someone saying they thought Thai had never run a direct service from MCR

Personally I think one flight a week from MCR now would probably work so long it was , say a Friday late departure or a weekend flight.

BUT ! would the cargo hold be able to hold all the clogs ?? :o

My comments about Thai in the 80's were in response to someone saying they thought Thai had never run a direct service from MCR

Personally I think one flight a week from MCR now would probably work so long it was , say a Friday late departure or a weekend flight.

BUT ! would the cargo hold be able to hold all the clogs ?? :o

The clogs are compensated by flat caps, which pack well and are very light as opposed to bowler hats and pearly jackets.

• Upvote 1

Caught this one a bit late, so already missed the dates and shorter durations over Christmas;

But still some cheap fares in November and over the new year for anyone needing to pop home for a visit.

Viet2.jpg

Viet3.jpg

Edited by valentinoxxx

When would you book for February 2018?

I wouldnt even try, but if its realy necessary for February I would book ASAP. Mid Feb (Feb 16th) is Chinese New Year and probably a good week or two either side will be high season rated.

Jan/Feb has always been a problem for flights. Early Jan is High season. It drops to mid/low for the end of Jan then jumps up again as it gets close to Chinese new year, then drops back again.

I cant find the figures now but a few years back saw seat occupations and traffic movements for the periods around chinese new year and the actual numbers of people around the world moving and flying and specifically East asia was stunning.

If you intend going within 1 week either side of Feb 16th I would book as soon as possible before the big companies nab their allocation. A quick look via Skyscanner for a flight outbound on Feb 5 for 2 weeks already show that even the cheapies are getting expensive. The big boys havent done their allocations yet by the look of it but it wont be long.

But dont forget there is always a chance of getting a late cancellation, so ya pays yer money and take yer chances.

I bit the bullet and have just booked for 11 Feb to 12 Mar with EVA through Travel Trolley (LHR/BKK) - £487 return.

No doubt the price will drop, but I remember the fares of old, and under £500 still feels like a bargain to me.

• Upvote 2

I bit the bullet and have just booked for 11 Feb to 12 Mar with EVA through Travel Trolley (LHR/BKK) - £487 return.

No doubt the price will drop, but I remember the fares of old, and under £500 still feels like a bargain to me.

Thats a decent price..If youre happ,y thats the main thing.

Im going in February..I "usually" book around about September time..but like you...I will keep an eye on the fares....when it looks like a decent fare to me....then I will book it.........

Saying that...I havent finallised my leave out yet for Feb..so will have to get a move on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are TG916 and 917 changing from 777 to A350, if so when will it be?

Also the small economy cabin upstairs on the A380, is it any good or just difficult to book?

Finally, this morning there were some TG offers knocking about but now they seem to have disappeared, although no doubt they will re-surface. :)

TIA

The A3

Are TG916 and 917 changing from 777 to A350, if so when will it be?

Also the small economy cabin upstairs on the A380, is it any good or just difficult to book?

Finally, this morning there were some TG offers knocking about but now they seem to have disappeared, although no doubt they will re-surface. :)

TIA

The A350 flight in and out of London, will commence from 18th September 2017.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/274238/thai-moves-a350-london-service-to-mid-sep-2017/

Edited by firth1974
added link
  • Upvote 1

firth Thanks for the heads up, it looks like TG are putting their eggs in the A350 market rather than the 777 one, although from the UK I must admit to liking Boeings. :)

My fare is showing agin now, £513 for 30/10 to 23/11 if I book direct with Thai, I like that re-assurance rather than trying to save £20 with some of the other travel outlets.