Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

1 hour ago, Regyai said:

Beach Road....

Perplexed me for years as to how Thais have such difficulty getting water to go into the sea.

With all the concrete they've put down over the decades, not enough green space is left to absorb the rain and help mitigate the flooding.

There's also the matter that with the volume of water that falls during a tropical storm, it would be a cost prohibitive project to build a big enough drainage system to handle peak runoff. Best they can hope for is to move as much water to the sea as possible and decrease the length of time the streets are flooded. That seems to have happened as the flood waters recede much more quickly than just a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

I appreciate that to build a proper drainage (like a proper infrastructure in most other aspects of the city) would really require levelling the place and starting from scratch with some planning/foresight.

But what I actually raised... draining BEACH Road into the (adjacent) sea, not really a Herculean feat of engineering.

2 minutes ago, Regyai said:

I appreciate that to build a proper drainage (like a proper infrastructure in most other aspects of the city) would really require levelling the place and starting from scratch with some planning/foresight.

But what I actually raised... draining BEACH Road into the (adjacent) sea, not really a Herculean feat of engineering.

They finally got smart and removed the curbs at the low dips in the footpath along Beach Rd, that helped quite a bit.

They still have to contend with the torrent of water running down the side soi's. The soi 13's are particularly bad for the volume of water that comes from those soi's and crosses Beach Rd. The pics below are not as bad as I've seen in other storms, probably because I was late on the scene to catch it at max flooding stage.

To handle that volume of water they'd probably have to turn the soi 13's into canals that pass under Beach Rd. But as there isn't much height above sea level at that point, they'd have to resort to massive pumps like they now have near the WS entrance to move that volume of water into the sea.

P8270087.jpg

P8270075.jpg

• Upvote 2
On 10/26/2023 at 6:46 AM, yorta2 said:

Wow, I'd love to restore it. May have been stolen and dumped though, seeing as it is still plated.

If you able to do it and have the money there’s loads around the town and villages just dumped you’d just need to knock on the doors and ask if you can buy it but better you get a Thai friend to do it😊

• Upvote 1

Could someone post what has happened at the old Made In Thailand complex please? Is it called 'Myth'? 

Thanks 

32 minutes ago, keyman said:

Could someone post what has happened at the old Made In Thailand complex please? Is it called 'Myth'? 

Thanks 

@teelack posted about his walk through of MYTH yesterday. I heard from another LD's are 180B, very high IMHO for a beer bar.

• Upvote 1

Thanks FBWU.

I actually worded that wrongly and was after any pics of that area to see what it looks like now - sorry!

KM

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, keyman said:

Thanks FBWU.

I actually worded that wrongly and was after any pics of that area to see what it looks like now - sorry!

KM

There are a few you tube videos around, David Strachan went down there recently, possibly last week. Basically it is just more beer bars just brighter and shinier than the old complex.

14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Posted about his walk through of MYTH yesterday. I heard from another LD's are 180B, very high IMHO for a beer bar.

Yes it is...... does that allow her to come sit with you and put her phone away, or she stays on the owner side of the bar and you are separated by a yard of wood?

2 hours ago, jacko said:

Yes it is...... does that allow her to come sit with you and put her phone away, or she stays on the owner side of the bar and you are separated by a yard of wood?

It's been years since I've been to a bar where they have an owner side and where all the ladies would hang out. Always thought it an odd arrangement to have the substantial physical barrier between you and your possible future wife for the night.

One such bar I had bought a LD and the lady remained on the owner side. When I asked her to come around and sit with me, her reply is she could only leave the owner side if the customer BF her. Whether true or not, it was enough for me drink up and leave never to return.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1