Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Many people have told me the Nana Hotel is a "must" for a newbie because its sort of its legendary icon status. And I've been told the go-go there is excellent and the hotel is centrally located to NEP and the Parking lot :finger However, after making my reservations for 5 days, I now come across posts that say the rooms are full of cockroaches? :cussing I don't mind noise and party-all-night neighbors (I may join them), but the though of the pestilence crawling around my face while I sleep is a bit much. So, if I do come across a roach will I get my money back? (from what I've read so far THAIS do give money back). I paid with a CC, so I guess I could dispute charges?

Ok, bottom line... how bad is it really.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nana rooms are weathered they are redoing 1 floor or another all the time so you could ask for a newer room but I like the place and think everyone should try is once and as far as cockroaches the only one I ever saw was one by the elevators that Jimmy smashed and funny it was there for a few days after also :rolleyes: Speaking of cockroaches I was in the Carrefour a couple of days ago in Pattaya and a cockroach was walking along the bakery case and fell into a basket of bread :nod so when thinking about Nana having cockroachs it is not the Nana but all of Thailand but what's

the big deal the girls eat them anyway :D

Mr. tengotodo,

Let's put his thing into proper perspective regarding cockroaches. Some of the very boardies that will condemn the Nana for a few roaches are the same guys that will munch the carpet on a BKK pole-hanger!!! (of course I would NEVER do something like that) :rolleyes:

I stayed at the Nana and the only roach I saw was the one Soi 7 mentioned in the previous post.

Go and stay there as a LOS "right of passage," then graduate to better digs on future stays in BKK. Rgds, James

Hi

Nana is just across from NEP so handy. Iv'e stayed there and other places in Bangkok and always end up back in the Nana. Never saw any roaches there and I think it is good value for Bangkok. Some members seem to have arguments in hotels and then bad mouth staff, hotel, food, pool etc. I had some problems in Flipper Lodge in Pattaya but would still recommend it as most people have no problems there and it's value for money.

I think that staying at the Nana is something you have to do at least once as a rite of passage. It's definitely showing it's age, but if they continue the remodeling throughout the entire property it should turn out pretty well. I've stayed there twice: the first time I swore I never would again, but I gave it a second chance last November and it was acceptable. I've never seen any cockroaches or other vermin (not counting the skinny and very weird looking khatoey with the huge boobs who seems to hang out in the lobby all the time).

FWIW, I have a confirmed reservation at the Majestic Suites for the first few nights of my return trip in early November this year.

The rooms are looking a bit of the worn side but they're well laid out and I've yet to see a roach there.

There don't have a go go, but the infamous disco doesn't shut until an hour after NEP. OK, but usually overcrowded.

I'd recommend anyone to try it at least once. It's certainly an experience. :D

I've stayed at the Nana on 3 separate occasions. I remember my first visit very well. I too had read the reports, good and bad, but needed to check it out for myself. After all, the Nana is whore monger central and I don't think you can say that you've "done" Bangkok unless you've stayed at the Nana.

Anyhow, on my first visit I got out of the cab and one of the bellhops had already grabbed my bag from the trunk and proceeded to lead me through the automatic doors. My first impression of the Nana was the overwhelming smell of chemical bug killer that hit me in the face. My first reaction was, "Sh*t, what did I get myself into?". Now, I hate bugs so I made it a point to keep my eye out for any. By the way, that first visit was the only time I smelled bug killer. I guess I got "lucky" on my first visit. In that climate even the very best hotels have to spray for pests. They're probably just a little more subtle when they do it.

The lobby is a little dated but still fairly well kept for the high volume of traffic that goes through this hotel. It's the kind of place where they will politely ask you to not put your foot on the coffee tables in the lobby if you're sitting next to one. That tells me that they do try their best(remember, ThisIsThailand).

On my first visit I was in one of the older rooms. Yeah, it needed to be renovated but it was clean and everything worked. I'm happy to say that I didn't see a single bug, other than a mosquito or two, during that, or subsequent stays. You won't run screaming from the Nana because of any strange creatures in your room other than the very tall "girl" you picked up the night before while in a drunken haze.

Don't be concerned. While there are nicer places you won't regret staying there at least once.

I caution you though that if you'd consider trying to get your money back because of things like a bug or two than maybe Bangkok(or Pattaya) might not be for you. You'll have to deal with sights and smells that you may not be used to. If you're open-minded and adaptable to different situations you'll have a great time.

The Thai's give money back?? Where?

Go. Stay at the Nana. You'll have a great time. It's f*cking Bangkok baby!!!

Edited by cenctm

Nana has foam mattresses. Very comfortable, especially when compared to alot of other hotels in LOS. In addition the have a headboard that is padded. If you like to sit up in bed and watch Telly then you will find the bed very comfortable. The rooms are not that bad. Personally I don't think dynasty in BKK is much better and nana has a great breakfast. it is a buffet and it is one of the few place in thailand where they cook bacon properly. I normally load up and the fired eggs sunny side up and lots of bacon. A few pastries and some fruit. They also have plenty of foos that the BG like. If you tell them that you ahave 2 people in your room then they will give you 2 breakfast tickets for each night. Plenty of guys brings their BG to breakfast there. :finger <grin

The Nana restaurant is OK. The new pool looks nice.

The rooms? I was given a tour of the hotel in September of '04 and they couldn't pay me enough to stay there. Total flophouse aka skidrow hotel. I've had more than one NEP a-go-go girl tell me, "if you stay Nana, I no stay with you." The place is a pit! Each to his own.

Edited by Samsonite
I've even had more than one NEP a-go-go girl tell me, "if you stay Nana, I don't stay with you.

Then you kick that spoiled cunt to the curb <laugh

You pay you say many more where she came from B)

Hey,

My wife has stayed with me at nana and didin't complain. We now stay at either majestic grande( i have coupons for 2k baht) or euro park(soi 1) 1k baht a night. But she really did NOT <laugh like flipper in pattaya. If you think nana is a dump what do you call flipper? B) :D

thanks for everyone's input. the majority overwhelmingly suggests the Nana is NOT bug-infested and is an "experience" I should not miss. I continue to agree based upon the survey results. And if the BG refuses me cuz I'm in the Nana, I will find another. Besides, I'm sure every BG knows that cheap hotel means more Baht for girl. I'll be there for New Year's celebration! -Pat

I stayed one night and ran. It's NOT that cheap and the rooms we where in where dirty. Yes, there are bugs.

My friends stayed the same night and where equally unimpressed.

In fact, staying at Nana was my idea and they still rib me for making the reservation.

I understand that some people love the place. Up to you. This is just my opinion

Have fun,

Sailfast

I stayed in the Nana 6 years ago during my first LOS trip & it was run down then . Stayed again last week for 1 night & that was enough , the place is really run down now with antique plumbing & threadbare carpets . The strange part was that they were fully booked - I guess some people are easily pleased .

If you like the location I would suggest the Dynasty inn across the street . Same location , same price but a much nicer hotel . Only reason I used the Nana was because the Dynasty was full .

I have never posted photos, but, when I stay in BKK I always stay at Nana. I stay in the suite rooms, cost about 2000 baht per night, but you get much more room, 2 TV's etc. Never seen any bugs. Only drawback is you are only allowed 2 guests and some of the rooms are over the disc.

Ty_

436e.jpg7c7c.jpg2269.jpg8d46.jpg

Edited by Ty_Stick

Well I decided to take the plung and do Nana hotel upon arrival in BKK. I feel a little easier about it being my 2nd trip. Like has been said here "right of passage". The 11:45pm arrival of Korean Air help my decision too, lol.

i stayed at the nana hotel last august, cheap hotel and food good, room ok, nothing flash but ok, i stay there because its right in the middle of the action and thats why im in bangkok !! ill stay there again before i hit pattaya...

stayed at the nana hotel last august, cheap hotel and food good, room ok, nothing flash but ok, i stay there because its right in the middle of the action and thats why im in bangkok !! ill stay there again before i hit pattaya...

Same, same.