Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I use it quite a bit since i joined a year or so ago, whether it's to go to the likes of Brighton for a weekend, or Tenerife etc. I find it very cheap, and i get what suits our needs, re having a washing machine and cooking facilities with having a young child. Have had no problems with it whatsoever.

Has anyone used it in Pattaya?

Was just having a look at Pattaya and Bangkok, there are some cracking deals, big really nice places for £20 odd, some offering long term deals.

In general i find accomodation cheap in Thailand anyway, but some of the places offered are very, very good value for money.

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked this for first two nights when we arrive, stunning and two nights for £74

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/18849751

They call them 1 BR, but at 29 sq.m. I don't agree. Not a big fan of those shoebox apartments. Though I'm sure perfectly ok for a few days in Funtown and ok for 1600 baht per night.

Somewhat vague as to exact location?

If you run through the Pics it shows the name as 'The Base', which is located between 2nd Rd and Buakhao, behind LK Residence, near Saisong 11.

I have Airbnb a condo in Bangkok for 2 months prior to deciding where l"ll stay long term. Just be aware many condo buildings do not allow for short term stay. Not sure about the Base. Just use caution if the ad indicates things like "If you have any problems DO NOT ask for help with condo staff". There are several notices in my building indicating less than 1 month rentals are illegal.

My experience with airbnb was overall very good.

I have just booked my AirBnB trip to Hungary for april , having been to Belfast last april , Both Ice Hockey world Championships. and as far as I can see the economics in both those places is far better than the economics of the places I looked at in Pattaya. whilst I have in no way exhausted all the places in Pattaya , from my short searches so far it seems that the prices are higher on AirBnB than in person, but I will update you if I find that to be erroneous.

I go to Pattaya for the temples, of course. But for a friend who is curious,would any Airbnb property owner have an issue with bringing back a bargirl or two? I am sure it would get out to the owner by way of security or hotel staff.

I have Airbnb a condo in Bangkok for 2 months prior to deciding where l"ll stay long term. Just be aware many condo buildings do not allow for short term stay. Not sure about the Base. Just use caution if the ad indicates things like "If you have any problems DO NOT ask for help with condo staff". There are several notices in my building indicating less than 1 month rentals are illegal.

My experience with airbnb was overall very good.

Same in The Base

Edited by Baxer

I go to Pattaya for the temples, of course. But for a friend who is curious,would any Airbnb property owner have an issue with bringing back a bargirl or two? I am sure it would get out to the owner by way of security or hotel staff.

It would usually say on the Airbnb Ad about guests before you booked.

Certainly the one in the OP has no problem, it states so.

Any i have used, the owner usually shows up at the start for access, then you don't see them again until you're leaving anyway, so i doubt would be an issue either way. Some say no parties etc, but none no overnight guests that i have seen.

• 6 months later...

Ruled illegal for daily and weekly rentals. Im glad to see this happen. View Talay 6 was a great place to live until they turned it into a hotel.

https://thepattayanews.com/2018/05/16/thai-court-rules-airbnb-against-the-law-in-thailand-for-daily-and-weekly-rentals-banned/

Edited by RhinoTusk

Ruled illegal for daily and weekly rentals. Im glad to see this happen. View Talay 6 was a great place to live until they turned it into a hotel.

https://thepattayanews.com/2018/05/16/thai-court-rules-airbnb-against-the-law-in-thailand-for-daily-and-weekly-rentals-banned/

But you are still allowed to let your "friends" "borrow" your condo?

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

Seen that, Hua Hin, they have previous for Court Orders that get ignored everywhere else.

Doubt much will change.

Prostitution is illegal to.

Seen that, Hua Hin, they have previous for Court Orders that get ignored everywhere else.

Doubt much will change.

Prostitution is illegal to.

The big hotel interests are affected by AirBnB, so maybe there will be a change.

The big hotel interests are affected by AirBnB, so maybe there will be a change.

Possibly, though the previous 'Court Ruling' from Hua Hin waa something to do with condo's, and got ignored. Can't remember exactly what it was.

Anyway, I'm booked up for VT6 via airbnb for next trip, can update they cancelled, but not holding my breath ...

Yes, I am glad too as my condo development also suffers from the AirBnB stayers, but am not holding my breath for it to be implemented.

My instinct tells me that there won't be much change, but I could add a couple of other reasons as to why there might be.

Firstly, the AirBnB landlords are usually not filing TM30 forms, so there is a large group of tourists not trackable.

Secondly, there is a tax loss to the country as most of (probably all) the landlords aren't reporting the income for tax purposes. If those same people stayed in hotels, the income would be recorded (at least, theoretically) and tax paid on it.

Yes, I am glad too as my condo development also suffers from the AirBnB stayers, but am not holding my breath for it to be implemented.

My instinct tells me that there won't be much change, but I could add a couple of other reasons as to why there might be.

Firstly, the AirBnB landlords are usually not filing TM30 forms, so there is a large group of tourists not trackable.

Secondly, there is a tax loss to the country as most of (probably all) the landlords aren't reporting the income for tax purposes. If those same people stayed in hotels, the income would be recorded (at least, theoretically) and tax paid on it.

Yes Baz, if there's money involved, could make things happen.

Though just read an article about Airbnb being quite proactive in Denmark, where they have agreed to let the Danish Gov know as their hosts rent out the places, so tax can be collected. They seem to think this will get rolled out elsewhere to 'deal' with the tax issue.

Hi All I just arrived yesterday and saw my condo for the first time. First I have to say ,its on Threpaya rather than threpassit but, notwithstanding the mistake I made in naming the street wrong , I actually knew where it was just got the street name mixed up, this place is beautiful. It has everything I could wish for and is hospital clean, probably won't be when I go home, and is extremely well equipped.Unless something strange happens, and this is Thailand after all so nothing is impossible ,I think I am going to be very happy here.I would recomend this place to anyone on the hunt. I always have a Bike and the walk to the main road is not really for anyone who is not great on their feet like myself and that could be a deal breaker for others , but that would so far seem to be it's only drawback.

• Upvote 1

I have, since I last posted, booked what seems to be a great AirBnB place at a super price(£512), for two months just of Threpassit rd. I will be there on thursday morning and will update on the reality as opposed to the pictures.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/10533346

That place definitely defines the word "boutique"!