Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Things that make you crazy in LOS........

Those selling flowers on Walking Street. Every single night they were out there one every 2 feet and I just so happen to always be walking with my TG so of course they're always sticking the flowers in my face. Everywhere I turn, it's flowers in my face. I went from being nice and smiling and saying No Thanks to ignoring them, and then to fucking with them pretending I don't understand what they were selling. Then just went back to ignoring. They hate that.

The Thais that are always trying to take your picture on Walking St. Same as the flower sellers, they are everywhere. God Fucking Dammit. Between these fuckers and the flower selling fuckers, I dreaded walking down Walking St. It got to a point where I just walked behind my TG so they didn't think I was with her and it kinda worked.

Those little girls that sell the glow rings on Walking St. Hate how they just pop out in front you wrapping the ring on your neck, pulling you down to give you a kiss and wrapping themselves around you tightly, and then want you to buy the rings. Feels so fucking dirty. Only allowed that to happen to me once, and never again. Never did buy any from them. I wish no one else would either. These kids don't belong on Walking St.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never offer my hand to the tailors.........sometimes they grip my wrist as I pass........I learnt a simple non violent and effective grip 'breaker' when I studied aikido ......it effortlessly frees me and leaves them thinking, 'how did he do that....'

.......Works equally well in soi 6.

Edited by atlas2
I will never understand why more advanced countries have never looked at Thailand with their bum guns? Fair enough, some Farangs could not care less about cleanliness, but some of us do. I am lucky as I am pretty regular and manage to have a shower after having a good shit in the morning at home most of the time. :allright

We have had "bum guns" bidees years in Finland, sadly though mostly on womens toilets. I have them at home on both toilets.

aroy=nice(you like)

That's not what it means.

We have had "bum guns" bidees years in Finland, sadly though mostly on womens toilets. I have them at home on both toilets.

In the UK you can get them on ebay. Search for "handheld bidet" or "shattaf" (the Muslim word - they need them for ritual cleansing prior to prayer). Strangely, searching for "bum gun" doesn't work. ^_^

Guest cocodile

Why bother about a few insignificant things, at the end of the day, nobody asked you to come over, although it's been a few years for me since I have been there, but for me it's still a laid back place for me, and a visit is on the cards in the very near future, and if it's not to my liking, I just as easily fuck off.

Nobody asked me to come over there, and nobody's gonna prevent me from leaving.

If you want a piece of assholiness, just take a trip to where you origin from, and then you'll get a taste of real life. ^_^

The Thais that are always trying to take your picture on Walking St. Same as the flower sellers, they are everywhere. God Fucking Dammit. Between these fuckers and the flower selling fuckers, I dreaded walking down Walking St. It got to a point where I just walked behind my TG so they didn't think I was with her and it kinda worked.
Tempting to offer to buy the cameras, they may have some antique value now.
1. Pulling by beer out of the condom every few minute to see if I'm done. Then finding one inch or less, shaking it like a bell in front of my face, asking if I want another.

That's my pet hate along with vendors prodding you in the back while you are seated at a bar looking at the girls or having a chat. I also find that some Thais have no qualms about interrupting you when you are in conversation with someone else.

Why bother about a few insignificant things, at the end of the day, nobody asked you to come over, although it's been a few years for me since I have been there, but for me it's still a laid back place for me, and a visit is on the cards in the very near future, and if it's not to my liking, I just as easily fuck off.

If you want a piece of assholiness, just take a trip to where you origin from, and then you'll get a taste of real life. :whistling:

I think we all are taking what you say as a given.............These are just curiously Thai, minor endearments. Relax.

I think we all are taking what you say as a given.............These are just curiously Thai, minor endearments. Relax.

Right on, nobody who's posted is busting a gut or losing his rag over these little irritations. We all know it's their country blah, blah ...

Having said that, I've met a small number of long-term expats who can't take a lighthearted view any more, if they ever could, and are noticeably angry about just about everything. They should leave before the cumulative effect of the Thai way of life destroys their mental balance.

Those selling flowers on Walking Street. Every single night they were out there one every 2 feet and I just so happen to always be walking with my TG so of course they're always sticking the flowers in my face. Everywhere I turn, it's flowers in my face. I went from being nice and smiling and saying No Thanks to ignoring them, and then to fucking with them pretending I don't understand what they were selling. Then just went back to ignoring. They hate that.

I just say "eat already... am full" to the flower sellers..... they soon give up..

Has to be either the farang that wears 200lbs of amulets around their neck and bows to everything that doesn't move or the farang that speaks some foreign fucked up language like.....Me go home now ok? or you love me good ok?.....Why can't they just talk normal?

One more thing....Stop saying Khrap after every sentence.....You look stupid!

Edited by captcraig2
I never offer my hand to the tailors.........sometimes they grip my wrist as I pass........I learnt a simple non violent and effective grip 'breaker' when I studied aikido ......it effortlessly frees me and leaves them thinking, 'how did he do that....'

.......Works equally well in soi 6.

I just dont get pissed off with tailors in Pattaya simply because I have been to Patong beach Phuket. Now these guys have the art of being totally obnoxious down pat.

I just say "eat already... am full" to the flower sellers..... they soon give up..

That is exactly what I say to the ones selling the sparrows in little cages.

- Beggars tapping you on the shoulder, shoe cleaners and vendors that come to the bars -cunts, the lots of them

- BG/waitresses constantly removing your beer from its jacket to check the level

- " " asking you if you want "one more" when your glass is still half full

- Trying to cross 2nd Road at 6 pm

- Baht buses that just stop without warning, when I am on a bike behind one

- The open drain just before WS

- Pot holes

- Indian tailors

- Time share scammers

- farangs who go around "waiing" everyone, regardless of who they are

- farangs who get up on stage and dance the pole in gogo bars

- paying 5 baht to have a piss in a stinking toilet

-Sonkhran :chogdee

- flat tonic water

- farangs holding up the queue in 7/11 & Family mart getting the staff to top up their mobile phones, because they are too thick and lazy to do it themselves

- drunks in Kiss restaiurant at 2 am

- Japanese tourists holding hands in a chain crossing beach road

- farangs wearing sunglasses in gogo bars and discos at night :banghead (only Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Jose Feliciano should be allowed :chogdee

Victor Meldrew

Edited by Gawd Elpus

It's been mentioned before but i have to agree, those bloody whistles. There was a hotel next to where i was living a few years ago and coaches arrived at all times of the night and day, of course they were ushered into position by a security guy with a whistle. 1luv

You can drive to the store, but once there it seems you need someone to direct you to park (i'm citing Friendship store car park here) imagine how many of these guys they would need at somewhere like Tesco in the U.K. !

I now want to buy one of those whistles and echo what they do without them knowing where it's coming from.

Like some other posters, i also tell the street vendors with flowers, birds and 'photo opportunities' with furry animals; "Imm Lao" i'm full.

Motorbikes on pavements.

'Show ponies' outside bars that desert you when you are inside.

The persistent, enquiring phrase " One more ? " I'll tell you when i want another drink. :clueless

Pushy tailors. (i don't think they actually make the stuff, there are loads of places around Pattaya soisong 16 area, churning out clothing.)

"No Hab" when they just can't be bothered to look.

Flexible laws, (that is actually working in our favour, at least on the subject of prostitution) :lol:

Persistent vendors that push you to the point of saying " What part of NO don't you understand ? "

Edited by Ergodyne

It seems many of the complaints are about life in Pattaya, not LOS in general.

So, with that in mind, my Pattaya peeve is the stupid people who walk in the street 3 or 4 abreast when there are sidewalks available to walk on, or without sidewalks, they could walk single or double file.

They should be mowed down by a baht bus or passenger bus.

This usually can be seen in the 2nd Road area just south of Marine Plaza.

- farangs holding up the queue in 7/11 & Family mart getting the staff to top up their mobile phones, because they are too thick and lazy to do it themselves

Hey 'Gawd' Thanks for reminding me about that, it rates very highly, along with your mention of Songkran.

It seems many of the complaints are about life in Pattaya, not LOS in general.

So, with that in mind, my Pattaya peeve is the stupid people who walk in the street 3 or 4 abreast when there are sidewalks available to walk on, or without sidewalks, they could walk single or double file.

They should be mowed down by a baht bus or passenger bus.

This usually can be seen in the 2nd Road area just south of Marine Plaza.

To be honest (and lilkely since I don't drive the truck in town much) I feel the opposite.

Pig ignorant car or bike drivers that nearly hit you or sneak up behind you and beep... I hate walking down Soi 7 towards the beach as I keep feeling I will be hit and the hairs are up on my neck.

The key to your post is...there are sidewalks available to walk on , there mostly isn't, as they either do not exist, or are full of damned market stalls/parked motorcycles or foodcarts selling toxic farang food. :clap2 Or the motorcycle taxi guys have set up there blocking it...

I shall post a picture from Blackpool promenade when I get back from my UK trip to show what a nice stroll down the front should be like.....

To be honest (and lilkely since I don't drive the truck in town much) I feel the opposite.

Pig ignorant car or bike drivers that nearly hit you or sneak up behind you and beep... I hate walking down Soi 7 towards the beach as I keep feeling I will be hit and the hairs are up on my neck.

The key to your post is...there are sidewalks available to walk on , there mostly isn't, as they either do not exist, or are full of damned market stalls/parked motorcycles or foodcarts selling toxic farang food. :kissing Or the motorcycle taxi guys have set up there blocking it...

I shall post a picture from Blackpool promenade when I get back from my UK trip to show what a nice stroll down the front should be like.....

Even without sidewalks, if you are walking in a group on a road or soi that is shared with vehicles, walking abreast, blocking the road unthinkingly without care or concern for vehicular traffic makes you a target for all sorts of road rage, including the well-timed horn right on your ass.

Stay to the sides of the soi. You don't need to hold hands with your mates. :P

Not surprisingly, the biggest abusers of the road sharing "etiquette" are those from countries where the guys do hold hands while strolling.

Even without sidewalks, if you are walking in a group on a road or soi that is shared with vehicles, walking abreast, blocking the road unthinkingly without care or concern for vehicular traffic makes you a target for all sorts of road rage, including the well-timed horn right on your ass.

Stay to the sides of the soi. You don't need to hold hands with your mates. :P

Not surprisingly, the biggest abusers of the road sharing "etiquette" are those from countries where the guys do hold hands while strolling.

Coincidentally I drove in last night and a gang of Indians crossed infront of me on Klang (no crossing, opposite Carrefour) and I had to hit the anchors (no comments about I had just washed the truck please.. :D). And we all love the Chinese processions across beach road after the Island trips...

I don't walk abreast even on beach road, sea-side, hardly practical. Are you expecting me to zig in and out around the parked vehicles and foodcarts selling toxic farang food?

Pity the hand-holders don't have trunks, then they could walk in line like elephants, although a nearly similar option has me shuddering. :allright

We need a few more roads where traffic is banned, and a few less market stalls. Parking etiquette is also a problem....

Getting past the aged cowboy on WS was hard last night.