Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Does anyone know how much the seat reservation charges are?

Found a flight for £560 (economy saver).

Can't find out how much seat reservations are....

But the Economy Flex Saver is an extra £130, with free seat reservation.

Maybe this helps.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Don't know about Manchester, but for my flight from Glasgow next year it was £20 per sector. I can't imagine it would be much different for you.

Thanks.

Bit clearer to me now.

I'm buying a Saver ticket and will be able to reserve a seat once online check in is available.

OR pay the extra £160 for a Flexi Saver.

£160 is beers and entertainment is my option.

Understand Emirates online check in opens 48 hrs before your flight

My apologies. Ive never flown Emirates.=, and with the mounting problems in the gulf I doubt I will ever fly any arab airline in the future.

Edited by Goldpanner

My apologies. Ive never flown Emirates.=, and with the mounting problems in the gulf I doubt I will ever fly any arab airline in the future.

Flown both Qatar and Emirates a few months ago and all I noticed was the Qatar aircraft going all around the houses to avoid neighbour's airspace.

And it was pleasantly quieter at Doha

Given that and the alternative of transit at LHR I think Arab airlines are still OK.

Edited by jacko

Flown both Qatar and Emirates a few months ago and all I noticed was the Qatar aircraft going all around the houses to avoid neighbour's airspace.

And it was pleasantly quieter at Doha

Given that and the alternative of transit at LHR I think Arab airlines are still OK.

Oh to each their own mate.

Its just a personal thing. I used to fly Arab airlines a lot ( I got lots of freebies). I was on one of the last Kuwait Airlines flights into Kuwait before Sadam marched in and I always used Gulf air as back in the 80's their food was always so good, but over the last 10 years or so Ive moved away from Arab airlines, especially at the moment with imminent war between Iran and Saudi.

I have never ever used a Saudi airline due to their hardline Islamic attitudes and their duplicity in cosying up to us to buy our weapons etc then rewriting their version of the Koran making it far more hardline ahgainst non-muslims. I wont ever fly an Arab airline again.

I'm happy with Thai. Its a shame that Garuda with all their faults stopped running into Bangkok. Phillippine werent that bad but you had to be quick to catch the waitresses before they all dived off to bed, their main problem was lateness and cancellations due to shortage of long haul planes

Phillippine werent that bad but you had to be quick to catch the waitresses before they all dived off to bed, their main problem was lateness and cancellations due to shortage of long haul planes

Crikey, heard so many bad things wrt them I wouldn't have dreamed of using them. Wasn't the PAL abbreviation meant to represent 'Plane Always Late'? I still recall a work friend complaining how other carriers welcomed you on board with gentle music in the background, but PAL blasted your eardrums!

When I worked there for a project I was in and out BA (via HKG where switched to Cathay)... back in the day when their Club World was a pleasure. That was also in the day I flew a lot with Gulf Air too, and they were good.

Kuwait Air were rubbish and I hated the airport.

Edited by jacko

Thanks.

Bit clearer to me now.

I'm buying a Saver ticket and will be able to reserve a seat once online check in is available.

OR pay the extra £160 for a Flexi Saver.

£160 is beers and entertainment is my option.

I booked Glasgow-Swampy return yesterday, cheapest class on their website. Could (& did) choose my seats as soon as I'd completed the booking.
  • Upvote 1

Crikey, heard so many bad things wrt them I wouldn't have dreamed of using them. Wasn't the PAL abbreviation meant to represent 'Plane Always Late'? I still recall a work friend complaining how other carriers welcomed you on board with gentle music in the background, but PAL blasted your eardrums!

When I worked there for a project I was in and out BA (via HKG where switched to Cathay)... back in the day when their Club World was a pleasure. That was also in the day I flew a lot with Gulf Air too, and they were good.

Kuwait Air were rubbish and I hated the airport.

PAL was terrible on their UK-BKK-MNL for one reason only. They only had 2 dedicated 747's on the route and flew on Tuesday and Thursday. So if one broke down?? you were buggered for at least 2 days. THen again I think Phillippine airways were the first airline to have beds on that routing. The waitresses would nick them if Business class was empty.

And Kuwait Airport? Grey dismal Concrete building, and what tickled me about Kuwait airways was they always read something from the Koran just before Take-off.

I heard a yarn that PAL were booted out of LHR due to not paying the bill or something, as well as not meeting European aviation safety standards, but it was a yarn so add a pinch of salt.

A mate at work flew to Manila on the old 747 PAL back in the 80's, he said it was a pretty good flight all in all - does anyone know if it was a direct flight back then?.

On the subject of 747's, as of Jan 2018 there will only be 2 carriers using the 747 out of LHR for passengers, one being El Al, the other BA. korean have apparently changed over to 777's, so I am told.

I heard a yarn that PAL were booted out of LHR due to not paying the bill or something, as well as not meeting European aviation safety standards, but it was a yarn so add a pinch of salt.

A mate at work flew to Manila on the old 747 PAL back in the 80's, he said it was a pretty good flight all in all - does anyone know if it was a direct flight back then?.

Nope, their UK- Manila flights were always via Bangkok

The main reason I used them was because they were quite generous with their AD70 discounts for agents plus their freebies and easy upgrades to Business for agents

But even in the 80's their 747's were looking old and rarely if ever departed on time or even on day. They flew from Gatwick too which is an airport I dislike.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to pay for booking seats ?? On a scheduled airline like Emirates ??

Emirates brought in a charge for pre-booking seats on the cheapest fares. Since then I haven't booked any flights with Emirates..... Qatar is currently my airline of choice for flying from Manchester.....

Although I have booked for 7-26 December with Qatar £502 Man to Bkk when I get e mail or update always have a look. Yesterday on Skyscanner with minimum stopover £436 inc tax. There was no mention of Black Friday offer just a sensible price

Although I have booked for 7-26 December with Qatar £502 Man to Bkk when I get e mail or update always have a look. Yesterday on Skyscanner with minimum stopover £436 inc tax. There was no mention of Black Friday offer just a sensible price

Seems very good value. Even the £502 is reasonably priced. Well done

Emirates brought in a charge for pre-booking seats on the cheapest fares. Since then I haven't booked any flights with Emirates..... Qatar is currently my airline of choice for flying from Manchester.....

It's only for some seats - like the window seat pairs near the back where it changes from 3 to 2 seats. Personally, I prefer the ones that back onto something as I dislike reclining, and those are free to pre-book.

It's only for some seats - like the window seat pairs near the back where it changes from 3 to 2 seats. Personally, I prefer the ones that back onto something as I dislike reclining, and those are free to pre-book.

With Emirates Saver tickets there is a charge for pre-booking seats prior to on-line check-in opening.... I like to choose where I'm sitting when I book so Emirates is now out of the equation for me....

Etihad also dropped out of favour with me when they dropped the luggage allowance down to 23Kg.... MrsFiend loves bring Thai food ingredients back to the UK with her so our luggage allowance gets maxed out for the trip back...

Qatar is the airline of choice for me at the moment even if it means suffering 2 legs on a Nightmareliner....