Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

have up to 500,000 bth to buy condo

Newly arrived in Thailand, wish to buy condo have up to 500,000 bth available please call or text 080 101 7037

That aint much for a condo mate ????

Maybe try Nirun condo on soi aronthi,u might get lucky there

I havn't looked lately but there are generally a few condos In the Nirun complex for that kind of money.Saying that they are very small and I personally would not want to live in a 26sqM room,which is what 500000baht will buy you.I do not think there is anywhere else in central Pattaya that you can afford with 500000baht,but I may be wrong.

I havn't looked lately but there are generally a few condos In the Nirun complex for that kind of money.Saying that they are very small and I personally would not want to live in a 26sqM room,which is what 500000baht will buy you.I do not think there is anywhere else in central Pattaya that you can afford with 500000baht,but I may be wrong.

Wow that is only three times the size of my bedroom closet.

Still barely $16,000 if you can live in 300 square feet (for example, you are a cat) would pay for itself in a couple years of say, RG monthly, albeit wwith them offering a far larger better space.

I have spent more on airfare than his budget in 2011.

To ad,If you are still considering the Nirun Condos,then get yourself down to the block and look around for all the owners who have signs up.This is a much cheaper route than going through an agent as they can push the price up by as much 20% or even more on condos at these low prices.Many owners will sell at greatly reduced prices just to get away.

• Upvote 1

Pattaya Plaza condo, Nirun, or 9 Karat (maybe) are the condos for you. That's pretty much it at around 500k. Maybe Spanish Place, but they have some odd management/upkeep issues. The best choice then would be Pattaya Plaza or Nirun. If you have 700k+ I would look at Jomtien Beach Condominium, the buildings in the back.

• 5 years later...

^

There are more than 130 units (!) at 9 Karat Condo to be sold to auction next week.

Don't know about details but documentation available at the condo office.

Edited by Idefix

A 500,000 baht condo is not really that bad if you can stand to live in a shoebox. You can live there several years and you will probably be able to sell it for what you paid for it. Much better investment than paying 1.5 million for 30 square meters.

^

There are more than 130 units (!) at 9 Karat Condo to be sold to auction next week.

If anyone is interested, there are further details on TV.

Hope I'm allowed to post the link - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/974982-pattaya-9-karat-condo-138-rooms-for-auction/

I wouldn't be at all interested in buying a derelict unit. Too many headaches and potential headaches. It is much safer to buy a unit that you can put the key in the door, turn on the lights and see if the toilet flushes. Check how the electric is billed and how much the monthly maintenance will cost you. Most complexes will allow you to look at the books and check the balance of the fund.

Maybe the most important thing is to make sure the unit can be in your name. I know guys who bought off plan and when it came time to get the chanote, they were told that the farang allotment was used up. That meant they had to have the unit in a bogus company name. That's NOT good for resale.

Depending on your circumstances will determine whether to buy or rent. I would NOT buy a condo for an investment. You should plan to live there and if you eventually want to sell, you don't have to be in a hurry. Many guys buy shoeboxes and get tired of being cramped up in it. They want to upgrade to a liveable sized unit but are basically trapped in their shoebox. Larger units are much easier to sell. I consider a separate bedroom, room for storage and a washing machine as a must have.

There are some circumstances where a 500,000 baht cheap unit would be fine especially if you only want to use it occasionally. It's kind of like a hotel room, fine for a week or two but not suitable for full time living. I consider paying rent as a waste of money. To each his own.

^

This is near one of my walking routes...is it behind the school..???

thread starter in 2011.....

Very old thread but an interesting topic.