Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best time of year to go to Pattaya?

Hi all, i am thinking of going to pattaya for the first time in April just after the Songkran (was thinking of going during but heard it gets old fast). Is this a good time of year to go as it would b a little quieter? Or is it just dead then? Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi all, i am thinking of going to pattaya for the first time in April just after the Songkran (was thinking of going during but heard it gets old fast). Is this a good time of year to go as it would b a little quieter? Or is it just dead then? Thanks a lot in advance!

Pattaya is never quiet - there are just times that are busier than others. All year you can find many 1000 of girls and 100 of bars.

Often I prefer to go to Pattaya in low season because at that time of year the town is not too overcrowded.

Personally, I would go to Pattaya at any time I got the opportunity. I have been during every month of the year, and have never experienced it being 'Dead'

As a first time visitor Songkran probably would be 'jumping in at the deep-end', however I would recommend everyone see's it at least once.

I like the low-season (June-October), mainly due to the accommodation costs being cheaper, and the place being less crowded.

High season Nov through March - Better weather(slightly cooler but still HOT), more mongers, costs(flights/hotels/ladies) will be more due to supply and demand. You'll still get what you're looking for without problem.

Low season- Hotter/wetter, fewer mongers, costs(flights/hotels/ladies) a little lower due to excess supply. It's quieter but by no means dead. You'll still have a good time and get what you're looking for without problem.

Like many others will tell you, there is no wrong time to be in Thailand, especially Pattaya. Remember that the reason that so many people come to LOS at Songkran is that they enjoy the fun so that for every negative there will be a positive.

As a personal thing for me its the so called, low season that suits me the best as I enjoy the lack of crowds in bars and clubs and the fact that prices are if not cheaper, are on hold and not inflated. In something like 40 trips to LOS I can honestly say that I never had a bad one as far as fun went. I was unlucky late last year when I got an eye infection and that slowed me down but hey, people wearing dark glasses in gogo bars and discos is quite acceptable in Pattaya so you can have fun any time.

Tucker_69er, I usually go to Pattaya at the end of April into early May an have never found myself short of a girl or a good time. Room prices drop immediately after Songkran and as long as your don't want a quite expensive hotel, you will easily find good accommodation within your budget. I usually stay up around Soi Buakhao/Soi LK Metro/Soi Lengkee area in a myriad of small hotels that have good air-conditioned rooms, good bathrooms, big beds and are close to everything you will ever need. Have fun!

Hi,

I think Loy Krathong is the best time to go.

Celebrated nationwide, Loy Krathong is probably Thailand’s most beautiful and enchanting festival. The word loy (or loi) means to float, whilst krathong are small rafts or baskets. Traditionally made from banana leaves or the bark of a banana tree, the krathongs usually contain a candle, incense and flowers. The person who will be floating the krathong will often take a small clipping of their hair or fingernail which will then be added to the krathong together with some coins. The candle and incense are then lit and a wish is made before the krathong is placed on the nearest stretch of water. It is believed that the krathong carries away bad luck and signals a fresh start.

ChiangMai-56-L.jpg

• Upvote 1

Personally, I would go to Pattaya at any time I got the opportunity. I have been during every month of the year, and have never experienced it being 'Dead'

As a first time visitor Songkran probably would be 'jumping in at the deep-end', however I would recommend everyone see's it at least once.

I like the low-season (June-October), mainly due to the accommodation costs being cheaper, and the place being less crowded.

Everyone! Speak for yourself.

Not everyone likes getting buckets or bowls of water slung in their face against their will or without their approval each time they care to leave their hotel. It's not everyones idea of enjoyment when they've spent a small fortune to go on holiday.

• Upvote 1

Everyone! Speak for yourself.

Not everyone likes getting buckets or bowls of water slung in their face against their will or without their approval each time they care to leave their hotel. It's not everyones idea of enjoyment when they've spent a small fortune to go on holiday.

But some do like it..... and I would say for fun and craziness Songkran is the best time to go... for me not, and of course a lot of residents get out of town too. For weather, November works, a little ahead of the higher season. My choice was always September as I like the low season atmosphere, not a fan of crowds. Don;t like the April to June heat...

• Upvote 1

I was there in July and it was for me, the best time. Town was quiet and it just felt "right", always had a seat in a GGB, most of the other punters were Asian in the Walking Street area and generally the place was less crowded but still kicking. If you're a party animal who is social, then probably any time during the high season is best, as you'll soon find a wingman if you need one, but all year round there are plenty of girls.

I agree with avoiding Songkran. A few years ago Songkran in Pattaya was actually fun, but recently the fun has been replaced with idiots using high pressure hoses firing dirty water at you.

hotel wise it really depends upon where you want to be frequenting. If you think that you'll spend more time in LK Metro then I'd opt for one of the LK venues, either Royal Suites, Metropole or Royal Wing which are all close to the LKM area, the Metropole being literally around the corner. Prices from 1600 baht a night which is about £40. Areca lodge is another option within the same area.

Further up town, between Beach and Second road is Soi 5. I stayed at the Pattaya blue Sky which was 1350 baht a night with no breakfast, has a great pool and gym area, very clean and newly built, walk to one or the other end of the road for a MC Taxi or baht bus if the Beach Road end. Bars on the second road end of the Soi and Big C just over the road and up a bit. Soi 6 within spitting distance and a 60 baht MC Taxi ride to LK Metro.

As it is your first time I'd have a look on the map and try to get some orientation of Pattaya, then you'll know where I'm on about. MC Taxis are the best way to get around if you are in a rush, the baht buses run on fixed routes on Soi Bukhao (where the LK Hotels are based) or up and down Beach / Second road (where the Blue Sky is based).

As an edit, I'd check out "Kev-in-Thailand" on youtube, he offers good, solid and helpful advice on getting around and info for the first timer. Otherwise any questions just ask here, someone will have the answer.

Edited by Butch

I have only ever been in "low" season and have in the past suffered through Songkran, you are making the right choice to miss it, your budget will go a long way in funtown at any time of year , as I would expect 2/3 months in a condo for that kind of money. There are better offers on flights in the off season as well as better prices for hotels . The weather can be a lot wetter after july but as it rains mostly at night , who cares Low season also means there is a wider choice of ladies as there is less competition for their services and that can also mean less cost. If you have never been before a each road hotel or a second road hotel would probably not ever have to cross second road if you are only going to be there for 2 weeks and that means less time wandering around looking for taxis or baht busses .When you come back , and you will come back, you will want to spend more and more time there so will need to budget a little more and will then want to explore the other side of second road and Soi Buakhao because that is where the best Value can be found,IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Until this September I had only been in high season, all be it I hadn't been for the past 3 years. This year decided to go in September and truth be told I think it was better. It only rained 2 of the 14 days and the crowds were much thinner. I'm heading back for high season but I'll definitely be going in the low season in future also which I had avoided up until now because of fear of the weather.

• Upvote 1

Hi Welshbrah

I had the same thoughts, always an November / April visitor until I chanced my arm one September and have never looked back since. May - October are now my preferred months. It also gives a decent spread of picking up a cheap flight from EVA or Thai as they frequently have offers during this period.

The rain I can handle. However I have almost been caught out a few times, once when Soi Bukhao flooded but luckily I had left when it was ankle deep and not waist height, another time when it rained heavily the morning I was due to leave, some roads were flooded but my driver managed to get through and another time getting soaked on the back of an MC Taxi. My only tip would be to wear shoes out at night, for fear of stubbing my toe on something I can't see if wearing sandals and it getting infected with the dirty water.

Hi,

I think Loy Krathong is the best time to go.

OP, I would second this. I enjoy the festivities. Everyone (okay, not the punters but your fave girl) gets all dressed up and it becomes a really nice time.

Think mid-late November....somewhat cooler weather. The (western) New Year crowds aren't in town yet.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

OP, I would second this. I enjoy the festivities. Everyone (okay, not the punters but your fave girl) gets all dressed up and it becomes a really nice time.

Think mid-late November....somewhat cooler weather. The (western) New Year crowds aren't in town yet.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Hi,

Yeah its a nice time. Can't go this year.

Sometimes are hotter than others. Sometimes are wetter than others but it is always great. Sometimes are it is more expensive for hotels as it is the busiest time. November and December and most of January has pretty nice weather. Less rain and the winds come from the north so very comfortable.

I have been when it is really hot and humid. You just feel wet all of the time. You don't stop having fun and so many places have aircon.

i would go anytime other than sangkron

I like Sangkron (!) in Bangkok but not in Pattaya. In Pattaya they never seem to stop.

Its great during the day but then you go out at night smartly dressed then in a BB or GGB some giggling twat chucks water over you.

Never had that after 8 or 9 in Bangkok