Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Financial crisis

Where is Owen, the financial gure on this board, when we need his opinion? Has the US finally managed to stuff up the financial system for good or is there some light at the end of the tunnel? :cry2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware the gurus.

People in the game and advanced in years often suffer from the same staid wrong-headed approach based on fundamentals that they take as pretty constant which are in fact fully variable.

The US is suffering from 8 years of scum with his OWN AGENDA.The scum cares not one jot for 'America' or 'Americans' and has simply not even maintained the country in his time in office - just the opposite, systemtic subversions and dismantling while raping every aspect of your country financially (and ethically, constitution and habeus corpus etc).It's all grinding to a halt, and couldn't happen to a more ignorant, self-serving superficial populus.

Fuck you you torturing murdering shameless scum.

Long-term decline is inevitable...................keep saving for your 'retirement', you conservative suckers, see if you can keep pace with inflation and the long-term decline of your worthless fake Dollar.

USA and ISRAEL, hope that you go down together..............you're virtually one and the same anyway..........Nazi bastards.

Beware the gurus.

People in the game and advanced in years often suffer from the same staid wrong-headed approach based on fundamentals that they take as pretty constant which are in fact fully variable.

The US is suffering from 8 years of scum with his OWN AGENDA.The scum cares not one jot for 'America' or 'Americans' and has simply not even maintained the country in his time in office - just the opposite, systemtic subversions and dismantling while raping every aspect of your country financially (and ethically, constitution and habeus corpus etc).It's all grinding to a halt, and couldn't happen to a more ignorant, self-serving superficial populus.

Long-term decline is inevitable...................keep saving for your 'retirement', you conservative suckers, see if you can keep pace with inflation and the long-term decline of your worthless fake Dollar.

USA and ISRAEL, hope that you go down together..............you're virtually one and the same anyway..........Nazi bastards.

You are far too over the top in your hatred of all things American, These problems were not caused by ordinary Americans - they were caused by evil people who run America from Wall Street.

It is true to say that the American people are in for some severe financial re-adjustment and yes many of their financial woes stem from their longterm foreign policy in Palestine but it is wrong to describe Americans as a self serving superficial populous.

The reduction of interest rates to 1% and the printing of non-backed trillions of dollars after 9/11 by the greedy bankers in the Federal Reserve ignited the current sub-prime crisis but there is no doubt the invasion of Iraq is what has really destroyed America. The days of dollar hegemony are over so therefore American's living standards will no longer be subsidised by the rest of the world's need to purchase dollars to buy oil.

There are people in America that are denying that they are in recession when infact they are heading into a depression ... the rest of the world will go into a recession because of this.

Watch the Dow Jones index fall below 10000 in the next few months before it eventually bottoms out at around 6000.

Most likely the ECB and the Japanese will intervene to stop the dollar loosing another 20% of it's value this year.

The only way that America can get out of this mess is to elect a new President that is a polar opposite to the one that they have with regard to the economy and foreign policy.

Americans will have to tighten their belts and get rid of the gas guzzlers.

The Almero will never happen because there is no way the people of Canada are going to suffer to make the greedy bankers on Wall Street richer.

I am just an ordinary guy looking on from the outside at the destruction of America which is a country that I love.

I'm sure that some die hard Republican supporters will come on and say that I am completely wrong and that a weak dollar is great for American exports - the only thing is that America outsourced most of it's manufacturing base to China years ago and most of the employees in America's manufacturing plants are now very low paid Hispanic workers.

I'll bet the republicans think that I am just an ungrateful pink democratic loving commmie liberal.

Touristman you are very wrong to gloat about America's severe problems - most Americans are among the nicest people in the whole world.

Edited by dontcha

Hi,

As has been said before on this forum this Century is an Eastern one. I think the decline in the $ is related to that and we Westerners have got to get used to bending over for our Eastern masters.

Beware the gurus.

Beware of the hate mongering idiots. In all the years of participating on many forums have I EVER seen such a hate filled sick puppy as this person who call himself touristman. You must be a miserable sick person who has such a hate in his heart. I really don't know whether to hate you or just feel sorry for you. At his point, I feel like you should just eat shit and die. No smiley here.

There are people in America that are denying that they are in recession when infact they are heading into a depression

This is a great quote! It sums up the way I feel right now. Another quote that fits this situation is the music has stopped but people are still dancing. I think people are starting to know there is a problem but think there will be a quick bounce and the good times are back. I think things will need to stay bad for 5 years or more if anyone is going to learn even a small lesson. As far as long term buy hold investing. Most of the major blue chips have had decades of worth erased in just a few quarters. The clock has been reset backwards. LTBH is only good if you are lucky enough to jump in at the right time though I'm not saying the average investor should try to time the market either. The best suggestion I can give is be diversified as possible.

I'd like to see this American bashing stop. I do not support the war in Iraq nor the country bumpkin policies of GW Bush. Actually as soon as I can I'm getting the hell out of America over to LOS so that should say something. I don't think any of the candidates this time around are that great but I think I'll vote for Obama if he gets the nomination. He seems focused on diplomacy which I think is our biggest problem right now.

Edited by ginseng
Actually as soon as I can I'm getting the hell out of America over to LOS so that should say something.

Are you leaving because you think things in America are really so bad, or because of the LBFM's in Thailand?

I'd like to see this American bashing stop.

Me too............but it's got to be justified.So many people had outrage when Gitmo happened and say nothing now.If anything the abuses (home and abroad) have got worse............or at least more of their lies (Diego Garcia etc) are being uncovered.They are trying to bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran (funny eh? - twats) now and no-one gives a shit.

Impeachment is off the table?..........................fuck of you twats!....................and Ginseng, you want the America-bashing to stop? Get real, friend (said with the same sincerity that the venal bitch Nancy Grace signs off with).I know that there are plenty of 'good' Americans, my problem is that they do fuck all and could barely care less.Most seem comfortable with it all......................disgraceful.

Fuck USA, fuck ISREAL....................active Nazi bastards.

:drunk :clap2 :beer

Me too............but it's got to be justified.So many people had outrage when Gitmo happened and say nothing now.If anything the abuses (home and abroad) have got worse............or at least more of their lies (Diego Garcia etc) are being uncovered.They are trying to bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran (funny eh? - twats) now and no-one gives a shit.

Impeachment is off the table?..........................fuck of you twats!....................and Ginseng, you want the America-bashing to stop? Get real, friend (said with the same sincerity that the venal bitch Nancy Grace signs off with).I know that there are plenty of 'good' Americans, my problem is that they do fuck all and could barely care less.Most seem comfortable with it all......................disgraceful.

I hope you find another board to spew your hatred on...for your posts, and you, to stay here is a disgrace. People here don't want to read your misery and hatred when they come on this board. Don't be so selfish, post it elsewhere where it's welcomed.

Bush is a nutcase, to be sure, but with any luck, the next president will be a Democrat with some sense. Of course, by then it'll be an impossible job to clean up the mess the Republicans made.

With a Democrat in office, I think we can look forward to higher taxes on the wealthy and a fairly quick slowdown in war spending. If all that happens, the dollar may stabilize.

All bets are off if McCain somehow wins. He'll continue to support a funding of the war machine and the crazy policy of deficit spending out the wazoo. Republicans = national bankruptcy.

j

Save it for the mosque touristman.

we should all welcome touristman's contributions... he makes everybody else seem like well-adjusted intelligent human beings... and who knows he may be a nice fella when he's sober... sorry, that was a silly thing to say... sure he is a prick then too...

and for all those who seem to enjoy financial troubles in america... trouble in america means trouble everywhere else... for what it's worth bear markets and recessions happen... we are a few months into one of both of those... that only means some tremendous stock buying opportunities are ahead... tomorrow or six months from now... wish I knew which is right...

baldviking

Sounds like our boy needs a long time out as his "tude" needs a serious readjustment.

Rule 5 of the forum rules:

No racist or bigoted comments. Comments which criticize specific group of people such as all Thai's are, all bar girls are, all Germans are - will not be allowed.

A statement such as the above is a violation of that rule. And, there is just no reason to spew that kind of generalized hatred of entire nations on this board. Since you were at 75% warning level before, this will take you to 100%, so you are hereby suspended.

You can read this reply in 2039, the next time you'll be able to access the board.

Rule 5 of the forum rules:

A statement such as the above is a violation of that rule. And, there is just no reason to spew that kind of generalized hatred of entire nations on this board. Since you were at 75% warning level before, this will take you to 100%, so you are hereby suspended.

You can read this reply in 2039, the next time you'll be able to access the board.

:allright <grin :bigsmile:

None too soon Martin....thank you!!!!

Bush is a nutcase, to be sure, but with any luck, the next president will be a Democrat with some sense. Of course, by then it'll be an impossible job to clean up the mess the Republicans made.

With a Democrat in office, I think we can look forward to higher taxes on the wealthy and a fairly quick slowdown in war spending. If all that happens, the dollar may stabilize.

All bets are off if McCain somehow wins. He'll continue to support a funding of the war machine and the crazy policy of deficit spending out the wazoo. Republicans = national bankruptcy.

j

For those who haven't been paying attention, the "power of the purse" is held by the US Congress. The President can pressure them to enact his policies, or veto a bill that is bad enough, but it's still the Congress' job. The US had the highest growth rate in the developed world for five years. 1.5 years ago the Democrats took power in both houses of Congress, and now we appear to be sliding into recession. Thanks Pelosi/Reid.

In any case, the current melt down isn't due to lower taxes on the "wealthy", which actually increases economic activity and therefore tax revenue. Nor is it due to the war, which has cost less from 2003 to now than even 1 year of social security expenditures. It is due to a policy of letting people who couldn't afford their homes to get mortgages that they wouldn't be able to pay, and the fed flooding the market with cash to try to bail out the mess.

Edited by tko
For those who haven't been paying attention, the "power of the purse" is held by the US Congress.

Don't forget the role of the Federal Reserve, which is supposed to independently manage the country's monetary supply. BTW, didn't you hear that Bush and Hank Paulson met with Bernanke today, before tomorrow's announcement of a major rate cut? So much for the independent Federal Reserve and Bush's innocence with respect to the faltering economy.