Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Post your favorite music

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Bump this one into life again! M83. here with a beautiful piece of pomp and majesty from the excellent Interstellar movie.(All IMHO of course). It does go silent for a few seconds just after the start. It is also being used as Title track for the latest BBC historical extravaganza. (Ist impressions from Episode 1 are pretty good, but a bit "wiggy" :lol: )

Hi,

This guy was a big star when I was young. The album sold 10 million copies when it was released and around the same since. He played in BigD's neck of the woods the other day. Still going strong.

http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/peter-frampton-lynyrd-skynyrd-play-at-clipper-magazine-stadium/article_471b0558-2de4-11e6-a695-9fdc49e8fdf0.html

Hi,

This guy was a big star when I was young. The album sold 10 million copies when it was released and around the same since. He played in BigD's neck of the woods the other day. Still going strong.

http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/peter-frampton-lynyrd-skynyrd-play-at-clipper-magazine-stadium/article_471b0558-2de4-11e6-a695-9fdc49e8fdf0.html

He has an acoustic special on cable currently here in the USA.

The promo shows him playing "Do You Feel Like We Do" but it is not the same without an electric guitar and a talk box.

I never really much liked his later stuff, but at the time I really liked this very early single, that Frampton as a very young lead singer (16 or 17 years old) of The Herd made. Had the devil's job getting hold of a 45 copy a few years back, YouTube was not as "all encompassing" then! An insight into the "glorious standard" of video/film accompaniaments available to us back in the mid 60s too! :lol:

Edited by Fatboyfat

He has an acoustic special on cable currently here in the USA.

The promo shows him playing "Do You Feel Like We Do" but it is not the same without an electric guitar and a talk box.

Hi,

I saw him during the big tour in the 70's and he played an acoustic part of the show at that time too. I prefer him on the electric guitar as well.

Hi,

I saw him during the big tour in the 70's and he played an acoustic part of the show at that time too. I prefer him on the electric guitar as well.

I saw him with Humble Pie at the Fillmore in San Francisco in the early 70's. At least I think he was in the band then. My knowledge of groups was not very good then.

It could have been at the Lee Michael's concert. It could have been to see Savoy Brown. More likely the latter as I believe Albert Hall was a lead act for Michaels.

A whole lot of water under that bridge.

This was it:

2205201416250039.jpg

Here is a handbill for the Michaels concert:

2205201416250040.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today I was watching Trump....and the Cowboy hats and the pure Americana of a Rep convention.....

And for some reason this old clip came to mind......... Apart from ex 'Wrecking Crew' Glen Campbell nowadays blighted by the grip of Alzheimers, I haven't a foggiest who the rest are.......What James T Kirk is doing there I don't know!! . But what a great rendition. So relaxed so in control of the music.

PS the 'Wrecking Crew' were the greatest ever bunch of session musicians

Edited by atlas2

I think this is the best cover of a Stones' song I have ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8TeBect-zc

Good, but I think I still prefer the Stones latter day, extended version of this. They still do it and it is one of the tracks where Mick Taylor joins in, and is his "piece de resistance" really.

I saw Santana in Bangkok earlier this year; they are regular visitors: As good as ever, and the links with Carabao were good.

Good, but I think I still prefer the Stones latter day, extended version of this. They still do it and it is one of the tracks where Mick Taylor joins in, and is his "piece de resistance" really.

I saw Santana in Bangkok earlier this year; they are regular visitors: As good as ever, and the links with Carabao were good.

As I qualified, I was praising a cover and not the original group's revamped version.