Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

Butch

Do you happen to know when this pic was taken?

P1010385 (Medium).JPG

I think it was a fair while ago as Kaos is now Dolls, and the realtors next door is now Jibby's -

,Bazle_-_LK_Metro.jpg

I think Jibby's opened in September 2017.

• Upvote 1

Hi Bazle

Mate it was 12/10/2015, I just checked the "properties" on the original. so the "Sale building" is now "Wall of Death" as well ?

Edited by Butch
change of text
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, js007 said:

What's the name of the big buildings being built behind Soi LK Metro (visible in one of the pics)? 

That's The Base - an enormous condo development.

They've recently started building more towers there, having demolished the buildings opposite Kiss on the corner of Second Road and Soi Diana. 

• Upvote 1

They've constructed a nice park at the NE end of Huai Chak Nok reservoir.
P3010069.jpg

P3010072.jpg

Unique style pedestrian bridge.P3010065.jpg

Picnic table icon is the park location.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thanks 1
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:31 AM, Bazle said:

As I walked along Beach Road this afternoon, I came across two teams power hosing the pavement.

Looking at the pavement after it had dried, it really didn't look that much different. However, the objective seemed to be to get rid of the loose sand by washing it into the drain at the side of the road. I'm sure that will do the drainage system a lot of good!

DSC00632a.jpg

DSC00636.JPG

DSC00641.JPG

Drainage in Pattaya? Since when? When I left 10 years ago,it barely existed.

Thanks everyone for posting all these photos. Things have indeed changed. I'm returning in August for the 1st time since I left Jomtien 10 years ago.

Soi 2, I was just thinking when walking by the other day, Classroom and the beer bars opposite, can't remember the name of the one at the back, which was enclosed and air conditioned, we often went in there, remember they had one of those electronic dart boards, sadly gone.

Working on the open sewer today. Thought the steel panels would be used for retaining walls, but that doesn't look to be the case.
P3020002.jpg

From next to Adelphi Hotel, Buakhao Soi 19.
P3020007.jpg

Construction site 3rd Rd near Klang.
P3020010.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The open sewer, I'm trying to figure out where it is, is it on the road that comes off the "chicane" corner where the R con bars are?.

Great pics BTW, thanks for posting, I hope your feet didn't get too wet!

Great pics FBWU, and thanks for posting! I saw some pics of Sukhumvit under water too and wonder if the tunnel was effected or simply the cause! I know someone who went into town early and got caught up in it. Apparently the police were for once out turning people back from deep areas which is good to hear. 

Boy did I dodge the bullet when I saw the clouds building at home and deciding not to go into town for a naughty!

If you have time and the inclination how about going to see and evidence how the Beach reclamation did after this.

(Whoops, I see you did already, good one!)

Edited by jacko
13 hours ago, Butch said:

The open sewer, I'm trying to figure out where it is, is it on the road that comes off the "chicane" corner where the R con bars are?.

Great pics BTW, thanks for posting, I hope your feet didn't get too wet!

Correct. They've been working on it for a couple of months now w/o anything to show for their efforts, other than a big hole in the ground.

Edited to add: I used my mtn bike to get out and take the pics. At one point on Soi 13 all I could see were my handle bars. So yes, I did get my feet wet and quite a bit more.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Bloody hell, that must have been some downpour then!.

Hate to think what would happen if some poor sod took a shortcut through the green netting to cross the road in the rain...

I always worry about wandering or walking about in water like that, if Icut myself or had an open wound, getting that filthy water in would cause a few problems I expect. A few years ago some poor farang died when he stepped into a puddle which was being fed live current by a live cable, since then I've always been very careful either in LOS or the RP.

On 4/3/2019 at 5:31 PM, Butch said:

Bloody hell, that must have been some downpour then!.

Hate to think what would happen if some poor sod took a shortcut through the green netting to cross the road in the rain...

I always worry about wandering or walking about in water like that, if Icut myself or had an open wound, getting that filthy water in would cause a few problems I expect. A few years ago some poor farang died when he stepped into a puddle which was being fed live current by a live cable, since then I've always been very careful either in LOS or the RP.

Well some of the potholes are back, particularly in front of the Nightwish bars on Soi pothole.

One has to look on the bright side though, I got to use the upstairs VIP room at a particular establishment there, as the ground floor was mucky after being flooded on Tuesday. But business goes on. Nervous riding home under black and rumbling skies yesterday, but it never amounted to anything. 

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Easy R-Con open sewer as of yesterday afternoon.

Thanks, FBWY. 

Can you tell me what they are trying to achieve there, please.

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Thanks, FBWY. 

Can you tell me what they are trying to achieve there, please.

Not really sure. That area of Buakhao is prone to flooding, so perhaps they're improving the storm water drainage. Previously I posted the following pic of the plans. Perhaps someone that can read Thai could translate.

40554512263_215e035568_b.jpg

• Thanks 1