Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

They should have made Buakhao one way today. The picture below doesn't show it well, but Buakhao is gridlocked from Soi Lengkee north to Klang due to the electric line work.
PB230002.jpg

PB230003.jpg

PB230008.jpg

Looks like they're going to have the holes filled on 2nd Rd before the traffic madness starts tomorrow.
PB230010.jpg

• Like 1
15 hours ago, blue_flag said:

DSCF0250.jpg

A selection of street food for this evening's Fireworks Festival event.

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0253.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0270.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0308.jpg

DSCF0310.jpg

DSCF0311.jpg

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0313.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

Man, I love those whole barbecued squid and eat them almost every day when in Thailand.

Anybody make it to the fireworks last night? Wow it was crowded, despite there being a vast expanse of new, reclaimed beach, they filled it. I got a deck chair, by far a more comfortable option, and better than getting squeezed from your spot by an ever increasing group of Russians!

More of the same tonight, with bigger crowds I expect. I had a pretty slow, painful drive in and I went early to my hotel. Was at the North end in front of the Holiday Inn, and that hotel, kudos to them, opened up their basement toilets for free use... now that is unusual here. My beers made them a blessing to end my pain. Sadly, there was a lot of dead time, between show 2 and 3 for example, an hour and a half was a concert somewhere miles away and the feed to the North end was poor, so I was pretty bored. China, as usual, a great display.

One amusing incident, my Mrs had her handbag across her chest and she must have looked like a ticket collector and an Indian, who was with his wife, asked her how much for 2 deck chairs....I said 'why are you asking her' and promptly asked him how much for an evening suit, single breasted, one jacket and two trousers. Also, later on, a Thai group left early and one of the Russians was quick to move from the sand to an open deck chair, then a Thai guy came collecting money and boy he moved fast the other way.

20231124_193441.jpg

20231124_193429.jpg

20231124_191703.jpg

20231124_191657.jpg

20231124_191632_01.jpg

Edited by jacko
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jacko said:

Anybody make it to the fireworks last night? Wow it was crowded, despite there being a vast expanse of new, reclaimed beach, they filled it. I got a deck chair, by far a more comfortable option, and better than getting squeezed from your spot by an ever increasing group of Russians!

More of the same tonight, with bigger crowds I expect. I had a pretty slow, painful drive in and I went early to my hotel. Was at the North end in front of the Holiday Inn, and that hotel, kudos to them, opened up their basement toilets for free use... now that is unusual here. My beers made them a blessing to end my pain. Sadly, there was a lot of dead time, between show 2 and 3 for example, an hour and a half was a concert somewhere miles away and the feed to the North end was poor, so I was pretty bored. China, as usual, a great display.

One amusing incident, my Mrs had her handbag across her chest and she must have looked like a ticket collector and an Indian, who was with his wife, asked her how much for 2 deck chairs....I said 'why are you asking her' and promptly asked him how much for an evening suit, single breasted, one jacket and two trousers. Also, later on, a Thai group left early and one of the Russians was quick to move from the sand to an open deck chair, then a Thai guy came collecting money and boy he moved fast the other way.

20231124_193441.jpg

20231124_193429.jpg

20231124_191703.jpg

20231124_191657.jpg

20231124_191632_01.jpg

0B0A4839-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Could not agree more regarding the crowds; it reminded me of leaving Elland Road in the 1970's.

Edited by blue_flag
  • Haha 1

Good morning Pattaya
PC010013.jpg

A crew was busy this morning reminding motorists which way to drive on Beach Rd. Curiously, those reminders are missing from 2nd Rd.
PC010005.jpg

Sad to see some can't be bothered to carry their garbage out with them. I watched a group that was sitting on the beach pick up their matts, garbage tumbling to the ground, and then walk off leaving the pile you see to the left in the picture below. All to common an occurrence here I'm afraid.
PC010004.jpg

• Like 2