Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya Area Construction Projects

This might be the reason the footpath destruction and reconstruction is moving in fits and starts. They started on putting in new curbs on the north end many, many months ago, but for some reason they didn't continue on the entire length of Beach Rd. Now they're finally getting around to replacing the curbs on the south end, and until they do that's holding up the footpath work. Amazing Thailand.

PB210006.jpg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I inspected this morning round about 0830.  These are genuine and no AI enhancements.  

Today's Soi 15 disaster update. Not easy to see in this photo, but the seam on the left side of the DIY access tube hasn't been sealed and you can see th

Moving towards Soi Buakhao some progress has been made.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

This might be the reason the footpath destruction and reconstruction is moving in fits and starts. They started on putting in new curbs on the north end many, many months ago, but for some reason they didn't continue on the entire length of Beach Rd. Now they're finally getting around to replacing the curbs on the south end, and until they do that's holding up the footpath work. Amazing Thailand.

I was thinking what a mess only the other day... Second Rd is still crawling traffic most of the day near 13/2 and Northwards. All of this as probably the biggest town filling event outside Songkran is scheduled for Friday and Saturday nights, The International Fireworks Competition. Usually a lot of locals try to drive into town and park in the City those nights, and nothing will deter them. I always hope things will be okay on the night, 

Beach Rd is getting lane markings this morning.
PB220011.jpg

Meanwhile on the section from the WS entrance to 2nd Rd they're digging a trench.
PB220013.jpg

Something else I noticed about the new curb project, they're putting in new curbs from this point to the south.
PB220005.jpg

But the section to the north they're leaving in place the old curbs. Could be they're waiting until they rip up the old footpath, but that then begs the question why did they skip this section to start on the footpath rebuild south of this point.
PB220008.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

free shade ?mad hatter's all. baht/baht ! venders , tourist all.

beach was better then they had the bushes trimmed into dolphins elephants and

other shapes .Free ! no no nong nooch gradens will lose customers this must go.

after 40 yrs i am beyond cynical.  

• Confused 2
19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Beach Rd is getting lane markings this morning.

Well it suggests a state of completion although they are of little meaning here. 

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Amazing Thailand! How to fck up something as simple as rebuilding a footpath.
PC130009.jpg

I'd like to meet the genius that thought it was a good idea to place the concrete block for the underground conduit smack dab in the middle of what little space remained on the footpath.
PC130011.jpg

I'm wondering why the project plan, if one exists, called for skipping the section in front of Mike's mall.
PC130003.jpg

Once they put the pavers in we'll have a flat surface to walk on, even around the trees. But motorbikes and trucks rolling over the unsupported bricks around the trees will make short work of the flat walking surface.
PC130002.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Amazing Thailand! How to fck up something as simple as rebuilding a footpath.

LOL..... one often feels like knocking on the head and asking if anyone is home.....oh well, look on the bright side, it will deter cyclists and motorcyclists, but poor old mobility scooters!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jacko said:

LOL..... one often feels like knocking on the head and asking if anyone is home.....oh well, look on the bright side, it will deter cyclists and motorcyclists, but poor old mobility scooters!

Look we all know if you are on a mobility scooter in Pattaya you are already fucked.  😅

I am just recovering from a new hip and have gone through 2 new knees over the years.  I'm not even close to needing a mobility scooter but Pattaya can be daunting getting around even for me.

• Like 1

Shame it takes is bad publicity for shoddy project planning of the footpath to get corrected.

The problem they're facing is trees need a certain amount of open surface area for the tree to survive. The boxes that are now around the tree are probably the minimum required. So the contractor talking about making them smaller will only result in the trees dying off in a year or two.

YFtYxMh8sq.jpg

23 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Shame it takes is bad publicity for shoddy project planning of the footpath to get corrected.

The way trees get cut back here it is surprising they need any space to grow, Anybody see what the butchers have done to the trees on soi 5, Jomtien, on the way to immigration. They robbed people of shade and birds of a perch!

Edited by jacko
2 hours ago, jacko said:

The way trees get cut back here it is surprising they need any space to grow, Anybody see what the butchers have done to the trees on soi 5, Jomtien, on the way to immigration. They robbed people of shade and bird of a perch!

Good point, sounds silly but up country i watched birds building a nest, interesting. There is a small forest across from my house and a good view.  Pattaya is what it is and i love it but a bit of greenery makes a wonderful thing. Easily done too. I lived at Northpoint for 6 years which was landscaped by Noon Nuch and brilliant. 

• Like 1

Pictures of the redo work after the bad publicity of the last couple of days. Wonder why they didn't plan and construct the conduits to come out on the beach side of the footpath.

One of the things that makes it interesting to live here. There's never a shortage of stupid things to take pictures of and comment on.

PC170001.jpg

PC170002.jpg

PC170004.jpg

PC170005.jpg

• Like 1

DSCF3130-Edit.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 10.53.21.png

The above is the area which I think is being developed as the night market and is the area surrounded by the green netting.

DSCF3133.jpg

DSCF3134.jpg

I have  no idea what the area to the right of the netting is being developed for.  

11 hours ago, Bazle said:

It looked like construction work had re-commenced on the Las Vegas beer bars (Soi Diana) as I walked by a little earlier today:

Must  be working wonders on traffic there.......I presume the soi Diana entrance is the only way in and out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometime earlier this week one of the two shower stations had shower heads installed. I don't see that style of shower head lasting more than a week. I figure either vandals will make short work of them, or someone will come along and see it as a free rain shower head for their bathroom.
P2030020.jpg

They need more water pressure for this type of shower head though. They also should have put in auto off faucet valves.
P2030022.jpg

Wonder what they're waiting for to complete the second of the two shower stations.
P2030029.jpg

More decorations going up for the Year of the Dragon celebration.
P2030030.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...