Jump to content
Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

Am I in the wrong toilet, or has Pattaya gone non binary?

20230917_094128.jpg

The rates... in BigCX  anyhow.

20230917_102150.jpg

 

This is a recently completed paving area, Steven King's IT is living down there!

20230917_103753.jpg

 

BMW drivers, same the world over. FU everyone else.....

20230917_104254.jpg

 

This old bar area is behind Ali Baba Indian, corner Klang and Beach Rd. Many years ago my landlord had 2 bars there and owned the world. Burned the candle at both ends, had a stroke, bar business just took a nose dive..life crashed. The area is still decrepit  well over a decade later, and dogs make me fearful to be there. Wonder if he is even still alive.

20230917_104953.jpg

 

Hello, what is the next traffic jamming weekend event?

20230917_105111.jpg

 

Queuing to get into the mall?

20230917_105501.jpg

 

This Thai restaurant always popular with in town Thais..patiently queueing there. On Klang opposite what was/is The Flying Vegetable restaurant.

20230917_121917.jpg

Later addition.

A place to eat near where I live out of town..anybody know it?

20230917_174932.jpg

 

Edited by jacko
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The concreting of the Second Road end Soi 15 appears to be complete. Not only that, but road markings are being done. 

The bad news is that the concrete feels very undulating when walking over it, so be prepared for wet feet after some rain if you are a pedestrian. 

20230922_144711.jpg

I'm not entirely sure of the status of Second Road at that intersection. It might be regarded as complete, but I hope not as there are a lot of improvements which could be made e.g. see the drain cover in this picture:

20230922_144546.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2023 at 1:29 PM, jacko said:

A place to eat near where I live out of town..anybody know it?

I think some bloke and a girl did a livestream from there some time ago .. Is it Slow ride coffee and cafe or a place very near there ?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I think some bloke and a girl did a livestream from there some time ago .. Is it Slow ride coffee and cafe or a place very near there ?

Spot on!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Something good might have come out of the Soi 15 fiasco! 

When Soi 15 was inaccessible at both ends, the sub-soi that runs between Soi Buakhao and Soi 15 was being used a lot. (Many of us refer to it as Soi Casino, for what are now only historical reasons!)

Soi Casino is mostly a dirt track with bad potholes, except where it runs from Soi 15 up to between the Whisper and Kokotel hotels, which has been concreted.

20231003_171341.jpg

20231003_171304.jpg

I notice today that it has been blocked off where the concrete ends, and it looks like the concreting is being extended.

20231003_171442.jpg

20231003_171615.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Something good might have come out of the Soi 15 fiasco! 

When Soi 15 was inaccessible at both ends, the sub-soi that runs between Soi Buakhao and Soi 15 was being used a lot. (Many of us refer to it as Soi Casino, for what are now only historical reasons!)

Soi Casino is mostly a dirt track with bad potholes, except where it runs from Soi 15 up to between the Whisper and Kokotel hotels, which has been concreted.

20231003_171341.jpg

20231003_171304.jpg

I notice today that it has been blocked off where the concrete ends, and it looks like the concreting is being extended.

20231003_171442.jpg

20231003_171615.jpg

Curious why it is called Soi Casino.  I've been visiting since 1999 and first I heard this.  I always hated that soi.  Seemed like every time I walked it at least one dog got territorial.  Never attacked but had to keep my eyes open and had to reach down as if picking up a rock a few times. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shooter said:

Curious why it is called Soi Casino.  I've been visiting since 1999 and first I heard this.  I always hated that soi.  Seemed like every time I walked it at least one dog got territorial.  Never attacked but had to keep my eyes open and had to reach down as if picking up a rock a few times. 

The building behind the green privacy netting at one time housed one of a couple illegal casinos scattered around Pattaya.

N5ISHakrRu.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

For those interesting in practicing their off road riding skills, Soi Casino is in fine shape for that.
PA220003.jpg

PA220004.jpg

PA220007.jpg

Soi Pothole is also in fine shape for challenging your riding skills.
PA220009.jpg

PA220011.jpg

PA220013.jpg

PA220014.jpg

Clever idea for a hydroponic garden.
PA220017.jpg

PA220018.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi Pothole is also in fine shape for challenging your riding skills

Well, if  the rain I got at my place yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, North of town , reached there, U bet it's looking pretty today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jacko said:

Well, if  the rain I got at my place yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, North of town , reached there, U bet it's looking pretty today. 

Can't find it now, but remember seeing a video of the flood waters rushing down Khao Talo. A not unusual occurrence when we get a heavy downpour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Can't find it now, but remember seeing a video of the flood waters rushing down Khao Talo. A not unusual occurrence when we get a heavy downpour.

I recall seeing a geyser erupting from a drain by nearly a foot on Soi Siam CC some years back when i lived there....all very well having a drain to take it from the higher ground.. but it needs to have the capacity down hill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacko said:

I recall seeing a geyser erupting from a drain by nearly a foot on Soi Siam CC some years back when i lived there....all very well having a drain to take it from the higher ground.. but it needs to have the capacity down hill. 

See the same on Arunotai. Beach Rd also has some nice geysers as well. Pic from Aug, 2021.

P8270070.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...